Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Do All Those ‘BRIGHTON’ Fans on Here With a ‘Soft Spot’ for Arsenal Still Want Them to Win the Title?

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Who would you prefer to win the league? City who did the same as Arsenal with Cucurella (possibly behaved worse). Man Utd?

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
I have no soft spot for Arsenal, but if it’s a choice between Arsenal and the self-satisfied Mekon continuing to burnish his own reputation as if having an entire nation state’s resources to play with had no part in his success, I’d rather it was Arsenal than Man City for the title.

I’d obviously prefer Brighton for the title to either, but the vultures are circling so thickly here I can barely see the sky.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I couldn't give a toss about Arsenal but them winning the league probably bags us a few million from the add-ons for Trossard and White so I'd rather have that than nothing.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I did want them to win because I can’t stand the Man City model. Now if they crashed and burned I’d laugh so hard I might need to see a chiropractor.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I've got to the stage where I hate the fvcking lot of the entitled bullying fvckers.

Yes upto yesterday I had a bit of a soft spot for Arsenal.

That's hardened. They can all do one.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Yes, they're certainly no 'second team', but I'd like them to win the title, City are boring, Arsenal play much more exciting, brave football, its similar to what we try and do and they have some great young players like Saka, Odegaard and White.

Can't blame them for trying to buy our players. And if someone is going to leave us, rather its for actual glory than just a sideways move for more money.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Watching last night confirms my view they got Trossard cheap
Missed the match but was highest rated Arsenal player

As for who wins the title, prefer not Citeh simply because they are cheats

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Gone right of Wrighty as well. His comments about taking Trossard from us were underhand.
Also believe now Trossard should have gone for a lot more, best Arsenal player on the pitch.
Personally, really getting fed up with the EPL and the rights of the big clubs to just strip us of our players.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I have no soft spot for Arsenal, but if it’s a choice between Arsenal and the self-satisfied Mekon continuing to burnish his own reputation as if having an entire nation state’s resources to play with had no part in his success, I’d rather it was Arsenal than Man City for the title.

I’d obviously prefer Brighton for the title to either, but the vultures are circling so thickly here I can barely see the sky.
Very much anyone but City. If it's got to be Arsenal so be it.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I don't get it

I thought everyone was spurs in Sussex. Where have all these arse fans come from ?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I don't get it

I thought everyone was spurs in Sussex. Where have all these arse fans come from ?
You sound like Gobbler from Extras. :wink:

I work with three and know four others locally, all Sussex born and bred. Emirates season ticket holders most of them.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I've quite enjoyed watching Asenal this season. Good football and success coming with it. I don't get any particular pleasure from the success but but good football without a winning performance is frustrating even if you don't support the team.

1 Brighton player in there was fine, 2 I could handle, but 3 .... Three.? ....that would be impossible, like shredded wheat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here