Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight....The Truth!!!!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have a fact - Coppell has keft and this club needs to get over it very quickly.

We've had managers leave before and will no doubt leave in the future.

Forget all the arguments and support the team now - we'll have a new manager by Bournemouth away so what ?

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I agree with you entirely Beach Hut,and there isnt nothing we can do about it!!

I just thought that people needed to be aware of the Facts surrounding SC and DK.As most people on here were very quick to jump on the "Hate SC for Leaving us in the Shit" bandwagon.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
The sooner Dowie signs a contract the better, we should move on
enquiry finishes in 2 weeks then decision by January hopefully
new manager settles in assesses players gets Rahman signed up for the rest of the season, seen enough to say he fits the bill well.
This league is not as good as 2 years ago, we have as good a chance as anyone, and congratiulations on Chris Mcfee for ramming my criticism well and truly down my throat, bring on more youngsters, the futures bright ....................

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
"he stands to make a killing on his shares, but is too tight to use his own money to finance it!"

You really have the financial acumen of a peanut

For christ sakes folks don't employ mullers as your management consultant

eiregull

Jul 15, 2003
ireland
their not facts mr shinpad its pure conjecture, if you have a problem with dick knight then i would suggest that you are perhaps just a glory hunter in the mike ward mould, who needs to go back to 1995 and look at the FACTS.

-we were skint FACT.
-we were bottom of the football league FACT.
-we played homes games over sixty miles away FACT.
-Our strikers were maskell and baird FACT.

Or perhaps you didnt follow the albion then.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
IF this was true.
Who can blame DK.
He took ages to appoint SC,did he really want him?
Didn't cost us anything if we get the compensation.
Taylor who I rated,got us promoted didn't take his bonus and went without a payoff.Micky was always going to bigger and better things.
If DK has played the field and used the managers brilliant he has done it for the club and hopefully will again.The club is bigger then the manager,Falmer is bigger then the manager,If we get Falmer you just wait for the line of people wanting to take us on.
BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION FOOTBALL CLUB is bigger then any individual.DK is at the helm at the moment and doing a great job.No little up their arse manager or player is bigger then the fans,DK is a fan,might get some things wrong but he is a fan.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
eiregull said:
their not facts mr shinpad its pure conjecture, if you have a problem with dick knight then i would suggest that you are perhaps just a glory hunter in the mike ward mould, who needs to go back to 1995 and look at the FACTS.

-we were skint FACT.
-we were bottom of the football league FACT.
-we played homes games over sixty miles away FACT.
-Our strikers were maskell and baird FACT.

Or perhaps you didnt follow the albion then.

Dont be a Prick all your life!!

First game in 1970,and that is a fact!!

But then again you wont believe that either will you!

eiregull

Jul 15, 2003
ireland
you have, im not irish i just live here, to be honest i dont have a brother -FACT.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Charlies Shinpad said:
I have just spoken with my source and they have told me the truth of this whole saga with Steve Coppell.
Charlie's Shinpad. I know who your source is and I fully understand why you are convinced that you know all of the facts about the situation.

Much as I thoroughly respect your source, consider that he may not know precisely what is going on behind the scenes at the club as he is only privy at best to one side of the story and some of the information he picks up might actually be hearsay.

FACT. DK and the board made no attempt to keep SC!!
A difficult one. Define "no attempt". Public grovelling through television, newspaper and web based media asking the manager to stay - Is that no attempt?

Or is refusing to give the manager a huge pay rise "no attempt".

Incidentally, I don't know whether Coppell asked for a payrise or not, I'm merely speculating, but to say that "no attempt" was made is clearly not true as we all witnessed those public appeals.

FACT. DK offered SC a three year contract when he first approached him to become our manager last year.But SC said it would be better to see how it went to the end of the season and then take it from there.
So at the beginning of this season DK only offered SC a One year deal,when SC would have happily signed a 3 year deal!!
Well the first part certainly is fact.

As for the second, the media interviews with Coppell when he signed the contract (and I'm sure if you search the Argus archive you'll find them) clearly had Coppell saying why he had only accepted a one term deal - primarily saying it was because of the stadium situation.

Why would he say this if he'd only been offered a one-year deal. The words he used clearly suggest that he was offered longer.

FACT. If DK had said to Reading you cannot approach our Manager they would have gone to the next name on there list,and that was said in the Press Conference!!!
Quite possibly true as Madesjki would not have wanted to look like a total hypocrite. However that would have destroyed any possible working relationship between Knight and Coppell and would have virtually guaranteed that he would jump ship, maybe not until the summer when his contract expired, but certainly then - which would probably have been a worse time for the Albion as we prepared for Division One football again.

DK allowed Steve to talk to Reading for the above reasons. His public statements clearly show that he was hoping Coppell would prefer to stick with us then go to Reading. Sadly he was wrong on that one.

FACT. SC did not want to leave The Albion,he is not money motivated,but he had no choice as DK was more interested in the Compensation money than the Manager!!!
Doesn't make sense. Nobody sacked him or forced him to jump. He could have simply stayed on his existing contract. Your comments suggest that he asked for more but DK wasn't prepared to give, showing he was more interested in the compensation than the manager. But how does this tally with your assertation that Coppell is not money motivated? Either way the argument is illogical

FACT. DK made no attempt to keep Mickey,or Peter Taylor either!!
There is no way he could stop Micky chasing his dream and the fact that the two of them are still superb friends is testimony to that.

As for Taylor, well he could have offered him millions that the club didn't have - leading us to be in Oldham's situation, or he could reluctantly accept that he couldn't give him what he wanted and therefore had to allow him to go.

Hindsight proved that Taylor was right to an extent but none of us know how much extra playing funds he wanted and whether that was practical or not.

FACT. All DK is interested in is getting his name up in lights for getting us Falmer!!
He doesnt give a shit about the playing side he is just obssessed in getting Falmer.
His number one obsession is quite clearly getting us to Falmer (and who can argue with that?) Not so sure about name up in lights but I will accept that DK does enjoy the limelight, as indeed do most Chairmen. At the same time, I believe that he has the clubs interests and not his personal interests at heart.

If personal interests then surely the temptation would have been to spend spend spend, get some glory, then bugger off and let somebody else pick up the pieces?

My Source is 100% Genuine,as a few people on here know,and my Source was talking to SC on the phone when I was there!!
As I said earlier I totally believe this. I know your source and therefore believe it is highly likely that he was talking to SC tonight, particularly given his current situation.

I always thought DK was a decent man and had the club at heart,but after I heard this today,my mind is made up Im afraid,
He has to go!!
As I said at the start. Consider that your source firstly only hears one side of things, and secondly a lot of hearsay is passed around the circles that your source dwells within, and a lot of that hearsay 'automatically' becomes fact after a while.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well Shinpad, I think R L Z has just very eloquently taken you apart piece by piece.

Now why don't you gather together the remaining shreds of your credibility, get off Dick Knights back, and stop shit-stirring with all this negative crap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here