Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do we have a realistic chance of getting Poch?

Gonzo BHA

Sep 3, 2004
BN1
No chance but what a statement it would be if we managed to get him in! (or someone of a similar ilk)

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;10379099 said:
There's a small chance I'd say, but as others have said the second a job at a big club came he'd be off in a flash and we'd be starting over again.

What, like has just happened you mean?

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
If no - please state why.

Wages have to be the main reason. But also I would think he'd be off as soon as a champions league club came calling, which would likely be soon, because he has big reputation.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
no

everton / villa / forest / leicester - all bigger clubs that pay more would have no chance

we are beneath that list of attractiveness

Strange take on it? How can we be below forest? Unless you’re going into ancient history, we are a bigger club than Forest in 2022 and have a much better and more established squad.

Everton’s squad is shit, Villa have money and a fairly decent squad but something stinks there, lots of egos and Leicester I would argue we are very similar sized clubs, aside from their wonder season. If we are talking about current club situations I’m not sure how any of those are clearly above us attractiveness job wise.

I agree generally tho, Poch wouldn’t come here or to any of the clubs you’ve listed.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;10379099 said:
There's a small chance I'd say, but as others have said the second a job at a big club came he'd be off in a flash and we'd be starting over again.

Unlike, say, Graham Potter you mean?

..............oh, hang on .................

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The wrong fit.

He’ll think he’s bigger, which he probably is

He’ll also be openly grumpy about our transfer policy, which to be fair 99% of managers would be

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Unlike, say, Graham Potter you mean?

..............oh, hang on .................

When Potter joined he was never going to be poached from us within 12 months, as he still had to build his reputation. With Poch, he already has a reputation and could easily be off in 12 months, if not sooner. Potter was here for 3 years.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
More to the point, would we want him? Doesn't fit the normal criteria Bloom looks for.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;10379150 said:
When Potter joined he was never going to be poached from us within 12 months, as he still had to build his reputation. With Poch, he already has a reputation and could easily be off in 12 months, if not sooner. Potter was here for 3 years.

Was replying to "the second a job at a big club came he'd be off in a flash." He was.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Do we have a realistic chance of getting him? No, simply because in order to make 'teams like Brighton' successful, you have to buy from smaller markets, develop, nurture and be tactically extremely adept, and crucially for someone like Poch, he wouldn't be able to break the bank bringing in big names. I just cannot see it happening, but what do I know, I'm just a supporter :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here