Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dexter Blackstock

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Despite interest from Leeds United, he signed a new four and a half-year contract with Forest on 24 January 2013.

Seems Forest rated him in January. 1 in 4 scoring record.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I get the impression we are struggling to sign players that would improve what we have already so now we are taking punts on players who are out of favour but would be good if they returned to form.

Problem is I don't think Oscar is a manager that develops a squad like that and if we are not careful we are going to end up with a team that will never gel and full of players who are not quite good enough

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I get the impression we are struggling to sign players that would improve what we have already so now we are taking punts on players who are out of favour but would be good if they returned to form.

Problem is I don't think Oscar is a manager that develops a squad like that and if we are not careful we are going to end up with a team that will never gel and full of players who are not quite good enough

I suspect we may see a change of formation if we get blackstock in

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010

I think Oscar has/had his hands tied behind his back until there is/was definitive 'closure' on the GP situation as that could have a serious impact on what signings the club will be able to consider under FFP.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
He has played well against us in the lower divisions. I can't remember when though.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Those goals led to Saints recalling the striker in December. Blackstock scored for George Burley's men on New Year's Eve at Cardiff, and grabbed a brace in a 2-1 win over Brighton two days later. 2006.

http://www.thesaintshub.com/dexterblackstock.html

Good read, I like this bit;

"In 2009 Blackstock set up the 'Dexter Blackstock Soccer School', a training course run in the school holidays for youngsters aged between 6 and 14. The school is run by qualified coaches and aimed at getting kids off the street."

Certainly sounds like he has good integrity.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I suspect we may see a change of formation if we get blackstock in

I think Oscar has/had his hands tied behind his back until there is/was definitive 'closure' on the GP situation as that could have a serious impact on what signings the club will be able to consider under FFP.

Whilst I'm not too worried yet even bearing in mind the Poyet situation and FFP no one we have signed seems to me to be a Oscar choice. I can't think that he spent 3 months earlier this year going through players stats and videos to come up with Chicksen, Andrews etc and now Blackstock and even as injury replacements I can't see his hand in them. You would have thought we would have had one player from him by now because Jan isn't that far away and no one is going to come unless we have a chance of going up

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Whilst I'm not too worried yet even bearing in mind the Poyet situation and FFP no one we have signed seems to me to be a Oscar choice. I can't think that he spent 3 months earlier this year going through players stats and videos to come up with Chicksen, Andrews etc and now Blackstock and even as injury replacements I can't see his hand in them. You would have thought we would have had one player from him by now because Jan isn't that far away and no one is going to come unless we have a chance of going up

Good points yes . I keep forgetting this but it is a concern as well . I'm probably a bit old fashioned but for me I want the manager choosing his players and his players Alone. Am I right in assuming Burke hasn't even played the game .

It's not quite panning out how we dreamed on and off the pitch . . . At the moment .

As I said earlier no harm raising these issues and getting concerns out there to be discussed.

Fully behind og , Burke , bloom and even barber but doesn't mean there are not things I don't like

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I hear we haven't given up on getting a youngster from Spurs. Talks ongoing apparently.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
FFS what do some people want? Van Persie? Aguero?

Blackstock is a great signing.

Massive improvement on Barnes.
This, what are people moaning about, the club appear to be spending any money available on non playing squad things, we're not gonna get anyone better!

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
This, what are people moaning about, the club appear to be spending any money available on non playing squad things, we're not gonna get

Another forward coming in is only a good thing. Signing tomorrow

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Getting bored with the constant bleating about Burke picking the signings.

You can only loan players from this country in the loan window Burke obviously has a better knowledge of players and so is recommending players to Oscar for him to choose.

It's already been documented nothing has changed since Gus left re. recruiting players and Oscar turned down a player last week because he didnt fit what he wanted.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Agree, it offers more options. He's a decent campaigner, nothing spectacular, but will pinch a goal here and there.

Fact is, fans don't believe in Barnes anymore. Im not sure Barnes even believes in himself anymore. His confidence is shot and his big chance to prove himself as our first choice striker has ended in misery.

Get Blackstock here.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Like Lita, Blackstock had always done quite well at this level. He's also good in the air so would be an acceptable replacement for Ulloa. I hope this one comes off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here