Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Development Squad at Lancing today - Anyone going?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Dunk and the headed goal were both superb.

I thought Barker had dreadful body language towards the end, seemed to just give up totally.

I'm afraid he's just not good enough....... Dickenson is great at finding space but rarely demands the ball.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Dunk and the headed goal were both superb.

I thought Barker had dreadful body language towards the end, seemed to just give up totally.

Going back to Dunky, I was disappointed defensively in the second..... The penalty was poor on his part and the booking he did dive in.....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'm afraid he's just not good enough.......

I concur he will not make it in the main squad.

Dunk has the potential to get back to where he was now all that stuff is behind him.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think Dunk needs to go out on loan for a season.

Probably a good idea and to a League 1 club so he plays.

We have two covering central defenders in Calderon and El Abd

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Ipswich looked pretty poor for the majority of the game. The first half was almost all us. They came out fighting at the start of the second half, had 3 great chances in those 10 minutes, but we quickly got control of the game again.

Christian Walton (GK) - pretty good display, didn't have an awful lot to do and his distribution looks decent. He doesn't use his right foot at all though, so Ipswich probably should've put him under a bit more pressure, that tactic worked wonders for Lewes.

Robert Hunt (RB) - pretty decent, nothing special that I recall though.

Adam Chicksen (LB) - has a great touch, good on the ball and blimey he's a bit quick!

Courtney Richards (CM) - good game today, strong in the tackle and pressed well.

Glen Rea (CB) - looks very comfortable on the ball and pretty good in the air, as shown by his goal.

Lewis Dunk (CB) - masterful performance, pushed forwards well, well-taken goal and good on the ball. MOTM

Shamir Goodwin (RW/LW) - gave their full-backs all kinds of problems, but played the ball back rather than putting a cross in most of the time.

Emil Asmundsson (CM) - pretty quick and nifty, good tackler and can pass it well. Looks like he'll be ideal for our style of play, in time.

George Barker (ST) - unlucky not to score, hitting the bar in the first half from a one-on-one, but he seemed to give up whenever he lost the ball.

Jesse Starkey (CAM) - went missing for large periods of the game but he was very good for the rest of the time. Took his goal well.

Brennan Dickenson (ST) - I can't really remember much of his performance to be honest.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Was it not suggested that he was going out on loan to Wolves. I suggested that the best move for him was to go out on loan some months ago but got slated endlessly for suggesting it as many said he was good enough for our first team.

I'm sure you did and Wolves was certainly rumoured. I don't recall, however, many of our fans saying he was good enough for the first team though, always thought the discussion was more Greer vs AEA.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Probably a good idea and to a League 1 club so he plays.

We have two covering central defenders in Calderon and El Abd

Was it not suggested that he was going out on loan to Wolves. I suggested that the best move for him was to go out on loan some months ago but got slated endlessly for suggesting it as many said he was good enough for our first team.

Bournemouth need defenders DESPERATELY. I vote he goes there with his mates (under strict instructions not to go out of an evening)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I know I am a bit forthright with my opinions but I had a similar view of Dunk to that of Ince but Ince is doing his best to prove me wrong so all credit to him. Not so sure about Dunk.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
He could learn from Elphick and Cook

Reckon he could learn a lot of maturity from Tommy.
Defending wise, could play championship football week in week out and we can then assess if he's likely to make it at this level.
Got to be better than playing against kids the whole time.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I know I am a bit forthright with my opinions but I had a similar view of Dunk to that of Ince but Ince is doing his best to prove me wrong so all credit to him. Not so sure about Dunk.

I think your opinions are fairly sound (for what it's worth), other than Ince :wink: . I definitely agree re Dunk.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would Crawley or Portsmouth not be interested in Dunk and perhaps Barker which would give both some league games and probably be better than they already have. It would probably be in our interests to still pay their wages and allow them to play league games rather than DS

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Would Crawley or Portsmouth not be interested in Dunk and perhaps Barker which would give both some league games and probably be better than they already have. It would probably be in our interests to still pay their wages and allow them to play league games rather than DS

League 2 is too good for Barker, I would suggest Aldershot.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I agree and think that he will finish up as another Jake Robinson but we still keep him on our books so somebody sees something in him.

Yes. But I would suggest this is a big year for some of the Development Squad, as surely the club needs to make a decision.....

Courtney Richards
Brennan Dickenson
George Barker

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here