Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Did YOU mute your celebration of the first goal?

Did you think VAR would rob us of the first goal and thus not celebrate "properly"?

• Yes

Votes: 179 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 17 8.7%

• Total voters

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Must admit my celebration of the first goal was very muted indeed as were many around me, convinced that VAR would chalk it off for offside. In fact I may have told my son not to bother counting it.

Felt like many in the ground thought the same thing. Did you?
Yes. For the simple reason that I sit in WSU more-or-less in-line with the six yard box. It seemed obvious that our player was offside. Most around us agreed and were muted. It transpired that, indeed, our player was offside (Estupinan) but not the one that put it in the net.

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
I watched it on TV, so saw the still shot before the lines went on. It was clearly onside with the naked eye so the time it took to determine that Undav was onside was surprising and a little worrying. In took about two minutes to make the decision and the longer it took I was convinced another VAR cock up was coming.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
absolutely, I'm in front of the west goal and thought it was offside, thank f*** for VAR proving me wrong!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
i guess the debate is whether player on the back post was interfering i.e. drawing the defender away from Undav but ridiculous that it took so long as surely that is subjective rather than measured.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I looked straight at the link when it hit the back of the net and he did a weird finger in the ear gesture which I inferred as him leaving his flag down so it could be reviewed by VAR. this is what I think they are told to do on tight calls.

Dun Lurkin

Feb 20, 2023
Like others I was convinced it was offside. However it all happened so quickly that what my eyes told me was proved incorrect when I saw the replay. The presence of Estupinan must have confused me.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Watching on TV “live”, I didn’t celebrate based on Undav’s reaction - he didn’t know either way, which made me think he might be offside.

I jumped up and went batshit for Groß’s second though, spilling my drink in the process…

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yep. Weirdest celebration of an Albion goal I've ever seen. These days I just assume every goal is going to be ruled out for SOMETHING!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
It was a bit muted round our way, not because of VAR but because of the tippy tappy nature and not the best sight line.

We made up for it with Pascal's first, as it was a fukken peach into the top of the net.

Pascal's second goal celebration was not quite so mental because of the fukken brilliance of his skill.

Danny's goals were a bit shocking to put us 4 and then 5 up.

The final goal looked like it had bounced out - again our POV initially.

6 goals and 6 different reactions.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Just watching Ronald's video and VAR was looking at that goal for TWO AND A HALF MINUTES! I thought it was there to clear up anything that was 'clear and obvious', FFS.

Never mind the most dislikable player or manager, the VAR setup has got to to be the most dislikable THING in football right now.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Must admit my celebration of the first goal was very muted indeed as were many around me, convinced that VAR would chalk it off for offside. In fact I may have told my son not to bother counting it.

Felt like many in the ground thought the same thing. Did you?

Pretty much. Took a ridiculously long time to sort out, which dampened any potential celebration for me.

Thankfully, we had plenty more to cheer so I'd largely forgotten about it to be honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here