Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby sack Paul Clement

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I can understand why it may look like that from the outside but just like you will have a different view on Hughton week in week out - Derby have very very rarely played well this season, says more about the league than our performances that we got to the top at one point, but last couple of months have been very very poor and the selections have suggested that he was nowhere close to knowing what he is first team was. It's definitely a shame though, and a little confusing.

The club as a whole is an amazing position, hopefully this is just a little blip....
But your season was about to start after thrashing MK Dons according to Rams Talk. You even had a thread about when out next win would be after our blip. Funny old game this football lark.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ahhh, who else remembers those heady days before Christmas, when Derby were on a great run, and informing us how they were going to smash our unbeaten record to bits at the iPro, before going on to contest automatic promotion with Boro?

This is a complete cop out by the Derby board. They appoint him, he's their choice, but they've lost their bottle totally at the first sign of a wobble.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
With Pellegrino being released (effectively sacvked) at Man City after delivering the Premier title only 18 months ago and currently lying third, this sacking shows again of all that is wrong with modern football. If our club ever goes the same route, sacking people doing a perfectly good job, then I will walk away from football, Albion or no Albion.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
sounds like they have appointed someone from backroom for rest of season. weird statement from the club saying that going up was not priority or did i misread?

Yes I saw that very strange - something along the lines of promotion was not part of the plan - although the priorities were building on the derby way and style of football, adding depth and strength to their squad, and developing player and team performance. Sounds from that promotion was not the key element!! strange.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't get this thing about rating Nigel Pearson. Got Leicester promoted at the third attempt despite huge resources at his disposal and just about scraped league survival with a very similar team that the tinker man has 5 points clear at the top of the league. Horrible man too. Used to hear him regularly on BBC Radio Leicester and he was so rude, abrasive and generally mental I have very little respect for the man.

There's a reason that he remains without another role having left Leicester. Man's a prick and I think most people in football know it.

Promotion form to stay up at the end of last season and I believe that Ranieri is using much the same squad this year? He might be a complet ******** but that doesn't make him a shit manager IMO. I think he'd turn Derby around, if they gave him the job but they appear to be going down a more risky route

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I don't get this thing about rating Nigel Pearson. Got Leicester promoted at the third attempt despite huge resources at his disposal and just about scraped league survival with a very similar team that the tinker man has 5 points clear at the top of the league. Horrible man too. Used to hear him regularly on BBC Radio Leicester and he was so rude, abrasive and generally mental I have very little respect for the man.

There's a reason that he remains without another role having left Leicester. Man's a prick and I think most people in football know it.

And his son, who was involved in that disgusting Thai racist group sex romp has been signed by Barnet. A move that is already dividing the fans.

Anyway, back to Derby and talk about shooting themselves in the foot. I think it'll be a Swansea situation where Darren Wassell does shit and they'll get a reasonable manager installed in David Moyes around March.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Oh no, new manager = winning games yikes!

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
But your season was about to start after thrashing MK Dons according to Rams Talk. You even had a thread about when out next win would be after our blip. Funny old game this football lark.

I think this, and the following post, is a bit of NSC phenomenon, read loads on here about how arrogant we are and how we feel we have a sense of entitlement which is basically garbage. Couldn't be further from the truth, but I think if you say it on here enough it becomes an accepted fact! Any talk of thrashing MK dons (I don't know of 'Rams Talk') was definitely more in hope than expectation!!

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I think this, and the following post, is a bit of NSC phenomenon, read loads on here about how arrogant we are and how we feel we have a sense of entitlement which is basically garbage. Couldn't be further from the truth, but I think if you say it on here enough it becomes an accepted fact! Any talk of thrashing MK dons (I don't know of 'Rams Talk') was definitely more in hope than expectation!!

Sorry i meant dcfc(arrogant)fans.co.uk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I can understand why it may look like that from the outside but just like you will have a different view on Hughton week in week out - Derby have very very rarely played well this season, says more about the league than our performances that we got to the top at one point, but last couple of months have been very very poor and the selections have suggested that he was nowhere close to knowing what he is first team was. It's definitely a shame though, and a little confusing.

The club as a whole is an amazing position, hopefully this is just a little blip....

Really? From mid Sept. to Boxing Day they went: P18 W13 D4 L1......rarely played well :moo:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Might also mention that Rotherham have fired Neil Redfearn today as well. They only appointed him in October.

With the greatest of respect, Rotherham are a club punching above their weight in the Championship. And they sack a good guy after only four months because they have fallen to what many people would consider their level, i.e. they're one of the strugglers?

Arguably even more gutless than Derby giving Clement the hoof.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Do you think something else is going on Mikey? It just seems a weird statement from your club, let alone the sacking and the unknown(to me anyway) replacement.
Derby must be seen as a plum job by out of work managers

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Promotion form to stay up at the end of last season and I believe that Ranieri is using much the same squad this year? He might be a complet ******** but that doesn't make him a shit manager IMO. I think he'd turn Derby around, if they gave him the job but they appear to be going down a more risky route

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Obv results great, but honestly the football really wasn't - Did you honestly think we were any good v Brighton?

1 game to judge, but in 9 of their 13 wins they've won by more than 1 goal, they beat Hull 2 nil away....I dunno, I haven't seen much of them, but it seems far from a sackable season...

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Only just actually read and digested the fact that they paid £6 MILLION for Bradley Johnson.
Wow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here