Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Defund the BBC.

Jan 30, 2008
You know, if you really cared about older people / pensioners...

In 2018, the maximum weekly state pension

£513 in Spain
£507 in Germany
£304 in France
£141 in the UK

[tweet]1231245800753201152[/tweet]

Hows your private/ work pension performing ?
Regards
DF

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Hows your private/ work pension performing ?
Regards
DF

Not everybody has the luck to have a private or work pension. LARGE numbers of people have to survive on the feeble state pension, and through no fault of their own.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Not everybody has the luck to have a private or work pension. LARGE numbers of people have to survive on the feeble state pension, and through no fault of their own.

Vote Tory to make your senior citizens poorer to then argue we should get rid of the BBC cos they can't afford it

#gaslit

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If anyone is genuinely interested in the complex field of pensions between nations, without a preset mind from the left or right, R4’s Moneybox presented by socially minded Paul Lewis yesterday is worth a listen for starters.

Also https://fullfact.org/europe/pensioners-eu-uk/

The UK’s system is complex, comprising:
1. State pensions - costing £100b a year, one of the highest sums in the world.
2. Occupational and personal pensions - for the person on the shop floor or shop, the self employed and company owner managers. The UK government subsidises this through tax relief at a cost of £40b a year.
3. Means tested and flat rate other benefits.

Spain - start pensions start at £155 a week.
France - £130.
Germany - has an entirely different system to all the aforementioned. Fairly complex, with private pensions for 18 million and various insurance schemes. https://www.pensionfundsonline.co.uk/content/country-profiles/germany

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
You make your own luck in life
Regards
DF

Some people are more able to “make their own luck” than others, but I wouldn’t expect you to understand that.

If you’re Boris Johnson or David Cameron, great.

If you’re a kid living on a sink estate which has very low educational achievement levels, your school is underfunded and the Education Secretary failed to come up with the promised laptop during lockdown, your parents are on benefits and don’t have the confidence, self belief or opportunity to better themselves and they look on you as a problem rather than a tender young shoot to be cared for, then it might be a bit more difficult. But I wouldn’t expect you to understand that either.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Some people are more able to “make their own luck” than others, but I wouldn’t expect you to understand that.

If you’re a kid living on a sink estate which has very low educational achievement levels, your school is underfunded and the Education Secretary failed to come up with the promised laptop during lockdown, your parents are on benefits and don’t have the confidence, self belief or opportunity to better themselves and they look on you as a problem rather than a tender young shoot to be cared for, then it might be a bit more difficult. But I wouldn’t expect you to understand that either.

Posts a video from someone born into priveledge then says you make your own luck???

Jan 30, 2008

Why's that ???
Regards
DF

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Why's that ???
Regards
DF

Why’s what?

If it’s about the “I wouldn’t expect you to understand that” comments, it’s because you seem to have no inclination to “empathise” with anybody who doesn’t have much chance in life, or to support anyone who might actually do something about it.

Jan 30, 2008
Why’s what?

If it’s about the “I wouldn’t expect you to understand that” comments, it’s because you seem to have no inclination to “empathise” with anybody who doesn’t have much chance in life, or to support anyone who might actually do something about it.

Never judge a book by the cover
Regards
DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here