U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Taking the train to this one. And been looking forward to it for weeks

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Staying Friday night so what is there to do in Derby ?

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Our away support isn't great (it used to be better in terms of numbers for sure), but it isn't 'piss poor' either. Also worth noting we have a fair bit further to travel than most clubs..
I'm not convinced. Apart from local games and cup/play offs I can't remember us taking more than 2000 anywhere, which when you think we're getting 20000+ at home is disappointing. Especially now we're top of the league.

Our away support when we were at Withdean was class, relatively big numbers given the amount of supporters back then, lots of songs and lots of noise even if we're losing.

Now it's just a quiet block made up of drunks, supporters club, northerners, kids and a few people who like driving the M1 more than most. That's not a criticism of those groups, but it's a crying shame when you compare to most teams knocking around the top of the Championship.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I'm not convinced. Apart from local games and cup/play offs I can't remember us taking more than 2000 anywhere, which when you think we're getting 20000+ at home is disappointing. Especially now we're top of the league.

Our away support when we were at Withdean was class, relatively big numbers given the amount of supporters back then, lots of songs and lots of noise even if we're losing.

Now it's just a quiet block made up of drunks, supporters club, northerners, kids and a few people who like driving the M1 more than most. That's not a criticism of those groups, but it's a crying shame when you compare to most teams knocking around the top of the Championship.

:bigwave:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I'm missing the works Christmas do for this one, got a bit messy last year so not to disappointed. Would like to think we'd take at least 1200. QPR away on Tuesday may have a bearing on numbers as well.

Last year my works do was on a friday so I missed as it was Wolves away the next day. A choice between a day out at the football with my mates (at my own expense) or a freebie with some bell cheeses from work? Not a difficult one.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill

Just trying to pigeon-hole myself into one (or more) of these categories.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Last year my works do was on a friday so I missed as it was Wolves away the next day. A choice between a day out at the football with my mates (at my own expense) or a freebie with some bell cheeses from work? Not a difficult one.

:salute:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Heading up on the train, really looking forward to it. Despite the result, I thought the atmosphere at the playoff semi-final was electric. Derby were definitely the loudest home crowd I have ever encountered, very impressive.

That said, IIRC we had no centre halves and four defenders out of position that day and Derby were inspired. I'd like to think we will pose more of a threat this time round. Also the GBG seems to be stacked with decent looking pubs so looking forward to softening the blow of inevitable defeat beforehand.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere but will be be allowed to wear the lucky yellow kit? Probably too much of a clash I reckon.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We now have our own tour guide, my Derby mate will show us the sights on Friday and the best curry house in Derby :rave:

Brilliant I am sure there will be somewhere good in Derby

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Heading up on the train, really looking forward to it. Despite the result, I thought the atmosphere at the playoff semi-final was electric. Derby were definitely the loudest home crowd I have ever encountered, very impressive.

That said, IIRC we had no centre halves and four defenders out of position that day and Derby were inspired. I'd like to think we will pose more of a threat this time round. Also the GBG seems to be stacked with decent looking pubs so looking forward to softening the blow of inevitable defeat beforehand.

They did make a serious racket and fed off their good start, keeping the momentum going on and off the pitch. Although a few Albion left early and missed our consolation, I remember us singing through to the end and acknowledging the players well.

You do get a decent corner there where the fans can bounce songs off each other. Sadly I can't be there so I won't make grand statements about getting behind the lads. But a few early choruses of "OOOhhhh BOBBY Zamora..." should wind up the natives.

PG

PS Leicester refer to them as Direby which their gritty east midlands dialect approximates.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
so, anyone have an idea how many tickets we've sold?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
In fairness it was ****ing loud that day and made singing in the away end seem pointless.

We're a much better side this time though...but so close to Christmas with our piss poor away support I'd guess we'll take around a 1000 when most teams in the division would take 4000 if they were on a run like ours

I take it then your there then at every single away match with a rather uncalled for statement like that, to the many who pay hundreds /thousands of pounds over the season to follow Albion away !
I dont because I work and cant afford every away match like a lot of people.
Don't knock these people mate they make every effort and even if there is only 100 of them, I still feel proud these 100 have made the effort and found the cash.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Our away support isn't great (it used to be better in terms of numbers for sure), but it isn't 'piss poor' either. Also worth noting we have a fair bit further to travel than most clubs..

Linked to the changes in the AMS when it went from lifetime to annual, I'll wager ....

Folk like me may only go to a handful of aways [yes, bad fan, I know], but now it's also constrained to POTG away days.
If Derby is POTG, I'll be there, if not it'll be fingers crossed for a stream.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here