Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you think we were going to throw that lead away?

Did you think we were going to throw away the lead?

• Yes, I was sure we'd stuff it up again.

Votes: 92 80.0%
  • No, I was confident we'd hold out.

Votes: 23 20.0%

• Total voters

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
Neither, I hoped we'd hold on but was fearful of a Bolton style ending. Bit of both really, didn't think either, just hoping for one and not the other.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It felt inevitable to me, very relieved when the ref blew up after about 6 mins of added time

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
There seemed to be a degree of inevitability about the last 10 or 15 minutes.

Interesting game. As good as we were for 55 minutes, we were that poor for the remainder. Perhaps not one of Gus's most rallying half-time team talks, who knows? Fell back in to sitting too deep.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I thought we would blow it, we just sat back and the inevitable happened but we held on so great result.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Sat to deep, our clearances seemed tame, we gave ball away to easy, some times it's ok to go to row z when your under it. but very happy with win.

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
The potential did certainly cross my mind bearing in mind the Bolton game

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Derby only had two shots on target throughout the whole game. It got a bit tense but I was confident that we could hold out.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Yes I and all around thought it was going to happen but we held out for 3 lovely points. Did the ref think Fergie was the derby manager? Thought he was never going to blow the whistle.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
I timed the added time at 8 mins 45 seconds.

No chance. 4 minutes were shown when it was 16.50 on the clock (I always check the time when stoppage time is shown for some reason) and the whistle went at 16.55...oh dear this sounds really pedantic and silly...it's not meant to...I'm going.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No chance. 4 minutes were shown when it was 16.50 on the clock (I always check the time when stoppage time is shown for some reason) and the whistle went at 16.55...oh dear this sounds really pedantic and silly...it's not meant to...I'm going.

I do too. We had 5.5 minutes added on.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Yep, I had kittens about the linesman. And I don't think we should have taken the risk by all pushing up. Otherwise Derby could have played another 90 minutes without having a shot from open play and it would be left to el Abd to test the Albion keeper for two games on the trot.

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
Thought that they would almost certainly nick an equaliser. We had no outlet and the ball kept getting goofed back into out box. Clever way to get then offside at the end with everyone rubbing out and it must have taken some balls to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here