Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Did YOU mute your celebration of the first goal?

Did you think VAR would rob us of the first goal and thus not celebrate "properly"?

• Yes

Votes: 179 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 17 8.7%

• Total voters

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No VAR review = spontaneous continued celebration?

Am I being whooshed? 😃
But he didn’t know about VAR until a bit after, he looked over to the linesman as he thought he was off I think

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
We were in line with it and it looked off, so much so that everyone around me said the same. We were convinced it would be chalked off.
Seeing it on motd, it wasn't even close to being offside so I'm not sure why the incompetent thickos took so long.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Thought it was offside from my viewing angle so didn’t even get out of my seat.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes. It was obviously going to be close - Undav's reaction told us that much - so I held myself back.

The VAR review took so long that by the time they'd decided it was a valid goal, I was kinda over the whole thing.

Thankfully, and not many may have picked up on this, we scored FIVE MORE GOALS, and I was able to go batshit crazy over each of those.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I didn’t celebrate at all - I was convinced he was off and VAR would rule it out. I haven’t seen a replay of the goal - was it the right decision or did they they take pity on us and give this one the benefit of the doubt ?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
But he didn’t know about VAR until a bit after, he looked over to the linesman as he thought he was off I think
But we all did though, that’s my point, it’s sucking the enjoyment out of football for the fans.

It was clearly going to be reviewed…

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes - I also muted my celebrations when @Bold Seagull tracked me down during halftime.

But he got to see my phenomenal hair so at least one customer left the AMEX happy yesterday.
Haircuts like that win matches.

Stat Jnr just didn’t seem to get the idea of not getting carried away 2nd half though - few more years will learn him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Haircuts like that win matches.

Stat Jnr just didn’t seem to get the idea of not getting carried away 2nd half though - few more years will learn him.
The poor child hasn't got a clue!

Of course they win matches, despite being a couple of mm's too long, my pelt is just hanging onto it effortlessly phenomenal aura.

(Imagine what those who think this is some kind of double bluff are missing out on)

luge

Dec 18, 2010
Yes. It was right in line with me and we were all convinced he was actually offside. As did Deniz. Yet on the tele, he was clearly on. What do we know, hey.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Nope. Shouted and punched the air etc as always.

Don't care if I look like a bellend when it then gets disallowed. Most nearby probably assume the guy in front was blocking my view.

And at least I get a buzz before the eventual disappointment. I really do hate VAR.

Thankfully for a change I got to celebrate this one twice :clap: :clap:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No. Full blown celebrations.

Because ... the Wolves players humbly accepted it, with no arguments from what we could see 100 yards away etc. Just felt like a goal.

It was surprise when the long delay indicated that a tw@t in an office was playing with his silly lines.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Yes but to be honest, it was because I saw Undav looking across and not celebrating or looking sure, so I thought it must be offside as often the players know.
This.

I started celebrating but as the players seemed so muted I was convinced the Lino has raised his flag already.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I didn't celebrate. I heartily sang f*** VAR for the interminable wait that followed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here