Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby and Fulham bid for Dunk [+ Newcastle now interested]

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I have mentioned Perch at Wigan on numerous occasions as one that I would certainly bid for amongst others, good quality centre halfs can be found s whole lot easier than attacking players was my point. Bassong at Norwich is another I would bid for, loaned out by Norwich last year, and I would be surprised to see him get game time in the premier league. I'm sure the scouting team have plenty of options of required, on top of that both players I mention have played and I believe were signed by Hughton previously....

When we beat Newcastle 1-0, I thought both Best and Perch were particularly naff. Williamson on the other hand was good for them.

albionite

May 20, 2009
This with bells on. Dunk is the player we should be building the back four around, especially now GG is nearing the end. This would make the premature departures of Cook and Elphick even more nonsensical. One thing I do seem to remember is a £5m release clause in his contract but if you were Lewis Dunk, would you leave the club who have nurtured and developed you for one a handful of places up the table? I think Fulham might be exercising the right to talking to LD, but signing him might be another matter.

£5m release clause first I've heard of that. If true he is gone we won't be able to match the wages Fulham offer with parachute payments

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I have mentioned Perch at Wigan on numerous occasions as one that I would certainly bid for amongst others, good quality centre halfs can be found s whole lot easier than attacking players was my point. Bassong at Norwich is another I would bid for, loaned out by Norwich last year, and I would be surprised to see him get game time in the premier league. I'm sure the scouting team have plenty of options of required, on top of that both players I mention have played and I believe were signed by Hughton previously....

i agree with your comment...although one has to remember that Dunk for half the season was our best ''attacking'' player judging by goals scored

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Given our record of replacing any of our better players I would hope we hang onto him whatever is being offered

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
i agree with your comment...although one has to remember that Dunk for half the season was our best ''attacking'' player judging by goals scored

Agreed he was good last year and came up with some vital goals, that's really not what he is on the side for though, we really need to hope our forwards and midfielders chip in with way more this season, some of Dunk money if we sell I would hope would be used in improving those areas, as I say it may just free up the required cash to get a couple of deals over the line...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If the club sold him for £4m it'll be able to not sing two £1.5m rated wingers.

Rarefied air indeed.

daveyboy1973

Feb 5, 2010
bexleyheath
give him a new contract with bigger wages!! tell fulham its 10 million or **** off!! after last years shambles and the slow transfer activity again, selling one of our best players is pr suicide at the minute. all the general buzz of a few weeks ago seems to be dying rapidly.....

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
give him a new contract with bigger wages!! tell fulham its 10 million or **** off!! after last years shambles and the slow transfer activity again, selling one of our best players is pr suicide at the minute. all the general buzz of a few weeks ago seems to be dying rapidly.....

Just out of interest, I assume you'll be happy to fund his pay rise out of your pocket ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I'll take the thumbs down as a no then and you expect Tony to fund the increase.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'll take the thumbs down as a no then and you expect Tony to fund the increase.

Don't forget how easy it is to spend someone else's money though!

Not to mention that £4m - either reinvested in players or used to reduce losses - can easily be funded by every single season ticket holder, including OAPs and kids, chucking in £200.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I'm pretty sure we won't let him go to Fulham whatever they bid as it would have a hugely negative impact on the squad, showing a complete lack of belief in our chances this season. However, I expect there is a release clause if a Premiership team come in for him with a bid of £5m. We don't stand in the way of a player if they want to go to the Premiership. I actually think this helps us attract players in eg Leo.
I expect his 'knock' preventing him playing tonight is due to us being cautious in case Fulham's bid draws out a bid from someone like Newcastle.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
He'll be gone next week as barber and bloom are rubbing their hands....Dunks wages will quadruple and he'll want to leave.

He's our only asset left which is concerning as we have an ageing squad big time:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here