Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Derby - Away Support

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Wasn't it the goalkeeping coach? I can't even remember who he was fighting with.

It was but also I can't remember who with but it was a nasty incident and the player (sic) had to be pulled off him. I think the coach kicked the ball at him.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Are they seriously going to wave 6000 flags for a league game, if this was a crunch game in April maybe.
A lot of games still to be played in a very unpredictable league.
Except us of course we are very predictable.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Damn right .There is a lot of talk of how good our home support is and rightly so but we should sell out our allocation against our major rivals considering our league position.

Well Derby are most certainly one of our major rivals, although far from the only one. I'd put Middlesboro, Hull, and probably Burnley, in the same bracket at the moment, although that may possibly change as the season progresses.

ChazzyBHA

Dec 27, 2011
I'm going to this one, really hope we do take over 1000 at least. It is my 18th Birthday too so hoping for a decent game!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Well Derby are most certainly one of our major rivals, although far from the only one. I'd put Middlesboro, Hull, and probably Burnley, in the same bracket at the moment, although that may possibly change as the season progresses.

True but it's easier to get to Derby than the other teams you mention.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Are they seriously going to wave 6000 flags for a league game, if this was a crunch game in April maybe.
A lot of games still to be played in a very unpredictable league.
Except us of course we are very predictable.

Why not ? Good idea I think. If they think it'll help generate a noisy and lively atmosphere for them. I like flags at football. Maybe Albion should do it more often.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
reading their forum they seem to be the only fans this season who are giving us deserved respect

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Bought my ticket this morning. Hopefully we take good numbers as it's a massive game!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Our away support isn't great (it used to be better in terms of numbers for sure), but it isn't 'piss poor' either. Also worth noting we have a fair bit further to travel than most clubs..

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I'm missing the works Christmas do for this one, got a bit messy last year so not to disappointed. Would like to think we'd take at least 1200. QPR away on Tuesday may have a bearing on numbers as well.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Our away support isn't great (it used to be better in terms of numbers for sure), but it isn't 'piss poor' either. Also worth noting we have a fair bit further to travel than most clubs..

We have more miles to travel than any other Championship club this season.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
And our players not fighting with the coaching staff during the warm up may help

Bloody hell, I'd forgotten about that.

That was bizarre.

Wasn't it the goalkeeping coach? I can't even remember who he was fighting with.

It was but also I can't remember who with but it was a nasty incident and the player (sic) had to be pulled off him. I think the coach kicked the ball at him.

The player was Keith Andrews - Andrews starting a fight with keeping coach?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The best thing is that we'll be above them no matter what at the final whistle.

And we can hope Birmingham take a point at least at Middlesbrough.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Derby have conceded 4 goals in their last ten matches & only six at home all season I think. They are not used to going behind or conceding at home. Obvious thing to say but first goal scored is crucial. I hope we take the game to them & don't go out too defensive. I'd take a 1-1 all day.

Looking forward to this - always a good away day & they make a bit of noise.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
How many Brighton fans are Midlands based I think we are building more ex pats / ex Sussex or fans with connection to Sussex we need to build these groups. They are many fans around the UK which away games are nearer. Who going to Derby that doesn't come from Sussex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here