Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Do All Those ‘BRIGHTON’ Fans on Here With a ‘Soft Spot’ for Arsenal Still Want Them to Win the Title?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm as completely neutral as any right-thinking Manchester United-hater can be, and if I have a preference for any team to win the title it would be Arsenal on the basis that I'm fed up with City and their oil money dominating the league. Arsenal are no worse than any other club when it comes to trying to get players from other clubs. Didn't City try to get Cucurella from us for a bargain price?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Me, I was happy for them to win over City and Liverpool but after their shenanigans with Trossard and now Caicedo I hope they crash and burn in the second half of the season. Deliberately unsettling players by low ball offers and collusion with agents lacks any sort of class at all!

I hope to sit back and enjoy Tross going off form and Arteta having meltdowns on the touchline

I care not who wins the PL, just as long as it’s not Arsenal

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Both City and Arsenal have tried to unsettle players who they couldn't afford. I despise them both, along with Newcastle and the other four. Before this transfer window my mind was already made up that Arsenal looking like they had it in the bag and then doing a Devon Loch would offer the most comedy value for the neutral. My mind is unchanged.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I am not sure loads of Albion fans have a soft spot for Arsenal at all...Bizarre thinking.

I have no real problem with Arsenal myself though, they played great football under Wenger and it was great seeing them winning the league instead of Man Utd, who I cannot stand. Also, this season, they were one of the best teams I have ever seen live when they came to The Amex, especially in the first-half. As for this years title race, I currently still am of the thinking that I would rather Arsenal won it as it is just different to having Manchester City winning it again.

Now for the Caicedo situation, I do not actually attach any blame to Arsenal at all. As one of the worlds biggest clubs they are going to be interested in the best players, it just makes sense. The problem we have here is this new agency that Caicedo has signed himself up with. Instead of guiding him through his career and allow him to progress, they have filled his head with nonsense. I also strongly suspect that the second they secured Moises as a client they were on the blower to all the top clubs, hawking him around...They probably even (wrongly) informed Arsenal that a bid of £60m would be enough.

So for now, Arsenal are fine by me. But after The Albion taking a tough stance and with the latest development of telling Caicedo to stay away, making it quite clear where we stand, if they come back in with another bid, then my mood around The Gunners will certainly change.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Feck all of ‘em.

“No pity. No prisoners. I’ll shoot any man I see with pity in his heart” (Marshall Blucher, Belgian field, June 18th 1815)

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I can imagine there's quite a bit of concern in the Arsenal camp. Even if Partey is OK, they are VERY reliant on him and Odegaard. It was interesting watching the last 20/30 minutes of last night's game - they created virtually nothing. Obviously Odegaard came on for the final quarter of an hour, but there was no one to do any covering for him, and he was running around like a headless chicken not really achieving much.
Elneny is also out (albeit he's not anywhere near Partey's level).
They are 5 points clear (plus a game in hand), but with two games against City still to come....that lead could disappear quite quickly.
Perhaps they'll have a go at trying to get Declan Rice early?

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I'm no Arsenal fan but was pleased to see Trossard play well last night. We all know what he's capable of and the level he can reach. I will however be equally pleased when he fails to turn up for Arsenal as he has for us on a number of occasions. Happy with the £. Happy for the player. Happy to have Mitoma. Happy that we're taking money from the big six.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I can imagine there's quite a bit of concern in the Arsenal camp. Even if Partey is OK, they are VERY reliant on him and Odegaard. It was interesting watching the last 20/30 minutes of last night's game - they created virtually nothing. Obviously Odegaard came on for the final quarter of an hour, but there was no one to do any covering for him, and he was running around like a headless chicken not really achieving much.
Elneny is also out (albeit he's not anywhere near Partey's level).
They are 5 points clear (plus a game in hand), but with two games against City still to come....that lead could disappear quite quickly.
Perhaps they'll have a go at trying to get Declan Rice early?
Arsenal can do whatever they like really, they'll still be no match for De Bruyne teeing up multi-goals for Haaland game after game. City have it in the bag already. Bookies clearly don't fancy Arsenal all that much either, bet365 currently go Arsenal 10/11 Man City 5/4 for the title. I know where I'd much rather put my money if the odds weren't so cramped

Last edited:

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I was one of those but not now. Screw them I hope they choke and lose the league and I hope they partly blame us for holding Caicedo hostage. Bunch of assholes the lot of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here