Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Derby shambles

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
What's Darron Gibson up to now?

A free agent, had offers from League 1 and abroad but wants to continue his playing career in the upper echelons of the Championship.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
The club transport, get cabs, take public transport?

No. Footballers think they are above such things. Their cars are status symbols for them and will drive them everywhere, even if they know they are getting pissed

Sadly, fame and fortune can have a very toxic effect on some folk, who just think that they can get away with it and behave entirely as they wish.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
_108963688_allestreecrash.jpg

I'd say the Range Rover is in danger of being written off as well.

It’ll buff out.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Players went on team bonding , got out of hand and ended up with 2 done for drunk driving and Keogh injured in a car crash and out for the season
:lol: Nice one.

Wait, WTF - that actually happened? :eek:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Shouldn't think Mick McCarthy is too happy about this either, especially with Duffy picking up an injury last night as well and being ruled out for a while. Keogh and Duffy have played together in all of ROI's Euro2020 qualifyers so far.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Keogh is a donkey everytime I watch Derby. Why do footballers insist on driving range rovers despite the fact most of them live in urban areas? Bizzare.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Keogh is a donkey everytime I watch Derby. Why do footballers insist on driving range rovers despite the fact most of them live in urban areas? Bizzare.

The only time they go off-road round my way is when they park on the ****ing pavement outside the schools blocking everyone.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Why do footballers insist on driving range rovers despite the fact most of them live in urban areas? Bizzare.

Just footballers? That could apply to quite a large proportion of the population. You've obviously not seen the mums on the school causing mayhem where the 4 wheel drive capability has only been utilised to double park and churn up the grass verge! :(

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Just footballers? That could apply to quite a large proportion of the population. You've obviously not seen the mums on the school causing mayhem where the 4 wheel drive capability has only been utilised to double park and churn up the grass verge! :(
Churning up the grass verge is the lesser of the two evils of knocking someone else's child over on the way to that particular school

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Sorry? Not sure I've understood that?

Sitting on a grass verge with a 4 X 4. That's not a major issue driving a 4 X 4 as opposed to taking the kids to school in a Nissan Micra; however if you were to accidentally hit another person's child on the way there with a 4 X 4 as opposed to a Nissan Micra then the outcomes are very different

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Sitting on a grass verge with a 4 X 4. That's not a major issue driving a 4 X 4 as opposed to taking the kids to school in a Nissan Micra; however if you were to accidentally hit another person's child on the way there with a 4 X 4 as opposed to a Nissan Micra then the outcomes are very different

Blimey that was too obtuse for me and I suspect you may have missed my point also. Based on your theory and what I witness it seems that 4x4's churning up verges, double parking and blocking people in, parking across driveways and generally causing mayhem on the daily commute ARE in fact contributing to road safety. :amex:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Blimey that was too obtuse for me and I suspect you may have missed my point also. Based on your theory and what I witness it seems that 4x4's churning up verges, double parking and blocking people in, parking across driveways and generally causing mayhem on the daily commute ARE in fact contributing to road safety. :amex:

I was not only trying to support your point of view. I was trying to "Enhance" your point of view and support you. I don't know where you think I was being "obtuse"

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was not only trying to support your point of view. I was trying to "Enhance" your point of view and support you. I don't know where you think I was being "obtuse"

To be fair, I didn't really know what point you were making either.

And if a kid is hit by a Nissan Micra or a Range Rover, it wouldn't make an awful lot of difference. The speed is what would dictate the damage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here