Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do we have a realistic chance of getting Poch?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
TBH I don't think he fits the profile of the type of Head Coach TB will want, we need a progressive type who thinks out the box etc Poch is very much a I have the experience etc and would then get petulant as and when we don't sign a striker etc.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
TBH I don't think he fits the profile of the type of Head Coach TB will want, we need a progressive type who thinks out the box etc Poch is very much a I have the experience etc and would then get petulant as and when we don't sign a striker etc.

Its a good point well made Beachy. So would you be disappointed if we got him?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Firstly, Poch is an elite manager and there is no chance of that move happening now. However, it is possible in the future and I think he would make an excellent Albion manager.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Its a good point well made Beachy. So would you be disappointed if we got him?

I wouldn't be disappointed but more concerned on how he would really do, let's be honest he had the worlds most expensive player when managing PSG, arguable whether he is the worlds best as I would say Mbeppe is better then Neymar however the issue would be Bloom has decided and is going down a path of player development as opposed to spending a fortune on players with proven talent, my personal view is that is not a strength of Poch management, however, happy to be proved wrong.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ridiculous thread. Poch would not even give BHA a second look. Lets get real, he's probably barely heard of us.

He'll want a serious chequebook, and Europe. Neither of which he is going to get here. Spurs - PSG - Brighton ? Do behave. Why are we even discussing this ?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Ridiculous thread. Poch would not even give BHA a second look. Lets get real, he's probably barely heard of us.

He'll want a serious chequebook, and Europe. Neither of which he is going to get here. Spurs - PSG - Brighton ? Do behave. Why are we even discussing this ?

You do wonder what filter/lens people who view this as a possibility see the world and their daily lives through. Do they anticipate Lance Armstrong rocking up to run their local bike shop one day, Mary Berry taking a job in their local Greggs, Rishi Sunak becoming assistant manager at their local Lloyds Bank? It’s beyond insanity.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
You do wonder what filter/lens people who view this as a possibility see the world and their daily lives through. Do they anticipate Lance Armstrong rocking up to run their local bike shop one day, Mary Berry taking a job in their local Greggs, Rishi Sunak becoming assistant manager at their local Lloyds Bank? It’s beyond insanity.

Rod Stewart’s supermodel wife being their local bobby…?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...niform-RAF-Northolt-Queens-coffin-arrive.html

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Who wouldn’t want to swap working with Neymar, Kylian Mbappe and Lionel Messi for coaching Solly March, Deniz Undav and Kaoru Mitoma?

A switch to the Amex would appear unlikely for the Argentine, but never say never in football!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
1) not a chance he would come here
2) even if by some miracle he did he would be off later in the season when a top job comes up (see Ancelotti at Everton as good example of this)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Only chance of getting him here would be by selling it to him on a ‘do a good job here for a couple of seasons and you’ll get a job back in the top 6’ basis. Which is exact what we don’t want.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
https://www.sussexexpress.co.uk/spo...tter-step-forward-mauricio-pochettino-3841631

IMHO it’s a clear statement of intent that we wish to remain in the Top 10 and even push further on.

It’s the most unique and significant appointment in the clubs history, we can’t look back and say, Potter was unknown and untried, we were a different entity, as much as it grieves me to say it we were bottom 6 all day long with Hughton, a change was needed, with a few bumps in the road it’s clearly worked with GP, but now we have to replace a Top 10 manager with another proven Top 10 manager..

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam

Some of us have a growth mindset, some of us don’t.

I am sure Potter thought the same as you about the possibility of managing a top 6 elite club.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
https://www.sussexexpress.co.uk/spo...tter-step-forward-mauricio-pochettino-3841631

IMHO it’s a clear statement of intent that we wish to remain in the Top 10 and even push further on.

It’s the most unique and significant appointment in the clubs history, we can’t look back and say, Potter was unknown and untried, we were a different entity, as much as it grieves me to say it we were bottom 6 all day long with Hughton, a change was needed, with a few bumps in the road it’s clearly worked with GP, but now we have to replace a Top 10 manager with another proven Top 10 manager..

So you’re basically saying we need Poch, or possibly OGS or Rodgers…..not really any other ‘proven Top 10’ (PL) managers remotely in the frame. Personally don’t see any of them coming and not sure I’d want any of them.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I guess it depends on how serious about his profile remaining relevant.

The longer he is out of a job,, the less relevant he is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here