Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Depressing Statistic of the Day

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Depressing Statistic of the Day Part 4:-

We haven't come from behind to win since Doncaster August 2011.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
i'm really worried by this and other similar threads. i wasnt aware that they changed the season so that it finished at christmas, which they must have done otherwise why would everyone be getting so concerned?!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Depressing Statistic of the Day Part 4:-

We haven't come from behind to win since Doncaster August 2011.

Apart from against the European champions.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I do. You build a team from the back.

The reason we do not let many goals in is the negative tactics, and a lot of luck! We have a good keeper, two top quality full backs - but our two center halves have little to do with quality or the low number of goals conceded - that is down to the way the whole team is set-up.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Probably something to do with a desire for promotion?

but we're not playing badly. Had loads of decent chances yesterday, and our defence is solid. If we weren't creating, and were leaking goals due to poor defence fair enough.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
but we're not playing badly. Had loads of decent chances yesterday, and our defence is solid. If we weren't creating, and were leaking goals due to poor defence fair enough.

I think the reason for everyone being pissed off is simply our lack of goals, and no goals will directly impact upon our promotion prospects. Gus is still failing to deliver on the promised striker - even on loan!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I hate this, we got a lovely new stadium and everyone should be happy with what they got attitude. I also have seen the rough times over the last 30 years +. That doesn't mean I just hand over my £500 a year +and bend over and take it up the arse, with no right to have a moan..Show me a person who is happy with losing and I will show you a loser.

This. Great Stadium. Good Manager. Squad (still too many League One players that need culling). More money needed to get that quality for the push. Hopefully Barber will get a National Brand (Amex?) on the shirt to get the money rolling in.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't give a shit. All the crap that I've been through as a supporter over the last 35 years and now we have a brand new stadium, a quality manager, a board of directors who care and some of the best fans in the world.
Stick your whining statistics up your arse!
Exactly. Can't be bothered with NSC at the moment, so many whingeing fuckwits on here.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As things currently stand ... the Albion have not scored a single goal (home or away) against any team that is currently in the top half of the table.

Football365 - Football Stats - Football News, Views, Gossip and much more...

Which is a repetition of 2011/12, but Gus has had 2 transfer windows since to sort this, and hasn't.

When you see poorly supported clubs like Burnley with Charlie Austin, it shows what wealthy Albion could have done in the market.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
This. Great Stadium. Good Manager. Squad (still too many League One players that need culling). More money needed to get that quality for the push. Hopefully Barber will get a National Brand (Amex?) on the shirt to get the money rolling in.

Great Stadium, yes..Good manager, at this level the jury is very much out on that, this season is his acid test. Squad, jesus how many players has Poyet bought in???and still can't get the one player we need, the squad is so overloaded with midfield players, its a joke.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

Great Stadium, yes..Good manager, at this level the jury is very much out on that, this season is his acid test. Squad, jesus how many players has Poyet bought in???and still can't get the one player we need, the squad is so overloaded with midfield players, its a joke.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
We've also lost top spot in the average attendences.
Temporarily.

we're 8th in the championship & if that's where we finish I wont be overly disappointed , as long as we're above those tramps from croydon. NEXT season is when we should be making a concerted push for promotion.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
So by your way of thinking, we should not aspire to be any better?....If I won the lottery, I wouldn't still drive around in a crappy old motor. I would buy a lovely nice sports car and if something was not right with it, I would be straight back to the Ferrari garage wanting to know why?

Absolutely not. I just think people need to get things into perspective. We're 8th in the Championship. Not bottom of League 2.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Absolutely not. I just think people need to get things into perspective. We're 8th in the Championship. Not bottom of League 2.

And we have taken 1 point in our last three home games, two of them against piss poor teams(so the league, which you quote tells us) and with the exception of three games, we simply can't score goals, or ever come from behind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here