Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you think we were going to throw that lead away?

Did you think we were going to throw away the lead?

• Yes, I was sure we'd stuff it up again.

Votes: 92 80.0%
  • No, I was confident we'd hold out.

Votes: 23 20.0%

• Total voters

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Derby only had two shots on target throughout the whole game. It got a bit tense but I was confident that we could hold out.

This.

Couldn't see a poor (offensively) Derby team scoring twice, and there always the chance of an albion 3rd with a sucker punch.

I also felt we upped the ante and ran the clock down well in stoppage time. Lessons learnt from the lucky Bolton ending.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
After scoring twice in 25 mins thought we would have a comfortable match,Derby did not trouble our goal in the first half and expected we would have a fresh forward on in the second half,however bringing on Dicker and Crofts Derby pushed more players forward and could well have scored more than one goal so we ended up with another nervy ending.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Loved this. It proper f***ed the useless Lino up too! He was visably confused! be great if anyone has any YouTube footage of it?

BAgizq7CEAADWtQ.jpg

[tweet]290520447051763712[/tweet]

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
After scoring twice in 25 mins thought we would have a comfortable match,Derby did not trouble our goal in the first half and expected we would have a fresh forward on in the second half,however bringing on Dicker and Crofts Derby pushed more players forward and could well have scored more than one goal so we ended up with another nervy ending.

This is the point that I was making about Gus and his substitutions he invites pressure with the substitutions that he makes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This is the point that I was making about Gus and his substitutions he invites pressure with the substitutions that he makes.

Nothing to do with players coming back after injury (Buckley) or Barnes being totally shattered from leading the line then?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nothing to do with players coming back after injury (Buckley) or Barnes being totally shattered from leading the line then?

Isnt that the point of having a squad so that tired/under performing players can be replaced with out having a negative affect on the team in general. Why would Barnes have been shattered is he not fit for 90 mins. The biggest disappointment has been the poor form of Crofts. Lua Lua was a obvious like for like replacement for Buckley but Dicker for Orlandi totally different players but instead of Dicker filling in and giving them less room in midfield he wandered all over the pitch and allowed their midfield to do what they wanted was that on Gus instructions.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Isnt that the point of having a squad so that tired/under performing players can be replaced with out having a negative affect on the team in general. Why would Barnes have been shattered is he not fit for 90 mins. The biggest disappointment has been the poor form of Crofts. Lua Lua was a obvious like for like replacement for Buckley but Dicker for Orlandi totally different players but instead of Dicker filling in and giving them less room in midfield he wandered all over the pitch and allowed their midfield to do what they wanted was that on Gus instructions.

I think your predjudice against Dicker is showing as I didn't see him wandering all over the pitch. I thought the substitutions were about right. Derby got a free kick which resulted in a goal which then gave them some impetus to attack. As I said previously, they had only had two shots on target throughout the whole game which shows how well we had defended.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My prejudice against Dicker? I think that he is an excellent defensive midfielder and should have sat on Jacobs and stemmed their flow. Instead of taking off Lopez and replacing him with the ineffectual Crofts I would have put Hoskins on in place of Barnes, who for whatever reason was knackered and told Hoskins to hold the ball in their half instead of giving it to their keeper to keep launching it forward.

You say they had 2 shots what about the back header from El Abd that TK had to catch on the line although he was in the net himself.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Oh yes, and then go on and win it..... Vivid imagination!

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Had a few kittens in the last 10 minutes but generally felt they didn't have enough threat to make the pressure count.

Point was, we should have been out of sight by the hour mark. I love Orlandi, and he's scoring some cracking goals for us now, but boy has he missed some sitters too. Can't believe how that double chance didn't go in. If we'd gone 3-0 up early on in the second half, I think we could have pushed on and scored four or five.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here