Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I like this absolute gem;

"Seriously, you would think we were back in 2015 having just finished mid table yet again. We just got promoted with arguably the best side ever to have played in the Championship"

Glorious lack of self-awareness there. It is a thoroughly basic team that they have, which absolutely is greater than the sum of it's parts. Their record in the Championship shows them to be entirely average for being promoted from that decision.

You have to go back a long time to the season before last and Wolves to find one better.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I think this will be the first season in a long time when all 3 promoted sides will be relegated. None of them have squads (atm) to match either Bournemouth or Watford, Palace maybe the only established side that could break up the party, and I reckon it all depends who has the best window.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It's not as black and white as that really.

If I remember correctly, we didn't play great v Norwich but lost to two FLUKES of own goals: Both long range efforts that twice came off the woodwork, hit Stockdale and went in....once is unfortunate, twice in a game is just sheer back luck.

Bristol City - that was just a crappy performance.

Villa last game: leading until the 94th minute when Sockboy scored, with a big slice of help from the Keeper.

We didn't really down tools after promotion - we still had the title to win on the final day. Hughton wouldn't have allowed them to ease off.

The Norwich game, they had 0 shots on target, and won 2-0!!

Only the Albion could manage that.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I think this will be the first season in a long time when all 3 promoted sides will be relegated. None of them have squads (atm) to match either Bournemouth or Watford, Palace maybe the only established side that could break up the party, and I reckon it all depends who has the best window.

I was saying the same to a fellow dog walker this morning. He is a West Ham fan and confident of a mid table finish. Fans of the promoted clubs have very little idea of the gulf in class between their promoted teams and the likes of West Ham and Brighton. Only leeds fans parade their ignorance on the internet.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Odds on that two will go in my opinion.

I just see the teams who just about avoided the drop last year will all improve.

Villa, West Ham and Newcastle will spend big. Slinging money is like slinging mud. Some of it will stick if you throw enough.

Palace and Burnley I believe will both lose managers and might find themselves down there.

Sheff U will clearly have second season syndrome, but will pick up enough points as they're good in both boxes.

Confident we'll have an ok season.

All 3 promoted teams will have to have very good transfer windows to stay away from a relegation fight. They aren't currently as good as the teams who came up last year

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Well, here’s something you can send deluded Leeds fans who think contracts don’t mean anything.

Sarr spelling it out:

2aa4f3712ac941f591176b3896a09dd6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Um... I read that as Sarr refusing to put in a transfer request - because it will cost him a fortune.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I don't know if that is true, but if so, it was seriously unprofessional.

With three games to go there is a hell of a lot to be decided, play off places, relegation, it is the business end of the season. It is completely unfair to other clubs and shows disrespect to the competition as a whole to not play with full focus until the very last minute of the last game.

Plus it will have cost you the title itself. Didn't you care about that? Have you won so many of them over the years they don't matter to you? Ridiculously unprofessional.

The comparison with a Bielsa team is telling. He insists on playing full tilt even when the actual title itself is won. Which is why we hammered both Derby and Charlton even though most of the players were suffering the after effect of celebatory late nights and too much booze. (He allowed that).

Bit of both, we can’t deny the players did take their eye off the ball with all the celebrations. I can forgive them that.

We were also very unlucky against Villa. Should have been 3pts.

Certainly Hughton was definitely pissed we didn’t clinch the title. So it wasn’t a lack of care from him. That was the most angry I saw him in all his time as our manager.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Leeds fan here.

Not sure there is an issue with players for any team getting on the booze after sealing promotion... What are they supposed to do, not celebrate?

Provided that it doesn't affect their performances or disrespect the competition, I don't see too much of an issue with either Leeds or Brighton doing it.

Whether it was the booze or not, we seemed to lose focus and missed out on the championship title as a result.
It annoyed me.

But it was a very small glitch in two otherwise fantastic Championship seasons in a row under Chris Hughton. We played superb attacking football. We went for half-season stretches without losing. We scored a lot of amazing goals. We played as a team that was far more than the sum of its parts. We had great team spirit and when we played as well as we could we out-ran and out-played every other team in the division (with just a few, inevitable off days). I went to every game for two seasons in a row expecting us to win. And mostly we did. And in the end, after coming so close the season before, we got promoted.

I'd imagine much of that sounds familiar?

We strengthened considerably before going into the premier league.
And we struggled. Backs-to-the-wall defending. Goals a rarity. Watching Liverpool's front line moving quicker than human beings have any right to as they carved us apart. Fearing relegation until the last few games.It was only Hughton's tactics and pragmatic approach, with the players he had to work with, that meant we never dropped into the bottom three for our first two seasons. As we slowly slowly built and improved. And as our academy began to pay dvidends.

Now this is the first year that I am not certain that we are going to be in a relegation battle.

That's what's ahead of you.
If you are lucky.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

West Brom I worry for them, they look exceptionally poor to me and they need a very good window. A Duffy could make the difference (so understandable why we’re not keen to sell to them).

