Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dieppe border patrol

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
But you're forgetting that the UK is special as it invented the hovercraft and Marmite.

I prefer Vegemite. One of the only things good about Australia. I am not alone with my preference. Huge numbers of immigrants try to get into Australia for this yeast extract. The white ones, mainly Northerners, are allowed in but Indonesian, Fillipino and other non white ASEAN immigrants are put in Detention Centres on off shore Islands such as Christmas Island. In 2013 Operation Sovereign Border was introduced that anyone arriving in God's lucky by boat would never get a Visa even if entitled to one.

Thankfully Basherlsd is unable to use the Channel Islands for such purpose.

I don't get the moral of not waiting in the ferry terminal either.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I prefer Vegemite. One of the only things good about Australia. I am not alone with my preference. Huge numbers of immigrants try to get into Australia for this yeast extract. The white ones, mainly Northerners, are allowed in but Indonesian, Fillipino and other non white ASEAN immigrants are put in Detention Centres on off shore Islands such as Christmas Island. In 2013 Operation Sovereign Border was introduced that anyone arriving in God's lucky by boat would never get a Visa even if entitled to one.

Thankfully Basherlsd is unable to use the Channel Islands for such purpose.

I don't get the moral of not waiting in the ferry terminal either.

Nooo, Vegemite is yeast extract based spread of the devil incarnate.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As someone with extensive and first-hand experience of immigration law in the UK, the process for obtaining full benefits and a passport (different to permanent leave to remain) is constantly evolving and becoming more difficult to achieve, even for legal immigrants.

Please don't let facts get in the way of a cool story.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The problem with these people it is that they are trying to get to the UK in order to claim political asylum. This is illegal as because to make a legitimate claim, it should be made in the first "safe" country they arrive in.

By choosing to claim in the UK they must have travelled through at least one other safe country prior to arriving in France.

You might want to take a look at the net migration figures for other nations, especially Italy, before making such statements.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Actually I was OK until I saw that. I had a good holiday, but that was just a reminder of the uphill struggle immigration is both legal and illegal.

Out of interest, what's your considered opinion on the NIESR report on migration that was published today?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
You might want to take a look at the net migration figures for other nations, especially Italy, before making such statements.
Yeah, but Italy sticks out towards Africa, so it will always be a good first entry point. For the migrants trying to get to Britain through the Channel ports though it does beg the question though of why do they want to come to the UK? Why not stay in France?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Actually I was OK until I saw that. I had a good holiday, but that was just a reminder of the uphill struggle immigration is both legal and illegal.

Just a thought, do you consider any of the following historic immigrations to be legal?

Paleolithic (700,000bc)
Mesolithic (14000bc)
Neolithic (4000bc)
Roman (c1)
Jute (c5)
Angle (c5)
Saxon (c5)
Scots (c5)
Irish (continuous)
Viking (c8)
Norman (c11)
Romani (c16)
Huguenot (c17)
Indian (c17)
African (c18)
Indian (c19)
German (c19)
Russian Jewish (c19)

The problem with these people it is that they are trying to get to the UK in order to claim political asylum. This is illegal as because to make a legitimate claim, it should be made in the first "safe" country they arrive in.

By choosing to claim in the UK they must have travelled through at least one other safe country prior to arriving in France.

Wrong.
The poster was talking about Albanians. Albanians come as economic migrants not seeking political asylum.
When people start talking about immigration using facts and not ill-informed opinion then maybe we can, as a society have a proper discussion about immigration.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Wrong.
The poster was talking about Albanians. Albanians come as economic migrants not seeking political asylum.
When people start talking about immigration using facts and not ill-informed opinion then maybe we can, as a society have a proper discussion about immigration.
Actually I think we're nearly there. Time was that anybody who opened their mouths to say anything other than that immigration was a 100% unalloyed 'good thing' to be encouraged in all circumstances would be persecuted for being a racist. I think we've certainly moved on from that point although I accept that there is still a lot of ignorance - on both sides. But at least we're talking about it.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Don't think anymore countries should join the EU until the wages of these poorer countries start reaching an acceptable level so people don't leave.
When there is such a difference in what people can earn, including the benefits on offer people can get here, and when we are so useless at getting rid of people who shouldn't be here in the first place, they are going to try their luck. Your right it's not going to get any better.

Bash - when did Albania join the EU ?

The EU has thus far been very keen on investing huge amounts of money into countries joining the union. The basic economic principle is that if people have more money in their pockets then they can spend more money buying goods from elsewhere in the EU.

Why weren't you on your bike ?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Actually I think we're nearly there. Time was that anybody who opened their mouths to say anything other than that immigration was a 100% unalloyed 'good thing' to be encouraged in all circumstances would be persecuted for being a racist. I think we've certainly moved on from that point although I accept that there is still a lot of ignorance - on both sides. But at least we're talking about it.

"As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding. Like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood". That tragic and intractable phenomenon which we watch with horror on the other side of the Atlantic but which there is interwoven with the history and existence of the States itself, is coming upon us here by our own volition and our own neglect. Indeed, it has all but come. In numerical terms, it will be of American proportions long before the end of the century. Only resolute and urgent action will avert it even now. Whether there will be the public will to demand and obtain that action, I do not know. All I know is that to see, and not to speak, would be the great betrayal" Enoch Powell 1968

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yeah, but Italy sticks out towards Africa, so it will always be a good first entry point. For the migrants trying to get to Britain through the Channel ports though it does beg the question though of why do they want to come to the UK? Why not stay in France?

I do not know why some choose the UK and others choose say Germany or France. Why does anyone chose a country over another? I can guess why some Brits chose to live in sunny part of Europe but beyond this I have no overall idea. And I presume you do not either.

But my point is that immigration is not unique to the UK which seemingly many people think it is. They have this idea that the UK is so wonderful every immigrant wants to get there. This is simply not the case as the huge net migration figures to France, Germany and Italy demonstrate.

D

Deleted member 22389

Bash - when did Albania join the EU ?

The EU has thus far been very keen on investing huge amounts of money into countries joining the union. The basic economic principle is that if people have more money in their pockets then they can spend more money buying goods from elsewhere in the EU.

Why weren't you on your bike ?

Albania are not members of the EU yet, but please correct me if I am wrong. The only way for people to enter the UK would be in the back of a lorry, or come on holiday to the UK and get lost or go through the proper channels.

Once Albania join the EU then of course there is nothing to stop people coming here, but once again we will face the situation of everyone leaving since the wages are ten times less than they are here.

D

Deleted member 22389

People coming from Africa, the Italian island of Lampadusa is the first call, because as you know once they arrive here they are then in European Territory. If people don't want to go back there is absolutely nothing the authorities can do about it, and I do beleive the Italians authorities just move them on to mainland Italy and from that point they all dissapear. This is why we have 1000 people in Calais, nobody knows how many more will come or in fact how many people are in the EU Zone, I can bet you it's millions. That is the failure of the EU of not getting hold of the situation.

As for the UK, people just don't add the figures of migration both legal and illegal to the UK. It's a lot more than they tell us. I reckon we are seeing 300+ people arrive here every year. I'm talking about legal migration from the EU, legal migration from outside the EU and illegal immigration.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here