Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Development Squad at Lancing today - Anyone going?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm not. Hopefully he'll explain it later. Can't figure out if it's a positive or negative.

I read it as a positive ie the defenders can't catch him?

Leighgull tweets seem to back this up
leigh ‏@leigull 1m
Good half for the development side. 2-0 up and in control against Ipswich. Barker very good up front, great movement & unlucky not to score

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
2-1 penalty

McCarthy and Nathan Jones in attendance

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'll sneak this good news in the match thread but feel free to start a new thread if anyone is inclined

Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 7m
Good news from Keith Andrews, a spectator at Lancing. Absence v Burnley (hamstring) was more precautionary. Could be back Saturday.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I'll sneak this good news in the match thread but feel free to start a new thread if anyone is inclined

Good news from Keith Andrews, a spectator at Lancing. Absence v Burnley (hamstring) was more precautionary. Could be back Saturday.

excellent, thanks for posting this!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not definitive but Andy Naylor tweeted a link to an Argus page which includes
Albion (from): Walton; Colquhoun; Hunt, Chicksen, Richards, Rea, Dunk, Goodwin, Asmundsson, Barker, Starkey, Dickenson, Barry, Harris, Muitt, Horncastle.

This is the team

BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC 3m
#BHAFC U21 v Ipswich: Walton, Hunt, Dunk, Rea, Chicksen; Asmundsson, Richards, Starkey; Dickenson, Barker, Goodwin.

Feb 11, 2006
Amsterdam

Good News indeed, and pretty impressive that a loanee is down there watching on what I assume is a day off for him (based on the fact that Kemy is back over here in Holland at the moment)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Dunk yellow card

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
3-1

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC 9m
FT: Two out of two for Simon Ireland's under-21s thanks to goals from Dunk, Starkey and Rea. Taylor replied for Ipswich. #BHAFC 3 #ITFC 1

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC 9m
FT: Two out of two for Simon Ireland's under-21s thanks to goals from Dunk, Starkey and Rea. Taylor replied for Ipswich. #BHAFC 3 #ITFC 1
Good stuff, Ipswich and Swansea have got well established youth set ups. The last two results are really promising.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very impressive result, that Icelandic player looks potentially very good and it can't be long till Courtney Richards steps up.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Thought we controlled the game well, apart from 10 min spell at start of 2nd half.

Dunk was the stand out player in the game, Chicksen was solid enough and seems pretty quick. Courtney Richards did well in the 'Bridcutt' role, Barker should have scored when through on the keeper. Dickenson did OK. Only player I didn't think impressed was Jesse Starkey (no.10).

Unbelievable to see Dunk steaming forward on the break and getting the opener!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Very impressive result, that Icelandic player looks potentially very good and it can't be long till Courtney Richards steps up.

The Development Squad played well particularly in the first half, thought Dunk and Chicksen were a class above in the first half, but both were fairly average second half. I agree that in the end Courtney Richards was probably MoM. Thought that the Icelandic lad tired in the 2nd as Ipswich saw more of the ball.

First goal was superb. Dunk started the move, then galloped forward a la Lawrenson and struck a lovely left foot shot past the keeper having received a pass.

Second goal Barker created for Starkey.

Dunk got badly squared up in the box, dangled a leg and the Ipswich player went over it. Very poor defending. He then got booked after committing himself.

3rd goal, great header from Rea after a Dickenson corner.

Barker looked lively, but missed 2 gilt-edged chances when through 1 on 1.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Development Squad played well particularly in the first half, thought Dunk and Chicksen were a class above in the first half, but both were fairly average second half. I agree that in the end Courtney Richards was probably MoM. Thought that the Icelandic lad tired in the 2nd as Ipswich saw more of the ball.

First goal was superb. Dunk started the move, then galloped forward a la Lawrenson and struck a lovely left foot shot past the keeper having received a pass.

Second goal Barker created for Starkey.

Dunk got badly squared up in the box, dangled a leg and the Ipswich player went over it. Very poor defending. He then got booked after committing himself.

3rd goal, great header from Rea after a Dickenson corner.

Barker looked lively, but missed 2 gilt-edged chances when through 1 on 1.

Dunk and the headed goal were both superb.

I thought Barker had dreadful body language towards the end, seemed to just give up totally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here