Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did we play as badly under Poyet as we did against Ipswich

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I know I will be subjected to the normal "this aint a Palace thread so f**k off" sort of thing, But......

You had a bad game, even a terrible game by all reports. But he is a new manager for you and may have been trying something that did not work. Either way it is one game ffs, talk about defeatist. If I had jumped in saying how shite you were, all of you would have told me exactly what I have said above.

Thank you ! Common sense prevails and well said. (Now you know exactly what you can do!)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Was there not a time 2 seasons ago when we went about 9 games without a shot on target?
Or was it all a dream?

I love Oscar, for what its worth....

Not last season. Not the season before last. The season before that I didn't keep track, but we coasted to the title, so I suspect not that year.

Jimmy Grimble

Not last season. Not the season before last. The season before that I didn't keep track, but we coasted to the title, so I suspect not that year.

How do the player ratings from Saturday stand up against other games?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I know I will be subjected to the normal "this aint a Palace thread so f**k off" sort of thing, But......

You had a bad game, even a terrible game by all reports. But he is a new manager for you and may have been trying something that did not work. Either way it is one game ffs, talk about defeatist. If I had jumped in saying how shite you were, all of you would have told me exactly what I have said above.

Oh dear, a post by a Palace supporter that makes the OP look like a silly little boy.

I totally agree.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Oh dear, a post by a Palace supporter that makes the OP look like a silly little boy.

I totally agree.

Why, you numpty? I simply asked the question did we play as badly under Poyet in the Championship? I honestly can't remember many occasions when we did. And judging by the player ratings, nor can many others.

Doesn't mean I think 'we are sh*t'.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How do the player ratings from Saturday stand up against other games?

I only got two complete sets of ratings, so probably not a lot to be read into them. But for what little it's worth, they are the lowest since I started recording them. A squad average of 3.25

Last season's (12/13) lowest rating was 4.51 away to Sheffield Wednesday.
2011/12 lowest rating was 3.75 away to West Ham (away to watford was 3.88)
2010/11 lowest rating was away to MK Dons 4.69 (I didn't record cup games that season)

I didn't record prior to that.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

You are not our "mate" fella so stop trying to be all pally. I expect its too depressing and poorly spelt on the BBS at the moment so you hang around on here like a bad smell or, having beaten us in the playoffs, you feel in some way superior to us. Either way, your opinion doesn't count for shit and your username is offensive and childish.

Go. Away. Palace. Scum.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I only got two complete sets of ratings, so probably not a lot to be read into them. But for what little it's worth, they are the lowest since I started recording them. A squad average of 3.25

2010/11 lowest rating was away to MK Dons 4.69 (I didn't record cup games that season)

Adding the argus ratings for ipswich bumps it up to 4.06

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

There have been lower player averages. The lowest v Ipswich was for Conway, 2.33

2012/13
Dunk 1.00 v Palace (got sent off)
Barnes 1.43 v Wednesday (got sent off)
El Abd 2.00 v Barnsley (conceded penalty)

2011/12
None lower than 2.33

2010/11
None lower than 2.33

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Was there not a time 2 seasons ago when we went about 9 games without a shot on target?
Or was it all a dream?

I love Oscar, for what its worth....

I've looked back at the results for the last 4 years. Even under Slade, when we lost or drew 6 games in a row, we scored 3 goals, so it's all a dream.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here