[Albion] Deniz Undav - season long loan to Stuttgart confirmed

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Imagine the meltdown if he came back in January (if he even wanted to) and he turned out to be SHITEHOUSE!

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
This is a painful merry-go-round. Undav's rubbish, terrible touch and too slow in the brain to adapt to Premier League football. He can finish when he has time and space and no real surprise he's doing well in a surprisingly creative Stuttgart team but he hasn't suddenly become a Premier League level striker. He's no loss to our squad and hopefully the sale happens in January to retire this thread!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Undav was good enough.

It looked like his future opportunities would be limited with the progress of Ferguson, hence the loan.
Really? I thought the reasons were family.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hmmm maybe, l'd still rather see him in a Brighton shirt though, he was at the top of his game and scoring goals when we decided to loan him out.
Decided?....I may be in danger of repeating myself here....we helped him out, and rather generously so.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He was OK, scores goals, didn’t do great at the other parts of the role. Seems to have found a club who suit him better all round. Lovely as a squad player for us and differ style to our first options, but if he wants to be first choice no issue letting him go find that (especially if we get a solid fee).

Been awesome from what I hear

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
5 goals (one every 123 minutes) is pretty good for a debut EPL season. His finishing is class. The rest of his game……you have a point.

But without good finishing, teams don’t score goals and get relegated.

True but goal poacher is not enough in a RDZ team. Maybe I should have said in a top half or BHAFC PL team under RDZ.

True but goal poacher is not enough in a RDZ team. Maybe I should have said in a top half or BHAFC PL team under RDZ.
so by the same token a younger Glen Murray wouldn't make the squad either because Undav is definitely of the Murray mould.?

Hindsight is wonderful but i think that because he was a late bloomer and only started to show his form in the last dozen games, by then the club had already been in talks to buy Pedro so Undav would have been down the pecking order. However they knew right at the end of the season Enciso injury was long term so surprised they let him go. As someone else suggested he was home sick but that was likely because until the seasons end he wasnt getting much game time.??

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Hindsight is wonderful but i think that because he was a late bloomer and only started to show his form in the last dozen games, by then the club had already been in talks to buy Pedro so Undav would have been down the pecking order. However they knew right at the end of the season Enciso injury was long term so surprised they let him go. As someone else suggested he was home sick but that was likely because until the seasons end he wasnt getting much game time.??
There were unspecified personal problems for him earlier this year, Lallana mentioned in a post match interview that he had been having a tough time in his personal life, Undav also stated he had ambitions to play for Germany and I think that the likelihood of being more of a squad player than starter here he felt would not aid those ambitions.
From Undavs position the loan made good sense, and is working out well. From the Clubs perspective, it was a bit of a gamble that we would not miss him, and on that point it hasn't worked well for Brighton, but he is proving his ability as a finisher in a team that he is working well in, and keeping his transfer value up if ultimately he just isn't happy here.
I really like him and would like him to come back to us, but maybe he is not quite the all round player we need for the level we are aiming to be competing at.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I get why we loaned him out but over the last couple of months he’d have been a better option than Ferguson in current form and great cover for Fati and Enciso as well as Welbeck when injured. I feel certain that he may have made the difference in quite a few wasteful draws :shrug:

Suggesting he is a bit shitehouse is as laughable as it was when he was here and almost being booed by some fans, especially those around me at Wembley, embarassing :shrug:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I get why we loaned him out but over the last couple of months he’d have been a better option than Ferguson in current form and great cover for Fati and Enciso as well as Welbeck when injured. I feel certain that he may have made the difference in quite a few wasteful draws :shrug:

Suggesting he is a bit shitehouse is as laughable as it was when he was here and almost being booed by some fans, especially those around me at Wembley, embarassing :shrug:
As he requested to go back to Germany for personal reasons, I’m not so sure he’d have been in the right headspace to perform if we’d chained him down in Lancing.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I will be surprised if we see him again in an Albion shirt. He’s starting for Stuttgart, scoring goals and is on the verge of a call-up to the national team in his homeland. He’s very happy there.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

Enciso got injured after the Wolves game towards the end of August. Undav was out on loan well before that.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
This is a painful merry-go-round. Undav's rubbish, terrible touch and too slow in the brain to adapt to Premier League football. He can finish when he has time and space and no real surprise he's doing well in a surprisingly creative Stuttgart team but he hasn't suddenly become a Premier League level striker. He's no loss to our squad and hopefully the sale happens in January to retire this thread!
Clueless

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports