Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you watch a game

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
East Terrace South - CHECK
East Terrace Centre - CHECK
East Terrace North (saw my first game and spent several seasons there) - CHECK
North Terrace East (usual away corner) - CHECK (one game against Bournemouth in the FA Cup in late 80s when home fans were allocated the corner section for some reason)
North Stand - CHECK (3 seasons)
West Terrace North - CHECK (3 seasons)
West Stand Extension (Lego Stand) - CHECK (one match only)
West Stand Seats - CHECK (one match only)
West Terrace South - CHECK (one match only)

All bar the South Stand (regret that I didn't, although I do have a blue plastic seat from that stand as some form of memory and a wooden seat from the main West Stand)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Crawley? i was in the North that day-but why was pompey given the north-a disgrace

Pompey turned up early. It was police policy to put both sets of fans in the North that season. (First season under Sayward in the division we are in now). They were a wild bunch and the North stand boys were in the east and North West.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
East Terrace South - CHECK
East Terrace Centre - CHECK
East Terrace North (saw my first game and spent several seasons there) - CHECK
North Terrace East (usual away corner) - CHECK (one game against Bournemouth in the FA Cup in late 80s when home fans were allocated the corner section for some reason)
North Stand - CHECK (3 seasons)
West Terrace North - CHECK (3 seasons)
West Stand Extension (Lego Stand) - CHECK (one match only)
West Stand Seats - CHECK (one match only)
West Terrace South - CHECK (one match only)

All bar the South Stand (regret that I didn't, although I do have a blue plastic seat from that stand as some form of memory and a wooden seat from the main West Stand)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Pompey turned up early. It was police policy to put both sets of fans in the North that season. (First season under Sayward in the division we are in now). They were a wild bunch and the North stand boys were in the east and North West.

So it has happened before 1984 i thought that was the only time Pompey had the North

West Stand lower terrace around half way between the SW corner and the tunnel was where I started watching. Sat once in the South Stand for a Boxing Day Derby v Pompey, Alan Biley was still playing for them and Curbishley scored a penalty to make it a 1-1 draw. Latterly and on fine days the East Terrace at the top was best view in the ground apart from the low sun in your eyes, during the last days of the Goldstone it was generally a the back of the North Stand. Never sat in the "Lego" stand and West Stand seated part.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
So it has happened before 1984 i thought that was the only time Pompey had the North

23.04.73. 1-1 draw (I Looked it up). Remember sharing with Bristol City and Cardiff in the North that season as well. Think it was the same for Millwall and QPR as well.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
did we win that 5-4? and did Chris Eubank make a pitch side appearance -thanks as my memory is not telling me

We did win that 5-4 and I was there when Eubank did a pitch side appearance after beating Nigel Benn but can't remember if it was the same game. I thought it was against Millwall when Eubank turned up. I remember the fans singing There's Only One Chrissy Eubank and I thought we got an equally aggressive response of There's only One Nigel Benn.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
We did win that 5-4 and I was there when Eubank did a pitch side appearance after beating Nigel Benn but can't remember if it was the same game. I thought it was against Millwall when Eubank turned up. I remember the fans singing There's Only One Chrissy Eubank and I thought we got an equally aggressive response of There's only One Nigel Benn.

They were the days,good team and Saturday we even had our own champion boxer too-

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Didnt do lego as i started watching the albion in 88 so it was gone by then and also NE corner was shut so didnt get to see a game there either. Did everywhere else tho.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
They were the days,good team and Saturday we even had our own champion boxer too-

Absolutely. The last time we had a team as good as now and every trip to the Amex now reminds me of that time when we were last that good. Every time we've lost this season at the Amex i've said to myself it could be worse. And i've thought of the likes of Byrne, Small, Codner, Nelson and Bremner. Those were my formative years. 1987-1991.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It's a shame Mr Tight didn't see fit to ensure the stadium could hold more people for the final game. [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] will tell us where the cup final money went.

I went to every stand/section, but the east. I watched the final game from a garden above the east. A ****ing tout offered me a ticket for £90, which I could not afford.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
With the exception of the horrible ugly 'lego stand', yes.

Started off East Terrace (north), then 'graduated' to the North Stand... Also went in East Terrace centre and south for various games, the South Stand once, the West terrace once, the West Stand seats twice - once as a 'guest' of a Sheffiled United footballer who my friend's dad was a pal of, and also for the second half of the boycotted Mansfield match, after the storming of the East Terrace and the march across the pitch to 'take' the directors' box (the day anarchy well and truly came to the Goldstone...)

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Absolutely. The last time we had a team as good as now and every trip to the Amex now reminds me of that time when we were last that good. Every time we've lost this season at the Amex i've said to myself it could be worse. And i've thought of the likes of Byrne, Small, Codner, Nelson and Bremner. Those were my formative years. 1987-1991.
And mine too. Those were our 'Mullery' years I guess.

Nelson-Bremner-Small-Byrne hero's all.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
r
And mine too. Those were our 'Mullery' years I guess.

Nelson-Bremner-Small-Byrne hero's all.

I'll never forget the season we got promoted to what is now the championship with Sunderland. Eight games to go and Barry lloyd said we'd win all of them. Everyone laughed. The first was against league leaders Notts County away. We beat them 2-1. Adrian Owers anyone? We then won the next five, drew 2-2 with Chester and beat Bristol Rovers 2-1 on the final day. Barry Lloyd is much maligned. He lost his way after the play-off final but without his nous in the foreign football market we'd have never seen Byrne or Small or got that close to the top flight then. They were great days.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Yep. I did all 4. Started off on the shelf half way up the East terrace as a 13 year old. Sat in the front row of the south for the spurs game (all hail the tank). Then graduated to the North. And had just a couple of games in the terrace on lower west. But never sat in the meccano stand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here