Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby County vs Brighton and Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Derby weren't as good as all the hype. I tip Sheffield United to runaway with Division One next season in the same sort of manner that Poyet did for us.

Clough signings of Martin and Russell are the danger men. I'm sure the basic shape of Derby is now 4-4-2 (not at the end when it was 6-4-0) not the 4-3-3 of Clough.

I would be disappointed if we lose and I put it down to injuries. I can see how we can win but the goal deficit does not make it likely. I would be very much encouraged (for this match and next season) if we can retain possession like the home match. I think I would play Ince to try and build on that advantage.

Forsyth (right back) was not quite as slow as it first appeared. The absence of Buckley is a bit of a disaster as he would be the only one to get past him and have enough time to pause and pick a pass/cross.

oh ... so Buckleys absence is a talking point now....? buckley and bruno , two of our most "enigmatic" players , absent for large portions of the season........:thumbsupthumbsdownsitonmyface:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think we should take a leaf out of the Eastern Ukrainians Handbook, since all of us on here want us to win we should simply tell Derby that they have lost the game and that we are through to the play off finals. Simples.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Come on man this defeatist attitude is no good!

We can do this.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
I have a season long memory.

We got lucky because Reading screwed up. Wouldn't have come down to that if we'd played more consistent football throughout the year.

We are where we are! and that's 2-1 down with 90 minutes of football to play.
You are right to say what you're saying but like Liam Brady once said "IF my granny had balls she'd be my Grandad"

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

We got lucky because Reading screwed up. Wouldn't have come down to that if we'd played more consistent football throughout the year.
...... or Reading got lucky because we screwed up against Huddersfield and Blackpool, take your pick.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
keep-calm-and-f-ck-derby-up-1.png

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel

No wonder you were sent to the colonies....accute case of incurable pessimism, not needed in Blighty ol' chap

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
What about this team today?:

Kuszczak

Calderon~Greer~Upson~Ward

Ince~Andrews

March~Lingard~Lualua

Ulloa

Subs: Brezovan, Bruno, Dunk, Mackail-Smith, Orlandi, Spanish Dave, Buckley (if only a bit injured).

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What about this team today?:

Kuszczak

Calderon~Greer~Upson~Ward

Ince~Andrews

March~Lingard~Lualua

Ulloa

Subs: Brezovan, Bruno, Dunk, Mackail-Smith, Orlandi, Spanish Dave, Buckley (if only a bit injured).

Can't start Lualua. He is needed for extra time. Can't start Lopez, needed for the penalties.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Can't start Lualua. He is needed for extra time. Can't start Lopez, needed for the penalties.
We won't get to extra time without a goal, Lualua represents one of our biggest goal threats, we're behind in the tie. I haven't started Lopez.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Central Midfield.. Could do with him on the wing really but we aren't going to play 2 up top and I'd like to see CMS in the team. 4-4-2 would make more sense with those players but we won't do that...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here