Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby interested in Lua Lua

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ha! I am about to order a shirt with number 25 for mine but his own name on. Luckily I've already told him it was also Zamora's number and therefore my squad number when I played ex pat football (despite being a chubster centre back in the stiffs).

Gus made the comment at a SoL meeting that the guy I have sat with since the first Withdean season attended. It comes up in conversation about once a fortnight!

What is SoL?
Our boys fondness for KLL indicates a point that's been made a few times on this thread: he's exciting, but only sometimes/infrequently effective.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Like him off the bench but not as a starter, 1M and he's thier's. Probably 750k given short contract.

Not saying we can get a replacement starter in for that money but he's not a quality starter either if we're trying for promotion. That said I like him in the squad. Can see March playing a lot this year but with or without LuaLua we need just one other winger given Kaz and Buckley's inconsistancy. Can't think of a current CM who can fill in wide as before obvious cases were Lopez or Orlandi

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What is SoL?
Our boys fondness for KLL indicates a point that's been made a few times on this thread: he's exciting, but only sometimes/infrequently effective.

SoL is Stadium of Light - Sunderland.

Would LuaLua pass a medical? His ankle is still slightly dodgy after being smashed at Hartlepool & he has recurring hamstring problems.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
People saying they'd sell our most exciting player & game changer who we bent over backwards to sign? :lol: :facepalm:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Exactly. Why would we want a bloke who helped get Cardiff promoted and was then one of their better players in the Prem last year?
Booo Nooney.

Nooney is crocked at the moment. He may need groin surgery.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Its his potential that has to be realised.

Acceleration: exceeds any other Championship player
Sprint speed: equal to any other Championship player except Buckley
Shooting: sometimes excellent, other times a near miss or block is as useful as wild miss
Weak Foot: well above average
Guile: could be improved

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Like him off the bench but not as a starter, 1M and he's thier's. Probably 750k given short contract.

Not saying we can get a replacement starter in for that money but he's not a quality starter either if we're trying for promotion. That said I like him in the squad. Can see March playing a lot this year but with or without LuaLua we need just one other winger given Kaz and Buckley's inconsistancy. Can't think of a current CM who can fill in wide as before obvious cases were Lopez or Orlandi

March no where near the class of Kaz or Buckley is our best player when fit , March is so over rated on NSC

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Doesn't this rumour come from the amateur website run by a student from his hall of residence bedroom, who makes up transfer rumours in between pot noodles?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I'm really not sure he'd suit you based on the three games I saw between us. Poyet described him as more or less uncoachable because even he doesn't know what he's doing next. Have also heard from a couple of people he was one of the players Oscar barely talked to - Oscar certainly only wanted to use him off the bench. Your game looked all about precision and pace on the break and I think he'd seriously frustrate you.

Besides he's got to stay - he's my son's favourite player!

In the Argus of January 8 2014, LuaLua was quoted as saying:-

This season has been good for me, the manager has been good for me, everybody really. It would be nice if he could talk more! But he's a nice guy. He's different to Gus, a bit quieter, but he's a good manager. All the boys love playing for him.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
when you play on the side of your weaker foot
to make the most of cutting in
you need close control and an instep finish out of keepers reach
like robben or those two goals Messi scored
if not you tend to run into the other defenders
how many has kaz scored in the CHampionship?
one of his goals last year was from an inswinging cross
which missed everybody but he never tries such a shot
always love to watch kaz but it is in the wide attacking area where
we need to improve

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Kaz has never held down a regular starting XI spot under either Gus or Oscar, so it really is shit or bust time for him. You'd like to think Sami would put his arm round him, make him believe, give him a run in the side and watch him fly, but this really would be working a miracle.

Right now he has to stay, but if we get Jordan Ibe on a season-long loan then things might be different.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Exactly. Why would we want a bloke who helped get Cardiff promoted and was then one of their better players in the Prem last year?
Booo Nooney.

I think you watch him with rose coloured glasses on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here