Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Disgraceful Behaviour from Gus on the BBC tonight

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Nope. 75 pts IMO will get us in the play offs. I think I'd rather the 5-1 William Hills offer to get promoted.

What? 75 points is what we got this season. You are so certain that we are going to improve now Gus has gone, I'm saying if we do get more than 75 (I.e. improvement on this season) I will pay £50 to REMF (I assume you know what that is?). If we don't, which will mean we have gone backwards despite your bullishness, you pay? Comprendez?

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
I could see it was quite humiliating for Gus to be told by Mark Chapman that the club have got rid of him. Under the circumstances he held his dignity together when he wanted to say more about what's gone on.

Did you even watch the interview? He wasn't told by chapman, he said he was told by bbc production staff during the first half of the game, it wasn't LIVE on TV

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Tony Bloom has a job on his hands replacing Gus, I think it is a travesty how the best manager we have had for a while has been treated. Yes he has a massive ego but so what, just hope the man the chairman chooses to replace Gus gets us within touching distance of the Premiership otherwise there may even more disgruntled fans come next May.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Tony Bloom has a job on his hands replacing Gus, I think it is a travesty how the best manager we have had for a while has been treated. Yes he has a massive ego but so what, just hope the man the chairman chooses to replace Gus gets us within touching distance of the Premiership otherwise there may even more disgruntled fans come next May.

It's looking like Gus has been a loose cannon for some time, and his public protestations about budget have been pissing the board off. However, this has all been handled really badly, with both sides waving their cocks whenever possible, which is classless in the extreme, and just makes everybody and everything look really amateur.

Unfortunately, there is unquestionably more cocks-at-dawn to come until this matter finally gets resolved. Gus was never going to behave any differently because the evidence was already there. I expected better judgement from the club.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton

It seems the club have been patient with Gus for some time and have overlooked his behaviour for some time, it's allways a risk when a new manager comes in however you can't keep somebody who is becoming un manageable.

I don't for one minute believe that he did not know the club had advised that he had his contract had been terminated. He was surprised that the statement was released, maybe through nievity he thought the process was on going.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
It's looking like Gus has been a loose cannon for some time, and his public protestations about budget have been pissing the board off. However, this has all been handled really badly, with both sides waving their cocks whenever possible, which is classless in the extreme, and just makes everybody and everything look really amateur.

Unfortunately, there is unquestionably more cocks-at-dawn to come until this matter finally gets resolved. Gus was never going to behave any differently because the evidence was already there. I expected better judgement from the club.

A good point. but how do we know that the club have not been following the proper procedures and every time Gus has publicly bad mouthed the budget and the club have not pulled him on it.(Verbal, 1st Written and Final Written warnings) This is something as an employer you would not publish you have done.
This was something I always found hard with the procedure, when an employee I have had to talk to, has responded by saying "Why is Joe Blogs allowed to get away with the same thing". I could not respond by saying that Joe Blogs has been issued warning's under the disciplinary procedures.
They do seem be determined to follow the employment law procedures and even mentioned this in their statement.

Last edited:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
A good point. but how do we know that the club have not been following the proper procedures and every time Gus has publicly bad mouthed the budget and the club have not pulled him on it.(Verbal, 1st Written and Final Written warnings) This is something as an employer you would not publish you have done.
This was something I always found hard with the procedure, when an employee I have had to talk to, has responded by saying "Why is Joe Blogs allowed to get away with the same thing". I could not respond by saying that Joe Blogs has been issued warning's under the disciplinary procedures.
They do seem be determined to follow the employment law procedures and even mentioned this in their statement.

As someone else commented a few days ago, it may well be that Gus isn't an employee in that sense, but operates as a limited company, which would mean discussions of that sort would be handled in a different way.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
There are way too many brainless idiots on here. Whatever Gus did or did not do don't you think it is the job of the clubs PR department to consider every eventuality and prepare for them? Over the last two weeks it has been one PR disaster after another. Someone HAS to take the blame for this.

People spend too much time complaining about Gus and too little time analysing the actions of the club. Gus is gone and good riddance if he tries to destroy this club but JESUS everyone! Admitting the club has f****d up doesn't mean you're blaming TB!! Now of all times let's have a bit of objectivity!

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes

Yes of course it's not unreasonable to think that might have happened, I meant it had been handled badly publicly.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
There are way too many brainless idiots on here. Whatever Gus did or did not do don't you think it is the job of the clubs PR department to consider every eventuality and prepare for them? Over the last two weeks it has been one PR disaster after another. Someone HAS to take the blame for this.

People spend too much time complaining about Gus and too little time analysing the actions of the club. Gus is gone and good riddance if he tries to destroy this club but JESUS everyone! Admitting the club has f****d up doesn't mean you're blaming TB!! Now of all times let's have a bit of objectivity!

Absolutely.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
That's all you can do.

Bear in mind the last time Poyet appeared on the TV he was questioning whether the club had hit a roof.

Now he wants to speak to the players and stay after all this has happened?

I'd pick through that and deceide he is telling you what you want to hear.

Look on the bright side.... at least he know seems to have decided through all this that the club has not in fact hit a roof, otherwise why would he want to stay.

All he is doing, is all he can to drag this out. It's become personal between him and the club, and he thinks **** all of you, me, or any other Albion fan when he says he wants to stay. Do you not think he is trying to put off any "interm manager"? Anyone with half a brain would have told the BBC not to discuss it tonight. Not Poyet, he couldn't wait to talk about it. I would be amazed if his lawyers told him off at half time and told him to keep quiet. But thats not "our" Gus' style is it. Poyet is playing games with the club. You carry on worshipping him if you like.

For what its worth, questioning whether the club had hit a roof and wanting to stay next year are two perfectly compatible opinions. He wants to stay, but alsowants to improve, and to improve he knows he needs to replace Hammond and Bridge, upgrade Barnes, try and buy Upson, and try and keep Bridcutt and Buckley and Lopez, and to do all that he knows he needs a bigger budget. Which is clearly the point of all the arguments internally leading to the "outburst" after the Palace game. I presume most of us would agree with that opinion, unless I've missed the threads which say we should keep Hammond, sell Bridcutt and get a cut-price full-back in order to cut our losses.

and whether you, and others, choose to believe it or not, financially-speaking we did overachieve last season as we beat lots of teams with bigger budgets and larger expenditures than us. There will definitely be regression to the mean over the coming years unless we have more investment in the playing side. If the aim of the club is to cut expenditure, then fine, we don't need a Poyet to achieve mid-table security, let him go off to Reading or wherever. It could have and should have all been handled so much better, and stops should have been pulled out to keep him here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here