Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Here’s the thing though, it seems the vast majority of Leeds fans believe they only need their squad from last season for a very comfortable finish in the Premier League, I read a comment last night from someone saying that they believe their current squad would bulldoze ours? I honestly think they are in for an enormous wake up call. They’ll pick up some points early but will burn out by Christmas. I know they played well against Arsenal in the cup but week that’s the nature of the competition, week in week out against top Premier League teams is a different story.

So a one off game when they played Arsenal, who fielded a weakened team, even Ozil was on the pitch, and lost 1-0. This is the Arsenal full team, a tinpot small non-entity Brighton took 6 points off in the PL.

A rude awakening awaits.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Why the f*CK would you sign a player on loan with a contract clause saying you HAVE to buy them?

Who the f*ck does that?

This is clearly a club who have no understanding of how loan deals work. They have this on the one hand and on the other they are trying to buy a player that they have no buy clause for. They have been away too long. The world has moved on without them ... In every way.

They also seem to have forgotten why they got relegated & stuck in the wilderness for 16 years. Financial mismanagement anyone?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
So a one off game when they played Arsenal, who fielded a weakened team, even Ozil was on the pitch, and lost 1-0. This is the Arsenal full team, a tinpot small non-entity Brighton took 6 points off in the PL.

A rude awakening awaits.

And the best bit is if they do us it doesn’t matter because they are the greatest club in all of Europe!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
They've actually started a change.org petition to free Ben White. It's both ridiculously hilarious and incredibly tragic at the same time. In the words of Jim Royale, big club, my arse.

Twitter hashtags and Change.Org petitions. Leeds United's fanbase has basically turned into a university student activist group, but without the credibility (and, I would imagine, presence of some comely young ladies).

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You often see championship teams step up against prem teams in the FA Cup. Means jack shit overall. Swansea v Man City, for example. Swansea finished 10th that season

Incredible nativity from Leeds fans to think that squad with their style of football will flourish in the prem. They'll be knackered after 5 games, and easily found out

Who are they playing as the three wise men?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
No, by winning the Charity Shield we proved that the Southern League was the top division, that was the whole point, no?

Need to be careful as if your talking about a one off game deciding which league is better then a few LUFC fans may consider a one off game against a premier league team as a good indicator as to who well they'll do this coming season!!

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I was allowing time for Bielsa to sing his contract, he still hasn’t singed has he ?

And , of course, he has to solve World poverty the next day.

According to my mate in Chichester ( biggest Leeds fan in the world but never seen them live) God will sign his contract before the players return on Wednesday.. that’s minus Ben White of course.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Twitter hashtags and Change.Org petitions. Leeds United's fanbase has basically turned into a university student activist group, but without the credibility (and, I would imagine, presence of some comely young ladies).

:lol: they think they can make it happen by willing it to be so, it just not fair that he isnt their player. who knows, as i say i reckon the club will fluff it with paltry offer.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
It it is true that Liverpool and Chelsea are interested, the Leeds fans might want to start piping down.

If Ben is going to go to a top 4/5/6 club I would hope it is via us, so as to maximise the income. I'm not sure TB would want to hand over a windfall to another intervening club.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
It appears Leeds are also trying to worm out of an agreed transfer fee of £18 million with RB Leipzig for striker Jean-Kevin Augustin.
After entering a contract to pay for him at the end of the season they have now decided he's useless and don't want to pay their dues.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8540307/Leeds-face-18m-legal-battle-obligation-buy-clause-Jean-Kevin-Augustin-loan-deal.html

If you don't want to trek through numerous adverts, this is the article (20th July):

Leeds could face an £18m legal battle over Jean-Kevin Augustin with his loan deal including a clause forcing them to buy him after promotion... but the Whites will argue it EXPIRED on July 1
* Leeds and RB Leizpig look set for legal proceedings over Jean-Kevin Augustin*
* The Whites last week claimed promotion back to the Premier League
* The German side say the triumph triggered a clause in Augustin's loan deal*
* Leipzig say Leeds now have an obligation to buy him for £18m this summer*
* Leeds will claim the clause expired on July 1, not wanting to keep the flop striker

Neither Leeds nor parent club RB Leipzig want Jean-Kevin Augustin, with the clubs set to enter a legal battle over who the Frenchman should play for next season.*
The Elland Road side secured promotion to the Premier League as Championship winners last week, with the English giants finally returning to the top flight after a 16-year absence.*
Augustin had little influence in the triumph, making just three brief substitute appearances after signing for Marcelo Bielsa's side in January - on loan until the end of the coronavirus-hit campaign.*

Despite the flop, Bielsa could now be stuck with Augustin, with Leipzig claiming Leeds have an obligation to buy the striker for £18m due to a clause triggered when they claimed promotion, according to Bild.*

The Whites have no intention of keeping the 23-year-old and reportedly claim the clause expired on July 1 - an argument complicated by the coronavirus pandemic extending the season.*
Bild believe the dispute is heading for the courts, with Leipzig set to file a lawsuit and complain to FIFA.*

Augustin was touted as a future star after rising through PSG's academy before being sold to Leipzig for £14m in 2017.*
Never challenging Leipzig's record goalscorer Timo Werner for a place in the starting XI, the Parisian's best campaign for the German side was a nine-goal season from 25 appearances and 14 starts in 2017-18.*
He has now recorded two disappointing loan spells during his Leipzig career, scoring just once for Monaco before terminating his deal with the Ligue 1 side in January.**

It will be a shame if Yorkshire's second placed side are forced to pay out £18 million from their limited kitty for a player they don't want.

What a classless bunch of amateurs.

They've actually started a change.org petition to free Ben White. It's both ridiculously hilarious and incredibly tragic at the same time. In the words of Jim Royale, big club, my arse.

Just tragic and pathetic.

And I say that with no banter whatsoever. With all the real issues going on in the world (which is what change.org is typically used for) it sums up their fans that they think it’s appropriate to hijack such a powerful tool for such a childish reason.

Worst fans in the league.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Leeds untied(no, not an error) fans think their future lies with a 22yo loanee.
That sums up what they really think of their squad in general.
I really hope they fall on their arses in the premier league, not because of the players or the name, but because of their fans.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
The level of poison being spat in our direction on twitter by Leeds fans is getting tiresome now. Fortunately TB and Dan Ashworth will be dealing with matters at our end. Their man Victor Orta came across as a bit of a clown in the documentary. We'll have him for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here