Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
If you're a multi billionaire owner of Chelsea football club, residing on your anchored at seas, multi million £ ship.... you'd think you'd have a degree of privacy from 50+ year old, total f**kwits. Unfortunately not.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Well, here’s something you can send deluded Leeds fans who think contracts don’t mean anything.

Sarr spelling it out:

2aa4f3712ac941f591176b3896a09dd6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
If you're a multi billionaire owner of Chelsea football club, residing on your anchored at seas, multi million £ ship.... you'd think you'd have a degree of privacy from 50+ year old, total f**kwits. Unfortunately not.

Ha.

Whie I am enjoying the whole Ben White saga, and taking the piss out of Leeds, in this case my sympathy here is entirely with the 50+ year old f*ckwit.

Sod the people in the big boat. Nobody should ever have that much money.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I like this absolute gem;

"Seriously, you would think we were back in 2015 having just finished mid table yet again. We just got promoted with arguably the best side ever to have played in the Championship"

Glorious lack of self-awareness there. It is a thoroughly basic team that they have, which absolutely is greater than the sum of it's parts. Their record in the Championship shows them to be entirely average for being promoted from that decision.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

"Seriously, you would think we were back in 2015 having just finished mid table yet again. We just got promoted with arguably the best side ever to have played in the Championship"

Glorious lack of self-awareness there. It is a thoroughly basic team that they have, which absolutely is greater than the sum of it's parts. Their record in the Championship shows them to be entirely average for being promoted from that decision.

Classic !

Without the shutdown they were looking to choke again , worn out after two thirds of the season .

Same will happen in the Prem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

It was a very poor championship last season.
They got 93 points and finished 1st by 10 points.
When we went up, we had 93 points, we finished 2nd.

Our record that season was exactly the same as theirs.

Pl 46. W. 28. D. 9. L. 9

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Agreed. They ended up with 93 points at the end of the season. I think we had the same, despite winning promotion with three games to go and not really focusing after that.

It was also widely agreed that it was the weakest Championship in a long time last season. The standard was poor compared to previous seasons

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Is that on twitter or waccoe?

Killer Whale

Banned
Jul 27, 2020
Agreed. They ended up with 93 points at the end of the season. I think we had the same, despite winning promotion with three games to go and not really focusing after that.

I don't know if that is true, but if so, it was seriously unprofessional.

With three games to go there is a hell of a lot to be decided, play off places, relegation, it is the business end of the season. It is completely unfair to other clubs and shows disrespect to the competition as a whole to not play with full focus until the very last minute of the last game.

Plus it will have cost you the title itself. Didn't you care about that? Have you won so many of them over the years they don't matter to you? Ridiculously unprofessional.

The comparison with a Bielsa team is telling. He insists on playing full tilt even when the actual title itself is won. Which is why we hammered both Derby and Charlton even though most of the players were suffering the after effect of celebatory late nights and too much booze. (He allowed that).

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

With three games to go there is a hell of a lot to be decided, play off places, relegation, it is the business end of the season. It is completely unfair to other clubs and shows disrespect to the competition as a whole to not play with full focus until the very last minute of the last game.

Plus it will have cost you the title itself. Didn't you care about that? Have you won so many of them over the years they don't matter to you? Ridiculously unprofessional.

The comparison with a Bielsa team is telling. He insists on playing full tilt even when the actual title itself is won. Which is why we hammered both Derby and Charlton even though most of the players were suffering the after effect of celebatory late nights and too much booze. (He allowed that).

So Bielsa did let them go on the booze, but we're disrespectful?

There were Albion players on the booze as well after the Wigan game (as I can personally testify), but the partying for weeks thing is over done. The game we lost at Norwich, they had zero shots on target, won 2-0 with both goals hitting post and coming back off our keeper and into the net. So unlucky. The Villa game, played quite well, lost to a late Grealish winner. One match, Bristol City I think, fair enough we were hungover, (literally or metaphorically, I don't know).

But the point is, it happens. Liverpool were probably the most dominant team in any league ever last season. 25 points clear and they switched off hugely for their last few games. It's entirely normal not to be able to lift yourself emotionally when you've done what you've set out to achieve. I could name dozens of examples of this happening.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

In that case, why did you lose 9 times when the title wasn't yet won? If it wasn't for a lack of effort, it must've been a lack of quality.

Obviously not that great a side, certainly no better than ours when we were promoted.

And the standout player for you last season has come back to his parent club, an established Prem side. Welcome. The step up is much greater than pretty much any Leeds fan seems willing to acknowledge.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
So Bielsa did let them go on the booze, but we're disrespectful?

There were Albion players on the booze as well after the Wigan game (as I can personally testify), but the partying for weeks thing is over done. The game we lost at Norwich, they had zero shots on target, won 2-0 with both goals hitting post and coming back off our keeper and into the net. So unlucky. The Villa game, played quite well, lost to a late Grealish winner. One match, Bristol City I think, fair enough we were hungover, (literally or metaphorically, I don't know).

But the point is, it happens. Liverpool were probably the most dominant team in any league ever last season. 25 points clear and they switched off hugely for their last few games. It's entirely normal not to be able to lift yourself emotionally when you've done what you've set out to achieve. I could name dozens of examples of this happening.

Exactly. These things happen when you achieve your aim. We'd been up the top for two seasons and just missed out on promotion the previous season. We may have lost a bit of focus but it was understandable. As you say Liverpool did it.

The question is why would a Leeds fan care that much about Brighton's last three games when we won promotion?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

It's not as black and white as that really.

If I remember correctly, we didn't play great v Norwich but lost to two FLUKES of own goals: Both long range efforts that twice came off the woodwork, hit Stockdale and went in....once is unfortunate, twice in a game is just sheer back luck.

Bristol City - that was just a crappy performance.

Villa last game: leading until the 94th minute when Sockboy scored, with a big slice of help from the Keeper.

We didn't really down tools after promotion - we still had the title to win on the final day. Hughton wouldn't have allowed them to ease off.

The Fridge

Jul 29, 2020
Leeds fan here.

Not sure there is an issue with players for any team getting on the booze after sealing promotion... What are they supposed to do, not celebrate?

Provided that it doesn't affect their performances or disrespect the competition, I don't see too much of an issue with either Leeds or Brighton doing it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here