[News] Dianne Abbot- Marvellous

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As soon as I saw this thread, I knew I could rely on the older white male dominated NSC to pile in!
We can't help the colour of our skin or our age. Are you seriously suggesting that we don't criticise the likes of Corbyn or Johnson?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Not specific because it happens most times that she is interviewed or it seems like it when ever I have heard her.

If it happens 'most times when yoiu have heard her' then it should be very easy to provide an example.
there are literally hundreds of recordings of her giving interviews available at the click of a button, so won't be hard?

Otherwise I'll assume you are spouting BS and have other motives for your dislike of her.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If it happens 'most times when yoiu have heard her' then it should be very easy to provide an example.
there are literally hundreds of recordings of her giving interviews available at the click of a button, so won't be hard?

Otherwise I'll assume you are spouting BS and have other motives for your dislike of her.
Maybe she's been mean about Spurs?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Starmer isn't public school educated: I know someone who was in his class at school - Reigate Grammar (an independent school now, but wasn't when he was there).

But you're right to draw attention to the abuse that Abbott gets, particularly the people who describe her as thick. She went to Cambridge (and I bet there weren't many state-educated black women at Cambridge in the 70s) and then passed the notoriously tough Civil Service entrance exam: you have to be exceptionally bright to get through that.

Oh come on! Don't let mere facts get in the way of rampant prejudice!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

BG quotes BS shock horror!:ohmy:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
That is how she comes across to me mainly because she relies on the colour of her skin to back up any argument which is what I deplore

She is not that stupid - in fact she is not stupid at all.

I find her annoying on occasion, but that is to do with what I consider to be a patronising manner and not the colour of her skin. I'd much rather have her than ANY member of the current government's front bench.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
She's racist, for a start. Does that not mean anything any more?

In fairness, I hadn't said I like her or dislike her in this instance. I just found the use of the word deplorable a mighty stretch considering the current political climate where there are many more who seem to fall under that category (such as our PM). I've also never heard her "use the race card" as BG states, hence me asking for examples.

On this note though, a quick Google search found a "Diane Abbott is a racist" FB group which sounds like a barrel of laughs.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Whatever. The issue here is not Monroe or even her opinions. It's about the incredible, undeniable achievements of Diane Abbott.

I get that but using that article as a means to promote her is like listening to Chemical Ali talk about Saddam Hussein’s good points.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Put 'Diane Abbott' in a thread title on NSC and it's like turning on a light and waiting for the moths to flock to it.

Put 'Chris Grayling' in a thread title and it'll be off page 1 of the Big Board in no time.

Never mind.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Put 'Diane Abbott' in a thread title on NSC and it's like turning on a light and waiting for the moths to flock to it.

Put 'Chris Grayling' in a thread title and it'll be off page 1 of the Big Board in no time.

Never mind.
Everyone agrees that Chris Grayling is a ****, so once we've established we're all agreed, the thread disappears.

For some reason there are plenty of people here who want to stick up for Abbott, so a thread about her sticks around.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Everyone agrees that Chris Grayling is a ****, so once we've established we're all agreed, the thread disappears.

For some reason there are plenty of people here who want to stick up for Abbott, so a thread about her sticks around.

The words 'Diane Abbott' are pure, Gammon clickbait box office. I'll leave you to enjoy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports