Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did we play as badly under Poyet as we did against Ipswich

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I don't remember being so pissed off as I was coming away from Bristol or West Ham. No effort at all at Bristol.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am struggling to think of a game under Poyet when everybody had a shit game, in fact I'm struggling to remember when I saw the whole team have a bad game, even going back to Gillingham. OK we were shit then but somebody always played to their ability in one of those games. Oscar may have got the tactics wrong but hard to blame him for a whole team of underperforming players, especially after the spirit shown last week to come back against Bolton.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Bristol city away last year...although we got a draw i do remember peeps saying we were crap...Blackpool away last 2 seasons if memory serves me right...i think if u gave it some though you could come up with more...short memories and all that

Blackpool away was dire last season. Enjoyed the Pleasure Beach in the morning though :)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We completely played them off the park in the first half. Their first goal was virtually the first kick they'd had! Poor defending let us down in the end, but there was no doubt who was by far the superior team. Was more thinking about games when we were outclassed (I'd forgotten the 6-1 at West Ham!)

you are being generous it was 6/0 lol

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
At least we have actually won a game after going behind.
P.S.Can't we just forget wretched Poyet and concentrate on the here and now?

Coventry away, new years eve 2011 - Abject (possibly the worst performance I have seen for a long long time given the players we had at out disposal). Liverpool FA Cup - Disaster. Leicester away 2011 - Abject. West Ham Away 2012 - calamitous.

So, yes. There have been numerous poor displays under Poyet. So What? What has this got to do with Oscar? Every team has a bad day at the office, simple. We've lost 3, so what? So have Man U? So What? Next game, new game, different opposition. Simple.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
... in the last two seasons in the Championship? I can only think of the 3-0 Palace away, but then we played virtually the entire match with ten men and only one central defender. Can't think of any other performance, at least in the league (there was the awful game at Swindon in the league cup of course)...

Been a big fan of Oscar up till now, but that was worrying.

I don't get to many away games but of the home matches...

All but two out of 6 games against palace we were dire.

Leicester and Watford last year at home

Woking and FC united of Manchester we were crap and scraped penalty wins

Barnsley and Bristol City away

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I am struggling to think of a game under Poyet when everybody had a shit game, in fact I'm struggling to remember when I saw the whole team have a bad game, even going back to Gillingham. OK we were shit then but somebody always played to their ability in one of those games. Oscar may have got the tactics wrong but hard to blame him for a whole team of underperforming players, especially after the spirit shown last week to come back against Bolton.

That was the concern I had coming away from Ipswich. It is very rare for a whole team to underperform. Even TK was all over the place, shanking kicks into the crowd and arguing with everyone around him.
If a team plays well it normally means 7-8-9 players have played to potential. That is enough to win a game. On Saturday, if 4 players had shown any form we would have been in the game.
Tomorrow will show whether it was a one-off and Saturday v Forest will need a massive improvement.

Jimmy Grimble

Coventry away, new years eve 2011 - Abject (possibly the worst performance I have seen for a long long time given the players we had at out disposal). Liverpool FA Cup - Disaster. Leicester away 2011 - Abject. West Ham Away 2012 - calamitous.

So, yes. There have been numerous poor displays under Poyet. So What? What has this got to do with Oscar? Every team has a bad day at the office, simple. We've lost 3, so what? So have Man U? So What? Next game, new game, different opposition. Simple.

This.

People have clearly rid the West Ham game from their memories, as we were Non-League that day

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
You played absolutely awful at Reading last season and Coventry away on new years eve. The worst football I've ever witnessed under poyet.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
3-0 away to Palace last season, Play-Off home game last season, 6-0 vs West Ham, Coventry away in 2011, Watford at home last season, Bristol away last season, Blackpool away the last 2 seasons - need I go on ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here