Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did we play as badly under Poyet as we did against Ipswich

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Wrexham away in the cup, we were pig awful and very lucky to win, their 37 year old player-manager Andy Morrell scored against us. Great goal though and Wexham made us look non league.

It was such a bad game I was disapponted to have taken the Liverpool match away from them which we then went on to lose 6-1.

Jimmy Grimble

Was the first one that came into my mind but I was only listening to it on the radio so I could be wrong.

You're not wrong, trust me! 6-0 :lolol: It was one you just had to laugh at, and still do now!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Thankfully I never saw

Bristol city away
West Ham away
Watford away

in recent seasons but these are reported as horror shows.

Just add Ipswich away to the list, and hope there arn't too many more.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wrexham away in the cup, we were pig awful and very lucky to win, their 37 year old player-manager Andy Morrell scored against us. Great goal though and Wexham made us look non league.

It was such a bad game I was disapponted to have taken the Liverpool match away from them which we then went on to lose 6-1.

We didn't take the Liverpool game away from them. The next draw was Newcastle, who we beat, and then went on to face Liverpool in the 5th round.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Ipswich away a couple of years back .. apart from a flash of brilliance by Vicente we looked very average.

West Ham was dire, though if I remember right it was at the point where we'd given up on promotion, and Poyet was using the match to experiment a bit.

Wrexham - we did the best we could given that most players were injured or suspended.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Can somebody explain the point of this thread or shall I start a did we play as badly under Slade as we did against Ipswich - some people really need to get over it

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Southampton away 3-0 was awful. What about those FA Cup/Carling cup replays - Wrexham, Woking (was that Gus?). West Ham 6-0, Reading 3-0.

Edit - Watford away second time round was every bit as bad as it gets. That was truly awful.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
That was the concern I had coming away from Ipswich. It is very rare for a whole team to underperform. Even TK was all over the place, shanking kicks into the crowd and arguing with everyone around him.
If a team plays well it normally means 7-8-9 players have played to potential. That is enough to win a game. On Saturday, if 4 players had shown any form we would have been in the game.
Tomorrow will show whether it was a one-off and Saturday v Forest will need a massive improvement.

Agreed. However surely lesson learned, with tomorrow completely different team (Ulloa/Ince/Kaz) with Bruno/Conway and probably Andrews dropped.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Reading away on boxing day, I have a feeling that was a no shots on goal game?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Southampton away 3-0 was awful. What about those FA Cup/Carling cup replays - Wrexham, Woking (was that Gus?). West Ham 6-0, Reading 3-0.

Edit - Watford away second time round was every bit as bad as it gets. That was truly awful.

Woking was deffo Gus era, because Tanno got sent off in it!

Another vote for the 1-0 defeat at Watford. We played Adams stylee hoofball, and never looked like troubling them. As you say, the 3-0 at Saints was pretty desperate, too.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I know I will be subjected to the normal "this aint a Palace thread so f**k off" sort of thing, But......

You had a bad game, even a terrible game by all reports. But he is a new manager for you and may have been trying something that did not work. Either way it is one game ffs, talk about defeatist. If I had jumped in saying how shite you were, all of you would have told me exactly what I have said above.

if only some of our own fans were as sensible

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Brez was the hero that day, however we were very lucky to have got to penalties. You have to agree it was a very poor display by us that day.

It happens in the cup especially when you play development squad player in the team. I knew what I was getting myself into when I made the trip to Wrexham to watch the game, unlike some of the League games where the more experienced players just didn't turn up.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It happens in the cup especially when you play development squad player in the team. I knew what I was getting myself into when I made the trip to Wrexham to watch the game, unlike some of the League games where the more experienced players just didn't turn up.

Did we really do much of that though? I recall that for most of these games we were playing a near-full first team squad with maybe 2,3 or 4 changes - it's not exactly in the same league as Wenger's League Cup teams.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I know I will be subjected to the normal "this aint a Palace thread so f**k off" sort of thing, But......

You had a bad game, even a terrible game by all reports. But he is a new manager for you and may have been trying something that did not work. Either way it is one game ffs, talk about defeatist. If I had jumped in saying how shite you were, all of you would have told me exactly what I have said above.

if only some of our own fans were as sensible

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here