Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Disgraceful Behaviour from Gus on the BBC tonight

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Read the FIRST LINE of the statement. We arent going to inform him the exact same time the statement is posted.

How do you know he was informed and it wasn't just his lawyers who didn't pass the message across because he was on TV? Statement shouldn't have been released till after the game.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
How do you know he was informed and it wasn't just his lawyers who didn't pass the message across because he was on TV? Statement shouldn't have been released till after the game.

So the club are really going to lie to their own fans ? Gus said himself he has been in contact with his lawyers - there is certainly more to this.

And the statement timing shouldnt be decided by the ex-manager - Tony Bloom calls the shots - NOT Gus.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
So the club are really going to lie to their own fans ? Gus said himself he has been in contact with his lawyers - there is certainly more to this.

And the statement timing shouldnt be decided by the ex-manager - Tony Bloom calls the shots - NOT Gus.

The club would have released another statement if he had been informed seeing how quickly they released a statement saying the LMA were lying. This is a lot wore.

And the fact that Tony Bloom calls the shots doesn't mean it's not disgraceful to release a statement at that time does it?

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Gus had the same look my 4 year old does when the dog gets blamed for something she did.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
The club would have released another statement if he had been informed seeing how quickly they released a statement saying the LMA were lying. This is a lot wore.

And the fact that Tony Bloom calls the shots doesn't mean it's not disgraceful to release a statement at that time does it?
I generally don't think they would have done. I have no doubt the timing of this was deliberate from the club.

If he hadn't been informed I think we may have had another PR issued apologising for the fact, but the club have taken over a month over this, they are not going to mess up now, but I think the club got the reaction from Gus that they wanted.

I'm sure the lights will be on at the Amex now, and the lawyers will be going over his every word.

Yes, its got very very nasty. But it will all be forgotten in a year when we reach the promised land!! :lol:

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I generally don't think they would have done. I have no doubt the timing of this was deliberate from the club.

If he hadn't been informed I think we may have had another PR issued apologising for the fact, but the club have taken over a month over this, they are not going to mess up now, but I think the club got the reaction from Gus that they wanted.

I'm sure the lights will be on at the Amex now, and the lawyers will be going over his every word.

Yes, its got very very nasty. But it will all be forgotten in a year when we reach the promised land!! :lol:

I can't get to grips with why you think this is funny. Why do you enjoy watching our club being dragged through the mud like this, irrespective of who's at fault?

dandy

Jan 23, 2012
All this just makes the club a complete laughing stock, Palace are pissing themselves, I will be cancelling my season ticket first thing in the morning.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I can't get to grips with why you think this is funny. Why do you enjoy watching our club being dragged through the mud like this, irrespective of who's at fault?
Because I am laughing at some of the over reaction on here, and I don't think for one second the club is being dragged through the mud.

The club have just sacked their manager and the manager appears to TV to claim he found out from the BBC.... and people believe him. That's whats funny.

Brighton's name has not been dragged through the mud. People on here are majorly :flounce::flounce: and getting upset over nothing.

Brighton will go on and get what ever manager they want from those available. I don't see many on the market turning down the opportunity to be honest. I do see Poyet struggling to get another club in this country in the foreseeable future.

We haven't just sacked him, because we felt like it, otherwise it would have been done straight away. Otherwise It makes no sense to drag it out like the club have.

But to say our name has been dragged through the mud is a massive over reaction IMO.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
All this just makes the club a complete laughing stock, Palace are pissing themselves, I will be cancelling my season ticket first thing in the morning.
It won't be first thing will it. I don't think the ticket office opens until 9am. so you will have to wait until then. I'm sure the next in queue will jump at it? Is it just one your cancelling or it is a pair? I might know someone interested :flounce:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think if you look at the clip, he doesn't immediately answer the question regarding him finding out during the programme but does admit there have been communications with the various representatives. That suggests to me that he knew before going on air. I would suspect that the BBC would have asked him if he was happy to talk about it because if he wasn't they would look stupid. Obviously he is going to say he wants to come back because that would look good in terms of the appeal. And let's be honest, this isn't about him coming back this is about the compensation.

As for the statement, it does seem poorly timed but what we don't know is what communications have gone on between the two legal teams both today and over the last few weeks.

Assuming Oscar is the man coming in then I can't say I'm too disappointed. His cv is pretty good but he is of course unproven, exactly as Poyet was when TB took a chance on him. Unlike some I am not going to say we are guaranteed success but I will be optimistic.

What is certain is that this saga is set to continue for a little while longer. It may well be that at the end we may still never know all the ins and outs as no doubt any eventual agreement will include confidentiality clauses.

Last edited:

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Because I am laughing at some of the over reaction on here, and I don't think for one second the club is being dragged through the mud.

The club have just sacked their manager and the manager appears to TV to claim he found out from the BBC.... and people believe him. That's whats funny.

Brighton's name has not been dragged through the mud. People on here are majorly :flounce::flounce: and getting upset over nothing.

Brighton will go on and get what ever manager they want from those available. I don't see many on the market turning down the opportunity to be honest. I do see Poyet struggling to get another club in this country in the foreseeable future.

We haven't just sacked him, because we felt like it, otherwise it would have been done straight away. Otherwise It makes no sense to drag it out like the club have.

But to say our name has been dragged through the mud is a massive over reaction IMO.

I couldn't care less whether Gus gets another job or not, if the club have decided for whatever reason they don't want him as manager anymore, well we have to accept it and his future is no longer our business.

My point is, if the timing of the announcement was deliberate, somebody is taking a massive PR risk at best. If it wasn't and was completely innocent, then somebody has been negligent about what reaction there would be.

If they believe Gus is capable of being loose-tongued and mouthy, they would have known what was going to happen, and my point is why do that? It's running the risk of dragging our club thought the mud. But you say it's not an over-reaction it was deliberate, what's the point?

And you've kept saying that now Gus is gone we are going to go up. The club statement says that we will be hiring an interim manager pending an appeal. So I will ask you again, what part of that situation is good, or makes us better or stronger going into the new season?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
his answer to the direct question "you just found out form our production team" was evasive. what he's saying is he found out that it was announced by BBC.

wessex saint

Dec 5, 2010

Well I've got to be honest. This is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time!!
If my local amateur team behaved like this I would be incredibly embarassed... let alone a 'professional' club.
If I'm honest, I think it's a good thing for your club. Poyet is a to***r of the highest calibre, and I'm sure you'll find a better manager in the long run.
And before you all get feisty, can I just say that (like most Saints fans) I have little soft spot for Brighton. You're like a little kid brother who you like to tease but hope that one day you might eventually grow up to be as good as us.
Good luck for your future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here