Leeds, blah blah. Jokes aside, a lot to prove. As things stand they are actually weaker with the loss of their best defender. Their fans are going to find out how tough the step up is. Blah blah Bielsa ball.. guys, we played like Barca in the Championship at times under Hughton, and Knockeart was our Messi. The difference can not be overstated. Even teams that you are arrogantly writing off will surprise you with how ruthless they can be (eg Burnley).

Fulham, much like Leeds. Actually of the 3 I can see Fulham being the best, possibly. In a funny way their squad has a lot of luxury players that may perform better in the Prem. And people are forgetting a lot of their players have PL experience already. They may survive.

A lot of business to be done yet of course.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't know if that is true, but if so, it was seriously unprofessional.

With three games to go there is a hell of a lot to be decided, play off places, relegation, it is the business end of the season. It is completely unfair to other clubs and shows disrespect to the competition as a whole to not play with full focus until the very last minute of the last game.

Plus it will have cost you the title itself. Didn't you care about that? Have you won so many of them over the years they don't matter to you? Ridiculously unprofessional.
You've asked that question before, and I answered it. It is true, we blew a seven point lead (not intentionally), and we were pissed off about it. Do you just come on here to post and not bother reading the replies, or what?

Our form in those last three matches did not affect promotion or relegation, as far as I recall - the only losers were us, missing out on the title and a 100 points total for the season.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Bit of both, we can’t deny the players did take their eye off the ball with all the celebrations. I can forgive them that.

We were also very unlucky against Villa. Should have been 3pts.

Certainly Hughton was definitely pissed we didn’t clinch the title. So it wasn’t a lack of care from him. That was the most angry I saw him in all his time as our manager.

With the flags on the seats and the atmosphere, we thought we only had to turn up v Bristol C to be champions, Johnson used that to inspire them to the win.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

I'm pretty sure Palace will go down, no idea which one of the newcomers that stay up. Leeds indeed got Bielsa. WBA got their usual barbaric football and a lot of PL experience within the team. Fulham squad looks better than both on paper.

Killer Whale

Banned
Jul 27, 2020
The question is why would a Leeds fan care that much about Brighton's last three games when we won promotion?

I don't. I had forgotten that you hadn't won the title when you were promoted until it came up on this thread, so little had it impinged on my consciousness. And we were playing in the same division!

I am on this thread, and website because it concerns Leeds, no other reason, no other thread. I want us to beat you when we play, of course, but other than that Brighton matter to me as little as Reading, or West Brom, or Norwich, or Fulham or QPR, indeed a plethora of clubs. Pretty much every club in fact.

The clubs I do care about, who I REALLY want to lose, even against Johnny Foreigner, are Chelsea and Man Yoo. The latter's defeat last night gave me ridiculous pleasure, I am not ashamed to admit. I loved it. Delicious.

(Not fond of the Arse either now I think about it).

But Brighton? No. Maybe that will change a little this season since you will be a relegation rival, but if so it will be nothing personal.

Killer Whale

Banned
Jul 27, 2020
You've asked that question before, and I answered it. It is true, we blew a seven point lead (not intentionally), and we were pissed off about it. Do you just come on here to post and not bother reading the replies, or what?

Our form in those last three matches did not affect promotion or relegation, as far as I recall - the only losers were us, missing out on the title and a 100 points total for the season.

It was a rhetorical question.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Honestly, the stupidity of these Leeds fans !

Telling themselves that Brighton didn’t rate White so just farmed him off to Leeds as we had no clue, then now demanding £50 mill as Leeds “made him”

I can only surmise this how Leeds Loan out their own young players , if they have any that is .

Brighton & Hove Albion as a club from top to bottom are streets ahead of Leeds Utd theses days from infrastructure to youth development and coaching to recruitment ,

Oh and when Bielsa can take a bunch of 4th tier part timers to the Champions League he might just then be in the same Calibre as Potter

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Honestly, the stupidity of these Leeds fans !

Telling themselves that Brighton didn’t rate White so just farmed him off to Leeds as we had no clue, then now demanding £50 mill as Leeds “made him”

I can only surmise this how Leeds Loan out their own young players , if they have any that is .

Brighton & Hove Albion as a club from top to bottom are streets ahead of Leeds Utd theses days from infrastructure to youth development and coaching to recruitment ,

Oh and when Bielsa can take a bunch of 4th tier part timers to the Champions League he might just then be in the same Calibre as Potter

https://the72.co.uk/186561/leeds-un...ing-interest-of-efl-trio-loan-after-new-deal/

In his podcast, Hay confirms that Gotts will be given a new deal at Elland Road, continuing the current trend of extending deals of rated youngsters. He then continues by adding that he thinks a loan out of Elland Road will be on the cards. Hay says of all of this:

“Robbie Gotts will be tied to new terms and, I think, he will find a loan club. He’s got an amount of interest in him: Huddersfield, naturally, who have Carlos Corberan as coach now, are keen, but also Hull and Blackpool would like to take him.”

Should Corberan plump for Gotts it will, of course, extend that Leeds link with the Spaniard the former head of the Under-23s at Leeds before taking up the Huddersfield job. This would see Gotts performing in the Sky Bet Championship.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
If Bielsa made White, there is nothing to stop him doing the same to another centre back shirley??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here