Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby County vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Mike Tiddy scored from the half way line in an FA Cup game for the only goal of the game before Bath City's record crowd of 18,000! Sometime in the Sixties. Was anyone else born then?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Derby one of those teams that one week will be good, next average. Robinson and Ward are ones to watch, but Ward is injured, caused us a lot of problems at their place last year. Crowd will get on their back if things not going their way. If we play our game, should pick up 3 points...

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
We haven't got tiny Cox. :(

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm a bit concerned about today. Losing at home to an out of form Birmingham and only managing a draw against lowly Ipswich is pretty poor form coming in to this game. The thing that worries me is that without CMS we've looked completely toothless in attack. It'll be interesting to see what Gus does today, we're creating chances but have no one with sufficient quality to finish them off.....I wonder if we'll see a surprise or two with his selection and formation today.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Mike Tiddy scored from the half way line in an FA Cup game for the only goal of the game before Bath City's record crowd of 18,000! Sometime in the Sixties. Was anyone else born then?

I was a tiddler back then.

Mike Tiddy had a powerful shot. He put one over the south stand (from in the penalty area) and out of the ground in my first ever match at the Goldstone. Well they said it was out of the ground at the time. Maybe, it just got stuck on the roof?

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I'm a bit concerned about today. Losing at home to an out of form Birmingham and only managing a draw against lowly Ipswich is pretty poor form coming in to this game. The thing that worries me is that without CMS we've looked completely toothless in attack. It'll be interesting to see what Gus does today, we're creating chances but have no one with sufficient quality to finish them off.....I wonder if we'll see a surprise or two with his selection and formation today.

Don't reckon the League position counts for much until after ten matches. Birmingham finished ahead of us last season (mainly because of their home form) and Ipswich were no mugs, We dispatched Barnsley (who were not that bad except for their keeper) OK. Bad luck having both Macca and Hoskins (still don't know if he is any good) out as it does seem to restrict our goalscoring repertoire. But we have yet to see what David Lopez can contribute.

Should be a fascinating contest between Bridge and Brayford (if Brayford plays at right back - not sure?).

Derby team: Legzdins (GK), Brayford, Keogh, Buxton, O’Connor, Hughes, Bryson, Hendrick, Coutts, Robinson, Sammon.
subs: Deeney (GK), Tyson, Gjokaj, Bennett, Freeman, Davies, Jacobs.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
our form this season is L D WWWWW L D is today the start of another 5 game winning run?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC
#BHAFC v Derby: Kuszczak, Bruno, El-Abd, Greer, Bridge; Dicker, Bridcutt, Barnes; David, Buckley, Orlandi.
#BHAFC subs v Derby: Ankergren (GK), Calderon, Dunk, Hammond, LuaLua, Dobbie, Agdestein.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
4-5-1 with Barnes up top or 4-4-2 with Barnes and Buckley as strikers, David right midfield?

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC
#BHAFC v Derby: Kuszczak, Bruno, El-Abd, Greer, Bridge; Dicker, Bridcutt, Barnes; David, Buckley, Orlandi.
#BHAFC subs v Derby: Ankergren (GK), Calderon, Dunk, Hammond, LuaLua, Dobbie, Agdestein.

Interesting line up there!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Kusz
Bruno Greer El-Abd Bridge
Bridcutt
Buckley David Dicker Orlandi
Barnes

Is this the formation???

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
BHAFC ‏@OfficialBHAFC

Well I got the squad exactly right, if not the starting XI. That's a first for a start. Dicker probably deserves his start after recent form.

Derby fans reckon that their young player Hughes will boss the midfield.

We need somebody to get on the end of the Buckley crosses along the ground on in the air.

Derby are missing lots of chances as well.

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Derby fielding a debutant goalkeeper, previously with Burton Albion. That could be a positive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here