Derby sack Paul Clement

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
it was the 2-2 draw with us that done it :lolol:

Yoda

English & European
Did they not look at our run of 7 without a win (same as what they are at now) and out latest 3 results?

Talk about jumping the gun, if that was a 100m race that would be a false start by 3 seconds. :eek:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Assistant taking over until the end of the season.

Good stuff.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I don't understand. If promotion wasn't the priority then what was the target? They were in a higher position than their finishing position last season so were making progress. What was he meant to be doing? Absolutely baffling decision.

Football in the Championship is screwed: how many managers have gone this season? Must be more than half by now

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Harsh, very harsh.

I can understand why it may look like that from the outside but just like you will have a different view on Hughton week in week out - Derby have very very rarely played well this season, says more about the league than our performances that we got to the top at one point, but last couple of months have been very very poor and the selections have suggested that he was nowhere close to knowing what he is first team was. It's definitely a shame though, and a little confusing.

The club as a whole is an amazing position, hopefully this is just a little blip....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
[TWEET]696759334341054464[/TWEET]

Edit - the tweet he was quoting said "Startling news from Derby, dignified guy Clement, doesn't deserve that. Shows desperation to reach PL this season after their investment"

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Good, the panic button has been pushed. As long as they don't get Pearson they'll probably continue to feck up

I don't get this thing about rating Nigel Pearson. Got Leicester promoted at the third attempt despite huge resources at his disposal and just about scraped league survival with a very similar team that the tinker man has 5 points clear at the top of the league. Horrible man too. Used to hear him regularly on BBC Radio Leicester and he was so rude, abrasive and generally mental I have very little respect for the man.

There's a reason that he remains without another role having left Leicester. Man's a prick and I think most people in football know it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bonkers! Even the club's statement doesn't make any sense!

"When Paul joined us last year we worked with him to develop a plan for the club which we asked him to embrace.
It was clear in this plan, which was briefed to supporters, players, sponsors and all our stakeholders last summer that promotion this season was not the primary target. The priorities were building on the Derby way and style of football enjoyed in the past two seasons; adding depth and strength to our playing squad; and, developing and improving player and team performance.
Sadly, on these measurements, we have not made enough progress and that is why we have decided to part company with Paul."
:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here