Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you watch a game

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
In every stand at the Goldstone?

I was always a North Stander first and foremost (left side Brighton boys-near the Eastbourner's la la la crowd) but did my fair share on the South West terrace-

Did the East terrace and West stand and even the North west terrace,
But only ever recall watching a game from the South stand once-

mind you in the late 1970's i would have been a regular by what i have heard of the place.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Oh yes the Lego stand-was that a noisy stand?

Yup. Started off in the chicken run, down the front cos I was only 13. I graduated a bit further back each year till I started to switch ends at half time depending on which way we were kicking. Then the south stand while it was a proper stand, none of these new fangled seat thingummies.

Then I bought a season ticket in the West stand, then the lego for a year ending up for Fans United in theNorth.

So pretty much everywhere in a clockwise direction.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Never went in the Lego stand, and never went in the South Stand, did all the rest, including the away corner (NE)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Never went in the Lego stand, and never went in the South Stand, did all the rest, including the away corner (NE)

The only time i set foot on the NE corner was the Doncaster game,i chose that way to leave the ground from the South West that day to take a decent once last glance at the old girl...

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
I had a season ticket in the south Stand seats with my dad in the mid seventies, then i had 1 season on the south terrace, before moving to the North stand. I did see a few games from the West stand seats and terrace, and a couple of games on the East terrace, but never enjoyed it as much as being in the North Stand.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
We're the left side, we're the left side, we're the left side of the north. That was me. First couple of games in the family bit as a seven year old, but once i was loose i was north.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Having said that, I did stray back into the west for a couple of games. The one where Marco Gabbiadini turned us over and the pre-season friendly classic against Steau Bucharest.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Never did the lego stand. Did all of the rest.

North West only twice. Pompey in the early 70s, as a youngster. Our friends from down the road had the North and Crawley in the cup (5-0).

Graduated to different stands as I grew older. East > North > South, again only for a few > South West. Sat in main stand a couple of times an the South as well. Not often though.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Having said that, I did stray back into the west for a couple of games. The one where Marco Gabbiadini turned us over and the pre-season friendly classic against Steau Bucharest.

did we win that 5-4? and did Chris Eubank make a pitch side appearance -thanks as my memory is not telling me

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Yes all
South lower standing
South upper wooden benches (70's until fire )
East stand (chicken run ) south end by corner flag(mid 70s) , halfway line(late 70s) , north end face to face with away fans ( when I thought I was hard( mid 80s )
North stand (when I was old enough to go without my dad )Centre
North stand ( right in the centre of all the singers early 80s ) some mad bastards in that lot was standing near the dick that threw a metal object that hit Michael Robinson in the head
West stand Lego stand (v Everton midweek game lost 0-3 I think bob latchford scored a few
West stand main (v orient when it all kicked off with ray Wilkins 4-4 )
Thats about it I think
Oh I forgot in the 90s me and my mates used to stand behind the away dugout in the west and give the whole entourage loads of stick

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Never did the lego stand. Did all of the rest.

North West only twice. Pompey in the early 70s, as a youngster. Our friends from down the road had the North and Crawley in the cup (5-0).

Graduated to different stands as I grew older. East > North > South, again only for a few > South West. Sat in main stand a couple of times an the South as well. Not often though.

Crawley? i was in the North that day-but why was pompey given the north-a disgrace

didn't do the lego stand, but have done all the others, Anyone aged about 40-50 remember the first game of the 1980 season, the U16's wernt allowed in the North Stand unless they paid fulll price, the only concessions were in the soth end of the east stand, we made a right noise in there but kept getting told off by the OB everytime we sung things such as "you're gonna get your fuckin 'ead kicked in!"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here