Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Did Tony Bloom make a mistake ...

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
All Gus said at the end of the interview after sitting down to look at what we might achieve next year was "I also need to analyze my own career".

Hardly a sackable comment.

There must have been further talks between Poyet and the board after that interview and who knows what Gus said during such talks.
The one thing we do know, he told Bloom after that interview, that he was refusing to handle the retained list and that in my mind WAS, a breach of contract.

Aug 23, 2011
There must have been further talks between Poyet and the board after that interview and who knows what Gus said during such talks.
The one thing we do know, he told Bloom after that interview, that he was refusing to handle the retained list and that in my mind WAS, a breach of contract.

refusing to handle the retained list could cover a multitude of scenarios
a) he refused out right to do anything
b) he sorted a list out but refused to communicate it with the players
c) he refused to handle the list until he had spoken to the board about budgets etc

i think its probably a mix of b and c but i can't believe that there is no proper reason behind it

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
refusing to handle the retained list could cover a multitude of scenarios
a) he refused out right to do anything
b) he sorted a list out but refused to communicate it with the players
c) he refused to handle the list until he had spoken to the board about budgets etc

i think its probably a mix of b and c but i can't believe that there is no proper reason behind it

I agree B and may be some of C.

I really can't believe he was not involved with the selection for the list, but I can believe that Gus may have refused to action it, in some kind of protest to the budget he had been given for this coming season.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Poyet had for ages been throwing his toys out of the pram on a regular basis and the post Play Off remarks were the straw that broke the camel's back. I suspect that TB had just about enough of Poyet's demands for all things, incl non team, to be his way. I am not surprised that it took 500 pages to describe the extent of the club's dissatisfaction with him.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Poyet had for ages been throwing his toys out of the pram on a regular basis and the post Play Off remarks were the straw that broke the camel's back. I suspect that TB had just about enough of Poyet's demands for all things, incl non team, to be his way. I am not surprised that it took 500 pages to describe the extent of the club's dissatisfaction with him.

Well they were still interviewing people up til at least two weeks ago I am told. Also its not about dissatisfaction, its about having cold hard facts that matters that have breached the disciplinary code can be proven. Then they have to show that process has been followed (warnings issued previously) and that the breach is sufficient to lead to the action they want (does it warrant dismissal for example).

Well they were still interviewing people up til at least two weeks ago I am told. Also its not about dissatisfaction, its about having cold hard facts that matters that have breached the disciplinary code can be proven. Then they have to show that process has been followed (warnings issued previously) and that the breach is sufficient to lead to the action they want (does it warrant dismissal for example).
Interviewing people? Or trawling for bits of dirt and gossip? It's surely better (and safer) to focus on the one big matter that warrants dismissal? Assuming there is one.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but I bet the 500 pages of evidence includes a full transcript of the previous meeting and whilst this is likely to be substantial, it would not be anything new for Team Poyet.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but I bet the 500 pages of evidence includes a full transcript of the previous meeting and whilst this is likely to be substantial, it would not be anything new for Team Poyet.

500 pages is not unusual for a disciplinary. There will be statements, transcripts, contract details, any previous correspondence, company handbook, any previous disciplinary actions (formal or otherwise)
Etc.

The most significant document will be the particularisation, where the club will set out where the evidence they have gained, supports the charges they are making against him (so quotes that say 'statement by x states that y happened which we state supports charge 1')

Then team poyet will be able to challenge those (innaccuracies in transcripts) add their own evidence and point to elements in those 500 pages of documents that support their view.

500 pages is not unusual for a disciplinary. There will be statements, transcripts, contract details, any previous correspondence, company handbook, any previous disciplinary actions (formal or otherwise)
Etc.

The most significant document will be the particularisation, where the club will set out where the evidence they have gained, supports the charges they are making against him (so quotes that say 'statement by x states that y happened which we state supports charge 1')

Then team poyet will be able to challenge those (innaccuracies in transcripts) add their own evidence and point to elements in those 500 pages of documents that support their view.

Yep, was going to post something along those lines days ago when the whole 500 page thing was being bandied about but quite frankly i couldn't be arsed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here