Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dennis Bergkamp & Liam Brady

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Interesting. The Brady suggestion makes some sense given his past links with The Albion. He has been Arsenal's Head of Youth Development and Director of their academy so his recent CV ticks lots of boxes. I can't see him looking for a First team managerial role these days but would make sense if he oversees our new training complex and mentors a younger Albion manager - especially Bergkamp given their knowledge of each other from Arsenal?

Isn't Bergkamp in a similar role to Brady but at Ajax's academy? So would he see us as a good stepping stone for a few years, maybe before moving on to the managers job at Arsenal or Ajax?

On paper they should be a great managerial team, and look to play the right sort of football. Ajax are famed for producing technically proficient youngsters so would make a lot of sense under FFP.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
not sure about manager but i can see Brady being involved soon - Director of Youth Development might appeal given his location, contacts, new training ground, etc

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
But how would Bergkamp get to our European games?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Brady for all his niceness wasn't a good manager , at the Albion or at Celtic

Celtic probably true but I don't think anyone can criticise his time with us given the situation he had to work under. It was a near impossible task. We still saw glimpses of what he could have achieved in other circumstances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here