Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dennis Bergkamp & Liam Brady

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
My favourite player of all time. PLEASE. Please.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
This would be an amazing coup if it happens. Presumably we can expect Poyets departure to be announced very soon..if this is going to happen. Not that I've heard anything.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This would be an amazing coup if it happens. Presumably we can expect Poyets departure to be announced very soon..if this is going to happen. Not that I've heard anything.

Sorry but the last sentence made me chuckle. It's as if Bloom would inform you before releasing a press conference. And totally agree with the first!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The best players don't usually become the best managers, so i'm a little reticent to think big of him just because his football skills stunned any viewer. His coaching badges might be uptodate and top of the range, but we need a man of bulging character, i think, to be in love with and see dominate. If Bergy comes out of himself a bit and shows a bit of unapologetic meanness, then whammo, he could well be one of the ones.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
The best players don't usually become the best managers, so i'm a little reticent to think big of him just because his football skills stunned any viewer. His coaching badges might be uptodate and top of the range, but we need a man of bulging character, i think, to be in love with and see dominate. If Bergy comes out of himself a bit and shows a bit of unapologetic meanness, then whammo, he could well be one of the ones.

He looks like a mean and moody mothergoogler to me

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
flair

won't happen, but if it did I would instantly use up my lifetime's supply of sex wee

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I think the Brady / Bergkamp suggestion seems more promising than most alternatives. Ok it still seems a tad unreal but then Tony Bloom has set some very high standards so far, so why not?

If we end up with a change of management team then I would prefer it to be something like this combo - a mix of experience at the highest level, flair, credibility and in Bergkamp's case something to prove as a future manager. One of the most exciting aspects of this combo would be the potential for our new training academy to turn out some seriously talented and technically proficient youngsters, which has to be the way forward under FFP. Ok it would take a year or two for that to materialise but in the meantime you would hope that having two such names in charge would also maintain/elevate the interest in domestic and foreign players willing to come to the Albion.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
@piltdown man It was meant as a joke. I think there are a few people around here who think that including that phrase lends their speculations some extra credibility.

Feb 14, 2010
Whoever gets the job then can we just have a calm hard edged "right get on with it" reaction. No fanfare, no "oh you are so great" reaction. Whoever it is will get judged on what they do at Brighton and they will succeed or fail depending on whether they gain promotion. They will have 30,000 behind them and they will have no excuses for failure.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
All managers fail as I have just quoted on your thread. Even Sir Alex F came within 90 minutes of the sack. This is why the average span of a manager is 18 months.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Not a good idea.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I like the sound of this. Bergkamp has done plenty of coaching at a great club and could be ready for the step up, Brady on hand to oversee the new academy. It's a YES from me.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
A couple of hours ago Diego Poyet tweeted, The Taricco's and the Poyets all out for dinner togeather. Maybe they have something to celebrate. If it is all sorted with Poyet, then maybe this could be sorted soon (although I like the sound of that Oscar fella).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here