Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Divock Origi

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
I’d actually prefer Origi to Brewster as long as we bring in another striker who’d be a top U20 talent such a Arsenal’s Balogun (it’s rumoured that our £3m bid was turned down).

Origi has top level experience, he also seems like a much bigger unit with the sort of strength and power we need but he still has good pace. Origi has also played a number of the forward roles where as Brewster seems a No.9 and has very similar strengths to Maupay & Connolly.

Where did you see this? I saw there was something about Sheffield United having a bid turned down but not us...

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I think it would very much be a risk worth taking. Dream world of course but if we could spend 20-25 million and pick up Origi and Balogun I would be well pleased

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Me personally - I think it's a hell of a risk spending c, £14 mill on a striker that has played a full 90 minutes once in the llast 3 years.

His minutes to goal average should be decent if his body has not been worn down by the grind of the season, but has he got the stamina and mental fortitude to perform at a high level week in, week out?

No othrr club has made a move on him despite him being a bit part player for the last 5 years. Is he too comfortable in his supporting role being surroundd by world class players at Liverpool and Belgium? Is he a closer, not a starter? These are serious questions for me.

I'm so glad you're writing this stuff.

It means when my knobbish glib comments are challenged I can actually point to your posts on the fella and say 'that's what I meant'. :thumbsup: :lol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Switching my hopes to this thread from the Brewster one now :lolol:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Reported that Sheff United have had a £25m bid accepted for Brewster

Can’t see Origi being allowed to leave unless they have someone lined up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
the only worry with Origi is I think he may think he is a bit big time for us.... I may be completely wrong about him of course.

Brewster has a lot to prove etc. And I like signing young players who have ambition etc

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
The Sheffield United Brewster deal ruins any chance of Liverpool selling Origi then.

If they did sell both that would leave them with just Minamino and possibly Shaqiri, who they're also trying to sell, as back up to the front three. I can't see them leaving themselves that short up front and there don't seem to be any indications they're trying to sign anyone either at the moment.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
the only worry with Origi is I think he may think he is a bit big time for us.... I may be completely wrong about him of course.

Brewster has a lot to prove etc. And I like signing young players who have ambition etc

I wonder if he's just happy with his achievements.
TBH I think I would be, adored by much of Liverpool, never needing to put his hand in his pocket again, while earning a massive wage.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The Sheffield United Brewster deal ruins any chance of Liverpool selling Origi then.

If they did sell both that would leave them with just Minamino and possibly Shaqiri, who they're also trying to sell, as back up to the front three. I can't see them leaving themselves that short up front and there don't seem to be any indications they're trying to sign anyone either at the moment.

Disagree.

Out:
Brewster (with buy back)
Origi

In:
Sarr
Joe Hardy (promoted from U23s. The 21yr old scores a goal per game in Premier League 2)

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-brewster-sarr-transfer-news-22676853.amp

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I wouldn't bet against us bringing in someone who hardly any of us had even thought of. Just the Albion way like the Veltman deal. Just hoping whoever the club are considering comes to fruition fairly soon.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I wouldn't bet against us bringing in someone who hardly any of us had even thought of. Just the Albion way like the Veltman deal. Just hoping whoever the club are considering comes to fruition fairly soon.

If anything does happen this’ll be the most lightly scenario in my mind.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Alas, ‘tis true :(

Ritchie Barker could still do a job though...

Could do a job seemed to be catch phrase for signings when we were so shit that we were scratching around nominating past it players who were almost down to pub level. Don't hear it much these days, it's become "not what we need", even after a season the touted player's club had won the Premier League :lolol:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Could do a job seemed to be catch phrase for signings when we were so shit that we were scratching around nominating past it players who were almost down to pub level. Don't hear it much these days, it's become "not what we need", even after a season the touted player's club had won the Premier League :lolol:

Hulk, could do a job?

???

Heh heh heh

I still reckon he’ll be the under the radar one...

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Can we buy Joe Hardy instead?

I mean I guess technically he did score a goal a game in the PL2, but that's over 3 games. Prior to that he was playing in the Brentford B team, who famously do not run an academy within the FA's 'Elite Performance Plan'

Connolly
PL2 19/20 | Games 2 | Goals 3
PL2 18/19 | Games 15 | Goals 11, Assists 2

Hardy
PL2 19/20 | Games 3 | Goals 3

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here