Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Discipline under Poyet.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Where have I defended him? I'm pointing out your hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy? For responding to a post from the Poyet Fan Club secretary? If not for his predictable Poyet worshiping I wouldn't have joined the conversation. No hypocrisy from me.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
"He could have chopped his head off".

Gus quoting directly from the Alex Ferguson book of exaggerated bollocks.

I actually thought he could have it was a horrible clash! Not to say that the two who were sent off shouldn't have gone....the ref was dead right. The hull guy should also have gone too.

Gus and the management team certainly have their work cut out.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hypocrisy? For responding to a post from the Poyet Fan Club secretary? If not for his predictable Poyet worshiping I wouldn't have joined the conversation. No hypocrisy from me.

Once you let it go, and ignore the positive posts, they'll disappear, but you can't resist it in the same way that they can't.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Once you let it go, and ignore the positive posts, they'll disappear, but you can't resist it in the same way that they can't.

But you happen to be one of "they". Can't you see the irony?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I missed this, did Gus mention that he wants to be managing in the Champions League?

No but he talked complete bollocks about McShane's collision with the Sunderland keeper.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Dossena's "tackle" was utterly disgusting, no excuse whatsoever for it and he deserves longer than a 3 match ban for intentionally trying to finish someone else's career.

Cattermole's - nowadays it's probably a red, excessive force and studs up, can't complain and to be fair he didn't, he knew it was a red tackle.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Bardsley's "tackle" was utterly disgusting, no excuse whatsoever for it and he deserves longer than a 3 match ban for intentionally trying to finish .

Dossena?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Why have you replaced Dossena with Bardsley in my OP?

:cool:

The fact that you are showing an "edit" on your original post and that Bardsley doesn't have beard is a give away :wink:

If I remember rightly, Poyet spoke at a Seagulls Over London meeting about a clique of players during his time at Chelsea who visibly refused to work constructively with a manager they didn't respect - and how this became a big issue for the football club. My guess is that he fully understands the dynamics of how this happens and will be very keen to pick up early signs of similar waves at Sunderland.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Not so, as stated above. But Poyet and Bridge have a close relationship - so much so that Bridge chose to phone up Poyet for last minute advice about whether the offer from Reading was one that he should accept.

As in "should I wait to see where you end up Gus?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here