Derby and Fulham bid for Dunk [+ Newcastle now interested]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:thumbsup:

If only we could apply the same skills to buying :lolol:

Baby steps.

In the meantime with all this cash in the bank, I'm buoyed by the fact there are now so many more players available, for the club not to buy.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
They have just got 11 million, I would think Barber will expect half of that. If Dunk wants to go I would hope that the club get at least 5 million

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
They have just got 11 million, I would think Barber will expect half of that. If Dunk wants to go I would hope that the club get at least 5 million

Fulham have shown themselves prone to paying way over the odds for players. Patience is a virture here.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Fulham have shown themselves prone to paying way over the odds for players. Patience is a virture here.

Trouble is, how long do we hold out? Do we wait until near the end of the season before squezing say, an extra million? Leaving us with less time to sign a replacement? We've been looking for a centre back since the end of last season without luck.

Theres always the option to sign a replacement first (in which case we'd need to sign 2) but then what if Fulham pull out?

£4m is a good price.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
We could easily replace him for much less than £4m, I personally think he's pretty overrated to be honest. However, that would leave us with just Greer (not good enough anymore) and Rea (promising but unproven), so we'd have to make good use of the money, and I'm not so confident about our ability to do so at the moment.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Trouble is, how long do we hold out? Do we wait until near the end of the season before squezing say, an extra million? Leaving us with less time to sign a replacement? We've been looking for a centre back since the end of last season without luck.

Theres always the option to sign a replacement first (in which case we'd need to sign 2) but then what if Fulham pull out?

£4m is a good price.

I'd expect it to carry on for another week or so... get it up to £5m, and flush out any real Prem interest as well.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Agree. I say sell.

You think it is that easy?

Sold Ulloa for 10 million or whatever. Brought in -

Baldock 1.5 million - so far waste of money to date

COG 500k - Utter waste

Colunga 900k? Another complete waster.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I'd expect it to carry on for another week or so... get it up to £5m, and flush out any real Prem interest as well.

Absolutely. If we could get the likes of Stoke and Newcastle involved we could potentially get as much as 6 or 7 million quid. Newcastle like signing young players with high potential sell on fees.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
cue Dunk going (for as much as we can get 5m+) and Rae standing in and doing a fantastic job until we get to spend some on a replacement and of coarse we have Dalinson in the wings

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Bloom has stated that he will not stand in a player's way if he has the opportunity to move up and the price is right.
This is not a move up.
As Dunk is under contract until 2018, the price is also nowhere near right.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Bloom has stated that he will not stand in a player's way if he has the opportunity to move up and the price is right.
This is not a move up.
As Dunk is under contract until 2018, the price is also nowhere near right.

Yes, very true.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

£4m is a good price.

If the club are going to sell him, then you would think that they are looking for a replacement now, so they can afford to hold out.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Absolutely. If we could get the likes of Stoke and Newcastle involved we could potentially get as much as 6 or 7 million quid. Newcastle like signing young players with high potential sell on fees.

Does the fact that he's not particularly special come into any of these valuations? 3rd choice centre back at the end of last season, behind Greer and Halford.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Why sell for £4 million when we know they've got the money to pay more? Expect this one will be rejected and they'll probably come back with £5 million + add-ons. We're not desperate to sell as he is under contract for another 3 years so we may as well rip them off to the max.

Not worried about losing him providing we spend this money on two quality CB's and at least one winger.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
You think it is that easy?

Sold Ulloa for 10 million or whatever. Brought in -

Baldock 1.5 million - so far waste of money to date

COG 500k - Utter waste

Colunga 900k? Another complete waster.

Baldock was not a waste of money. He's a quality finisher and would score loads if played in his correct position; £1.5m for him, in the current market, is very good value. You also have appeared to have completely made up a fee for Colunga, I don't remember any sources saying he was £900k. In fact, I may be wrong, but I thought he terminated his contract to sign for us? However I do agree that we need to spend more of what we make in the transfer market - not that I think we will.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
There's some absolute garbage being spouted about Dunk on here. We have a fantastic young defender on our books who will continue to mature and iron out those silly mistakes. Last year we saw him come on leaps and bounds and cement a regular place. On top of that he scored a load of goals last year which is quite rare for a center half.
Do people not realize he is still young and learning? I don't think Dunk is overrated at all. Infact he is completely underrated. To many people want to sell him and fail to see he is only 23.

Unless a silly offer of 6 -7 million is being offered we should stick two fingers up at other Championship clubs.

Dunk is a key player for us and it's about time the club does everything it can to keep hold of our young stars. We don't need to sell and shouldn't.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Baldock was not a waste of money. He's a quality finisher and would score loads if played in his correct position; £1.5m for him, in the current market, is very good value. You also have appeared to have completely made up a fee for Colunga, I don't remember any sources saying he was £900k. In fact, I may be wrong, but I thought he terminated his contract to sign for us? However I do agree that we need to spend more of what we make in the transfer market - not that I think we will.

Baldock is a waste of money TO DATE. What have we got for 1.5 million? All if's and buts what you are saying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here