Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight....The Truth!!!!!

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I have just spoken with my source and they have told me the truth of this whole saga with Steve Coppell.

FACT. DK and the board made no attempt to keep SC!!

FACT. DK offered SC a three year contract when he first approached him to become our manager last year.But SC said it would be better to see how it went to the end of the season and then take it from there.
So at the beginning of this season DK only offered SC a One year deal,when SC would have happily signed a 3 year deal!!

FACT. If DK had said to Reading you cannot approach our Manager they would have gone to the next name on there list,and that was said in the Press Conference!!!

FACT. SC did not want to leave The Albion,he is not money motivated,but he had no choice as DK was more interested in the Compensation money than the Manager!!!

FACT. DK made no attempt to keep Mickey,or Peter Taylor either!!

FACT. All DK is interested in is getting his name up in lights for getting us Falmer!!
He doesnt give a shit about the playing side he is just obssessed in getting Falmer.

My Source is 100% Genuine,as a few people on here know,and my Source was talking to SC on the phone when I was there!!

I always thought DK was a decent man and had the club at heart,but after I heard this today,my mind is made up Im afraid,

He has to go!!

Dunkstar

Jul 6, 2003
Up a Hill
To be honest i think it's Falmer above all at the moment unfortunately!I also don't believe it was as cut and dried as that!

eiregull

Jul 15, 2003
ireland
that im afraid is bull, both coppell and knight have publically stated that a 3 year contract was offered this summer,but coppell wanted to see the out come of the public enquiry before committing for longer than a year. so you first point is rubbish so why should we believe the rest.

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
So, now you have seen the light about Knight as well! He knows that if he can get Falmer, he stands to make a killing on his shares, but is too tight to use his own money to finance it!

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Charlies Shinpad said:

...he is just obssessed in getting Falmer.

I always thought DK was a decent man and had the club at heart....

but Falmer IS the heart of this clubs future....

I'm afraid today has proved no manager is bigger than this, and any man who gets us Falmer will get my season ticket money well in advance..

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Re: Re: Dick Knight....The Truth!!!!!

Rowdey said:

I'm afraid today has proved no manager is bigger than this, and any man who gets us Falmer will get my season ticket money well in advance..

Knight already gets mine! But Falmer is still not being built!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I don't know who your 'insider' is but basically they are twisting facts at best and lying through their teeth at worst. I too know people at the club and others who work for the club in a professional capacity and yes while there may be the smallest grain of truth in one or two of those statements most of them are rubbish. For example "Didn't try to keep Adams" can also be expressed as "Allowed Adams to talk to Leicester".

"Doesn't give a shit about the playing side" is so inaccurate as to be laughable. I didn't realise from your previous posts on this site that you were such a gullible idiot.

Last edited:

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
Nobody has £48 million to finance Falmer out of their own pocket.

The mechanisms are in place to stop anyone making a killing out of the stadium.

Oh! So have the value of the Director's shares been capped at what they paid for them plus RPI?

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Re: Re: Dick Knight....The Truth!!!!!

Rowdey said:

So you want The Albion to be playing in The Conference when we get Falmer do you?

The way DK is going,that where we may be if he treats every manager this way!

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
What eiregull said is true, it was Coppell who wanted a year not DK.

On the second point, we allowed SC to speak to Reading because we didn't want another Pardew, much like Hull said Taylor could speak to Reading but he decided that he wanted to stay where he was. SC went to speak to Reading, he did not turn them down.

Subsequently DK has to make a decision. If SC stays and another bigger club came in for him we would be in the same situation. The fact that SC ummed and argghed over whether he was going or not questioned his full commitment. If SC stayed and took us up and then left we would be in exactly the same situation as we were in when Taylor left. Consequently, DK as the person in charge has to make a decision. If SC goes now we can hammer REading for a lot more compensation, Reading can't turn it down because they themselves have just gained from Pardew's leaving.

In all honesty if SC wanted to stay SC would have said no to Reading much like Taylor did at Hull. If SC is having second thoughts then DK has to look after the interests of Brighton first not SC.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Re: Re: Re: Dick Knight....The Truth!!!!!

Mullers said:
Knight already gets mine! But Falmer is still not being built!

And he doesn't get mine...thats my choice, exercise yours.

eiregull

Jul 15, 2003
ireland
all bull mr shinpad, i deal in facts not hearsy from amate who knows amate who happens to be coppells haidresser and told me this etc etc

now listen THIS SUMMER STEVE COPPELL WAS OFFERED A THREE YEAR CONTRACT AND REFUSED IT, SIGNING INSTEAD FOR ONE YEAR, COPPELL KNOWS THAT, KNIGHT KNOWS THAT, AND I KNOW THAT BECAUSE IT IS PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE.

Coppell wanted more money for teambuilding knight said no and hence we are labelled unprogressive etc, but since you want knight out im assuming you are seriously loaded and ready to take on what is definatly one of the most difficult jobs in english football, if not stop spouting rubbish and stick to facts.

Albionite83

Aug 27, 2003
It will be very interesting to see how hard Knight fights to keep our best players at the club. Was Zamora a one-off or are we going to be sold down the river?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Re: Re: Re: Dick Knight....The Truth!!!!!

Charlies Shinpad said:
The way DK is going,that where we may be (the conference) if he treats every manager this way!

That is total bull I'm afraid. The only reason we've got the managers we've had is because DK is fair and will let them talk to bigger clubs. Despite the managerial upheavals, we have gone up twice in recent years if you remember as well?

How else should he treat the manager? Say 'no you're not going' and piss them off completely so they resign and we don't get a penny?

Your comments really are quite laughable

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Charlies Shinpad said:
So Why Does DK keep allowing other Clubs to talk to our managers?

If he thought that much of these managers he would have told all these clubs to piss off!!

But then they'd just resign! At least any other manager (or 'whore' to quote THPP) coming here knows we won't stand in their way if they want to move to a better job. No I don't like it either but I'd rather have a good 'whore' for a year than another Hinshlewood.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here