Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Divock Origi

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
#SAUCEDRIEDUP

#NoNoos

#GotNoNames

The letter A featured prominently in one of the forwards names who will be SINGING #WATEnSEE #writeagain

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Origi would be £14m because he’s well into the final year of his contract.
He’s their 4th choice striker and has been there a while hence the £45k per week (when did that become not a lot of money BTW?)

He’d be a huge upgrade on what we have here, massive yes from me.

I work with a scouser, he reckons they are raising funds by offloading squad players for a massive signing, Mbappe according to him.

This would make a lot of sense as to why they’ve spent no money and are looking to offloading Origi, Brewster, Wilson etc

The premier league could be very exciting with Mbappe, Bale back at spuds, Rodriquez at Everton..... so the reason we haven’t signed anyone yet is that we’re just holding on for Neymar or Lewendoski or Martinez or Haaland or Dybala or whichever striker feels they have to join the greatest show on earth. Now we know why Messi wanted to leave and join UAE City....it’s all making no sense at all!

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I get why he's never scored more than single figures for Liverpool, but he's never done it for any side he's played for.

I'm not saying he's a bad player but we need a striker who can score 10 goals, particularly if Maupay gets injured.

Origi has never once played a season where he's played as many minutes as Maupay did for us last season. You have to go back to 2014/15 to get a season where he's had a decent wedge of minutes. In that season, he averaged a goal every three games, exactly the same as Maupay.

Looking at all the data available on 'understat.com', he has a slightly better rate than Maupay, but they don't have Maupay's Championship data, so I suspect that would make a huge difference.

Interesting looking at how Liverpool played him last season. For exactly half of the 28 games he was involved in, he came on as a sub for less than 15 minutes. Eleven of those games, he was on for single-digit minutes. They brought him on for a SINGLE minute FIVE times. He actually assisted in one of those, somehow.

In fact, he's played a full 90 ONCE for Liverpool in the last 3 years.

In previous seasons (15/16 and 16/17 he played a handful of full 90's for Liverpool (7 games, 5 goals, 2 assists)

All of that is thoroughly useless, but if Divock rates himself at all, he needs to move on from Liverpool.

Divi Moo.jpg

Last edited:

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Liverpool fans think he is bang average, has talent but doesn't show it.
Maybe he needs a run of games but looking at his stats he isn't the 10-15 goal a season striker we have been dreaming of (I know some have been dreaming 15-20)
If he is the guy our recruitment are after I will go along with it but would prefer Brewster.

Tell me who is, and is less than £70m. Andone, Locadia, Jahanbaksh all had good scoring form; that went well, then.

Sure the recruitment team are delighted that you will go along with it, nevertheless.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Origi has never once played a season where he's played as many minutes as Maupay did for us last season. You have to go back to 2014/15 to get a season where he's had a decent wedge of minutes. In that season, he averaged a goal every three games, exactly the same as Maupay.

Looking at all the data available on 'understat.com', he has a slightly better rate than Maupay, but they don't have Maupay's Championship data, so I suspect that would make a huge difference.

Interesting looking at how Liverpool played him last season. For exactly half of the 28 games he was involved in, he came on as a sub for less than 15 minutes. Eleven of those games, he was on for single-digit minutes. They brought him on for a SINGLE minute FIVE times. He actually assisted in one of those, somehow.

In fact, he's played a full 90 ONCE for Liverpool in the last 3 years.

In previous seasons (15/16 and 16/17 he played a handful of full 90's for Liverpool (7 games, 5 goals, 2 assists)

All of that is thoroughly useless, but if Divock rates himself at all, he needs to move on from Liverpool.

Good statting. If you add up minutes rather than matches, he averages close to a goal or assist every ninety minutes. Obviously that's in Liverpool's side, but he's quick, he's strong, he'd add height and can score goals from within the box, from distance and with his head. Similar to when Tammy Abraham was put forward as an unlikely target earlier in the window, I fail to see why any Brighton fan would be against signing him if the possibility arose. It makes you wonder who would be considered acceptable.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I sometimes despair of our fans. Linked with the Belgian international champions and PL winning Divock Origi and some of our fans are saying they don’t want him.

Who the **** would you accept?!

Especially given our budget restraints.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Good statting. If you add up minutes rather than matches, he averages close to a goal or assist every ninety minutes. Obviously that's in Liverpool's side, but he's quick, he's strong, he'd add height and can score goals from within the box, from distance and with his head. Similar to when Tammy Abraham was put forward as an unlikely target earlier in the window, I fail to see why any Brighton fan would be against signing him if the possibility arose. It makes you wonder who would be considered acceptable.

Left foot (probably tap ins), right foot, head and....

cockshot Origi.jpg

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Me personally - I think it's a hell of a risk spending c, £14 mill on a striker that has played a full 90 minutes once in the llast 3 years.

His minutes to goal average should be decent if his body has not been worn down by the grind of the season, but has he got the stamina and mental fortitude to perform at a high level week in, week out?

No othrr club has made a move on him despite him being a bit part player for the last 5 years. Is he too comfortable in his supporting role being surroundd by world class players at Liverpool and Belgium? Is he a closer, not a starter? These are serious questions for me.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Me personally - I think it's a hell of a risk spending c, £14 mill on a striker that has played a full 90 minutes once in the llast 3 years.

His minutes to goal average should be decent if his body has not been worn down by the grind of the season, but has he got the stamina and mental fortitude to perform at a high level week in, week out?

No othrr club has made a move on him despite him being a bit part player for the last 5 years. Is he too comfortable in his supporting role being surroundd by world class players at Liverpool and Belgium? Is he a closer, not a starter? These are serious questions for me.

You’re not wrong.

But this is the market we’re in unfortunately. We’re going to have to take risks on players who are either completely unproven in this league, end of their career. or have not played much of late.

I would definitely prefer Brewster to Origi, but as punts go, I’d take him.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
You’re not wrong.

But this is the market we’re in unfortunately. We’re going to have to take risks on players who are either completely unproven in this league, end of their career. or have not played much of late.

I would definitely prefer Brewster to Origi, but as punts go, I’d take him.

I’d actually prefer Origi to Brewster as long as we bring in another striker who’d be a top U20 talent such a Arsenal’s Balogun (it’s rumoured that our £3m bid was turned down).

Origi has top level experience, he also seems like a much bigger unit with the sort of strength and power we need but he still has good pace. Origi has also played a number of the forward roles where as Brewster seems a No.9 and has very similar strengths to Maupay & Connolly.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Tell me who is, and is less than £70m. Andone, Locadia, Jahanbaksh all had good scoring form; that went well, then.

Sure the recruitment team are delighted that you will go along with it, nevertheless.

This.

Our recruitment team is incompetent, and they are hoping nobody will notice. Luckily Tony Bloom hasn't noticed that some of the players we buy don't hack it. But Bloom ruddy well should notice as he's the owner!

In comparison, every other club buys only players that are an instant rip roaring success. Fact.

Sack the board. Recruitment team OUT!

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
This.

Our recruitment team is incompetent, and they are hoping nobody will notice. Luckily Tony Bloom hasn't noticed that some of the players we buy don't hack it. But Bloom ruddy well should notice as he's the owner!

In comparison, every other club buys only players that are an instant rip roaring success. Fact.

Sack the board. Recruitment team OUT!

Punctured bicycle on a hillside desolate, H. Will nature make a man of me yet?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Despite normally liking your contributions, I'm way off with you on this one. He'd be a great purchase in my book, and I'd resort to the evidence supplied by [MENTION=33965]FatSuperman[/MENTION] and the analysis of [MENTION=22849]Stato[/MENTION], and would add the fact that he's scored at the highest level. That said, we might be wrong. I'd take the wager to be proved wrong though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here