Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Surely this thread needs to be closed or at least mothballed until the next time our paths cross? They lasted a season longer than I expected so well done them, but I think we can move on from the comedy blowhards that inspired this thread back when one of our youth team players (what was his name again?) got them promoted and then they wanted to sign him.

They are back to their proper level of has been club bouncing between divs 2 and 3. Seems kind of cruel to keep mocking them. What next? Laughing at Bolton Wanderers?
Given that we've got threads still being semi-regularly bounced about Massive, Pompey and probably other examples of lower-league fodder, I'm saying a big fat NO to your suggestion :lol:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
i notice that once again Leeds (according to Allardyce) "deserve" to be in the Premier League- I never understand this- not one single club outside of he Premier League "deserves" to be in it.

The only clubs deserving to be in it are the ones that have got there on merit.

Leicester, Leeds and Southampton deserve to be in the championship, as they simply werent good enough.

The sooner owners, players, and managers and more importantly FANS recognise that no club, however many trophies. titles etc they have in the past , deserve to be anywhere other than the positon they have earned to be the better.

Luton deserve to have their shot in the Prem as much as Leeds earned their chance. Leeds blew it-tough
I've been listening to a Leeds podcast on and off this season when it pops up in my feed and they've done part 1 of their relegation special.

Interestingly these guys appear to be...normal...?...Leeds fans, in that they acknowledge and speak about this idea that they "deserve" anything and how aside from a period of good times in the 70's they've been a bit of a yo-yo club.

It's worth a listen. Good knowledge, down to earth (mostly) and entertaining

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
I've been listening to a Leeds podcast on and off this season when it pops up in my feed and they've done part 1 of their relegation special.

Interestingly these guys appear to be...normal...?...Leeds fans, in that they acknowledge and speak about this idea that they "deserve" anything and how aside from a period of good times in the 70's they've been a bit of a yo-yo club.

It's worth a listen. Good knowledge, down to earth (mostly) and entertaining

Good times for themselves perhaps, but Leeds in the seventies left a trail of carnage both by the hooligans on the pitch and the hooligans off it. Norman Hunter (may he rot) ended Frank Casper's career for no reason other than that Burnley were beating them 4-1 at Elland Road, and I have no doubt their were others.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
20230602_122602.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Good times for themselves perhaps, but Leeds in the seventies left a trail of carnage both by the hooligans on the pitch and the hooligans off it. Norman Hunter (may he rot) ended Frank Casper's career for no reason other than that Burnley were beating them 4-1 at Elland Road, and I have no doubt their were others.
Sour grapes.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Given that we've got threads still being semi-regularly bounced about Massive, Pompey and probably other examples of lower-league fodder, I'm saying a big fat NO to your suggestion :lol:
There is only one thing worse than kicking an upstart when he's down.
And that's not kicking an upstart when he's down.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
i notice that once again Leeds (according to Allardyce) "deserve" to be in the Premier League- I never understand this- not one single club outside of he Premier League "deserves" to be in it.

The only clubs deserving to be in it are the ones that have got there on merit.

Leicester, Leeds and Southampton deserve to be in the championship, as they simply werent good enough.

The sooner owners, players, and managers and more importantly FANS recognise that no club, however many trophies. titles etc they have in the past , deserve to be anywhere other than the positon they have earned to be the better.

Luton deserve to have their shot in the Prem as much as Leeds earned their chance. Leeds blew it-tough
You say that, but surely if they have a lot of fans, some of whom don't wear shirts in winter...

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Relegated 1959/60
4 seasons out of top flight.

Relegated 1981/82
8 seasons out of top flight.

Relegated 2003/04
16 seasons out of top flight

Relegated 2022/23
See you in 2055 ?

Ooo I do like the symmetry of that! I see that they started to drop extra divisions as part of their odyssey too:

82-90 - second tier
04-20 - third tier (07-10)
23-55 - fourth tier?

The signs are there - they they will slip as low as League 2 around 2030...

Maths init?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Surely this thread needs to be closed or at least mothballed until the next time our paths cross? They lasted a season longer than I expected so well done them, but I think we can move on from the comedy blowhards that inspired this thread back when one of our youth team players (what was his name again?) got them promoted and then they wanted to sign him.

They are back to their proper level of has been club bouncing between divs 2 and 3. Seems kind of cruel to keep mocking them. What next? Laughing at Bolton Wanderers?
Just place the OP on ignore if the thread irritates you. Then the thread will disappear from NSC for you.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I noticed that too. Pretty impressive to claim you deserve to be in the Premier league when you’ve JUST been relegated from it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yep, from the team whose Joey Barton stayed on the pitch when we missed out on promotion, after studding Kayal. Barton later on scored the equaliser that stopped us going up. No sympathy.
Yes. f***ing Bumley. They may be decent now, but....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here