Diver-boy Zaha [Merged threads]

What is your opinion of Wilfried Zaha?

• Total voters

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Zaha : "only Messi & Ronaldo are better than me"

He comes across as an arrogant twat on twitter thinking that people only dislike him because he's successful and he's always talking about how good he is so his comments in that interview do not surprise me one bit. Add the cheating and you have one unsavoury character. It sounds a bit petty but as he is my most disliked footballer, I will not be supporting him in England shirt and hope he fails miserably if he gets any game time tomorrow.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
i unfortunately work with palace fans - so constant bullshitting about Zaha - apparently he will play 90% of the game on the right wing....

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Zaha is crucial to the way Palace play, I wouldn't be adverse to marking him out of the game. Crofts would be ideal for this job.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Bruno v Zaha

Zaha probably is a better player now but in the game at the Amex last season he was surpisingly marked out of it by Taricco. He only got involved once Taricco went off injured.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I have some sympathy for the guy, I've done one newspaper interview (2 years ago) and my words were even twisted in an irrelevant article in the Lancing Herald. :facepalm: :lolol:
I now have in inbuilt hatred for journalists. I think Zaha is a brilliant player and I won't compare him to Buckley because the latter is my favourite player EVER. :love:

Zaha's agent is an idiot, firstly he's let him say all of this stuff which had massive potential to be twisted. Secondly, he should be pushing him as hard as he can to play for England. Playing for England practically doubles (if not more) your value, being an international player only increases it a little, for an African side it can have little, no or negative impact due to the ACoN.
Being so hyped never ends too well...

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
That interview obviously engineered by his agent to raise his profile is a huge "come and get me" plea to Premier League clubs, I want to like Zaha because he is a very good player but can't until he leaves Palace. he has clearly reached the stage where he has outgrown Palace now and if he wants to continue to get picked for England (primarily picked to,steer him away from the Ivory Coast) then the premiership is his only route. he will definitely go in the Jan transfer window whatever palace, holloway or anyone else says, his agent will make sure of that. Palace will get nowhere near £20 million, they will get a modest initial fee and lots of potential add ons. He will be a gunner in the New Year and Palaces season will then crumble.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
WILFRIED ZAHA - The poll.

I thought he was from The Ivory Coast.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I hope you include an option that states, "I'm an Albion fan. Couldn't give a stuff about Z. He is of no interest to me"

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I have some sympathy for the guy, I've done one newspaper interview (2 years ago) and my words were even twisted in an irrelevant article in the Lancing Herald. :facepalm: :lolol:
I now have in inbuilt hatred for journalists. I think Zaha is a brilliant player and I won't compare him to Buckley because the latter is my favourite player EVER. :love:

Zaha's agent is an idiot, firstly he's let him say all of this stuff which had massive potential to be twisted. Secondly, he should be pushing him as hard as he can to play for England. Playing for England practically doubles (if not more) your value, being an international player only increases it a little, for an African side it can have little, no or negative impact due to the ACoN.
Being so hyped never ends too well...

The British media love to build people up and then knock them down. It's like being thrown to the wolves and it will all end in tears.

D

Deleted member 18477

on current form zaha will run rings around bruno. bridge however? an even contest.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
What point are you hoping to make?

Lots of Palace fans seem to believe that we all think Zaha is rubbish, but I'm hoping to prove that we think he's a good player, but not quite as good as they think he is.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It is hard to take this seriously and I didn't.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
WILFRIED ZAHA - The poll.

I thought he was from The Ivory Coast.

If you have a national football team, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire*...

Wilfried Zaha.

(* - Please be aware that he is very, very expensive. You'll need lots and lots of money)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Lots of Palace fans seem to believe that we all think Zaha is rubbish, but I'm hoping to prove that we think he's a good player, but not quite as good as they think he is.

But you've missed the answer that probably applies to most, something like:

I am a Brighton fan, Wilfried Zaha is clearly a skillful player with a lot of promise. Let's wait and see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here