Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dexter Blackstock

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
There's a coffee shop that Paul Barber frequents in Hove.
I've just seen Glenn Murray in there,waiting to meet somebody.
And there's us wanting another striker on loan. A big man, who can hold up play and chip in with goals.

:jester:

It's a yes from me :)

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
If he has a near open goal can he put the ball in it? If he has a decent chance can he at least get it on target? If so lets get him in!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
This player we ought to sign permanently. He is a left footer (hearsay).

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
We are definitely targeting proven championship players, with bags of experience at this level. While I don't necessarily think that's a bad policy. The manager and his coaching staff have either none or very little experience at managing at this level. There within lays our main problem.

And the only way they're going to get it is by people getting off their back and allowing them the time to get the experience.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Thanks guys, I had a feeling it was 5 in the match day squad.

And am I right in thinking season long loans cannot be recalled but shorter ones can? Or is it agreed on an individual basis?

Season long loans can only be recalled during the January transfer window.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
We are definitely targeting proven championship players, with bags of experience at this level. While I don't necessarily think that's a bad policy. The manager and his coaching staff have either none or very little experience at managing at this level. There within lays our main problem.

Ah. And, of course, you've got much more experience at that so I'll take your word for it that that's what's gone wrong. Thanks.

(Even though nothing much does seem to have gone wrong apart from a massive injury list and people's ludicrous expectations of the type of player we should be signing).

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The negativity on this thread and on the board in general does not suprise me, people just love to whinge and will never be happy

Bu anyone who cant see DB would not improve our current striking options has a screw loose.

Get him in, I quite like him, certainly better than what we have

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
no one we have signed seems to me to be a Oscar choice. I can't think that he spent 3 months earlier this year going through players stats and videos to come up with Chicksen, Andrews etc and now Blackstock and even as injury replacements I can't see his hand in them. You would have thought we would have had one player from him by now because Jan isn't that far away and no one is going to come unless we have a chance of going up

If you want an insight into how players are signed at the Albion then David Burke is remarkably frank and detailed on this subject in this weeks Albion Roar >>
http://www.albionroar.co.uk/media/files/download.php?file=David-Burke-19th-Oct-2013.mp3

Oscar has had final say and there has been no change to manager input to signings this year as to Gus. We forget that all players signed in last 12 months (Andrews, Ward, Agustien, Upson) have had Prem League experience replacing less experienced Painter, Dicker, Elphick, Vincelot etc As well as Spanish Dave, Ulloa etc.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
He`s certainly better than what we have got.
Two years ago people on here would have been very happy with Blackstock signing. I am.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I see there is no 9am update on the Argus website. Perhaps they are waiting for the signing news of Dexter.

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
The negativity on this thread and on the board in general does not suprise me, people just love to whinge and will never be happy

Bu anyone who cant see DB would not improve our current striking options has a screw loose.

I don't understand this sentence!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
He`s certainly better than what we have got.
Two years ago people on here would have been very happy with Blackstock signing. I am.

Two years ago people rated Billy Paynter and thought Murray would do shit at Palace. People get things wrong all the time.

Barnes is statistically a better striker than Blackstock. Last year he scored 6 goals in 37 appearances...remind me what Barnes got?

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Two years ago people rated Billy Paynter and thought Murray would do shit at Palace. People get things wrong all the time.

Barnes is statistically a better striker than Blackstock. Last year he scored 6 goals in 37 appearances...remind me what Barnes got?

According to the statistics that I looked up, Blackstock made 14 appearances last year, scoring 6 times... 8 starts and 5 substitute appearances..

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London

Spot on.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008

ESPN rank Blackstock as Forest's third highest 'assister' last season, with 7 assists.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Barnes vs Blackstock.jpg

You appear to be right about Blackstock's appearances & goals. But there is much more to those stats than meets the eye...

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO 26m
Leeds are in talks with Nottingham Forest about signing striker Dexter Blackstock who is also a target for Brighton. #LUFC #NFFC #BHAFC

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO 26m
Leeds are in talks with Nottingham Forest about signing striker Dexter Blackstock who is also a target for Brighton. #LUFC #NFFC #BHAFC

That's that then. I can't see him choosing us over Leeds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here