Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Derby shambles

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Such a shame, a fine player at Championship level, well thought of at Derby and then this... Fair to say he's not terribly popular right now.

Why is he not popular out of interest? I guess as he was captain he shouldn't have been involved in carrying on drinking or let players get drive drunk. Can't help but feel he is unlucky to be the one that has physically come out worst in all this given he was the passenger.

Also Derby could have some problems now - insurers won't pay out his wages surely so now Derby stuck with him on the books until June 2021 - with him unlikely to be back until Jan 2021 at the earliest.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why is he not popular out of interest? I guess as he was captain he shouldn't have been involved in carrying on drinking or let players get drive drunk. Can't help but feel he is unlucky to be the one that has physically come out worst in all this given he was the passenger.

Also Derby could have some problems now - insurers won't pay out his wages surely so now Derby stuck with him on the books until June 2021 - with him unlikely to be back until Jan 2021 at the earliest.

Why not? Not getting drunk won’t be a condition of the insurance surely?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why not? Not getting drunk won’t be a condition of the insurance surely?

There is no way an insurance company is going to pay out on a shit faced footballer, getting into a car driven by someone equally shit faced.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
78CD0586-5EC9-41CD-9902-2188E7E80A1D.jpegE61998DD-829A-4819-9D88-093601012284.jpegD5B46A28-6248-4FB9-8FAC-D338C1724D87.jpegC58A2329-B94E-43E4-95C1-7A5F3A66E9D5.jpeg

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Those pictures aren’t Keogh ... no professional footballer is wearing Sondico [emoji23]

Especially on a night out

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
.......and the bar bill has a couple of J2Os on it. Must be fake :rolleyes:

Pour 75 Jagers in a large glass and mix in two J2O;s, add a cherry and its now called a Rams Lamp post :drink::sheep::sheep::cheers:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
.......and the bar bill has a couple of J2Os on it. Must be fake :rolleyes:
"Right fellas shall we just divide evenly between us all..."

"....wait what?"

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bottle of Prosecco....****ing chavs.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
That bar tab was from when they went on the lash after winning the play-off semis, remember it doing the rounds at the time.

Someone had a Disaronno Ameretto. You can’t win a play off final with a Disaronno drinker amongst you.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Could be good news for young Clarke? Much more chance of game time now (he hasn't been getting as much as we'd like).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There is no way an insurance company is going to pay out on a shit faced footballer, getting into a car driven by someone equally shit faced.

Interesting point, what happens with driving insurance if you’re drunk? If someone was pissed and ran me over I presume they’d cough up for any damages I might claim?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Interesting point, what happens with driving insurance if you’re drunk? If someone was pissed and ran me over I presume they’d cough up for any damages I might claim?

Yep. Insurance company would pay out for any third party damage/injury, but the pissed driver wouldn’t be able to claim for any injuries to themselves, damage to their own car etc.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Hopefully might make a few others think first.................
Well, you'd like to think so but I wouldn't hold my breath....

33 years old, club captain, 355 apps - Shouldn't have put himself in that situation, should have known better is the general opinion. Ultimately, as football fans, our opinions are completely swayed by what happens on the pitch aren't they - Unfortunately for all 3, it comes at a time where we're struggling a bit so......

No idea but if it's something the insurers wouldn't pay out on then will he be sacked?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here