Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Defund the BBC.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Blimey ,how about looking at the people posting allegations based on one persons opinion ,I only tell the truth seems like that rocks the boat for some
Regards
DF

But that's the funniest part of it.

You don't have the balls to 'tell your truths' because you are so frightened of being permanently banned from a forum where you 'told your truths' once too often many, many years ago.

So you skirt and dance around subjects, desperately trying to hint at 'your truths', but never daring to tell them like some sort of demented Pretty pink fairy and therefor get treated by everyone on here as the pathetic inconsequential joke that you are :lolol:

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
But that's the funniest part of it.

You don't have the balls to 'tell your truths' because you are so frightened of being permanently banned from a forum where you 'told your truths' once too often many, many years ago.

So you skirt and dance around subjects, desperately trying to hint at 'your truths', but never daring to tell them like some sort of demented Pretty pink fairy and therefor get treated by everyone on here as the pathetic inconsequential joke that you are :lolol:
So much so you felt compelled to jump in feet first....
Priceless
Regards
DF

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
Don’t defund the BBC. Instead, accept it as an imperfect vessel, generally well-meaning, often flawed, trying to do the impossible: entertain and inform a hugely diverse population with widely differing views.

Accept that while its politics might not be your own, it is a feature of British life and gives much pleasure to millions of people.

There’s a certain lack of awareness in those who complain about cancel culture, and simultaneously trying to get an entire broadcasting organisation taken off air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Don’t defund the BBC. Instead, accept it as an imperfect vessel, generally well-meaning, often flawed, trying to do the impossible: entertain and inform a hugely diverse population with widely differing views.

Accept that while its politics might not be your own, it is a feature of British life and gives much pleasure to millions of people.

There’s a certain lack of awareness in those who complain about cancel culture, and simultaneously trying to get an entire broadcasting organisation taken off air.

Who’s trying to get it taken off air?
Make it subscription and standing its own two feet..
People should not have to face prison for not wanting to watch it.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
Who’s trying to get it taken off air?
Make it subscription and standing its own two feet..
People should not have to face prison for not wanting to watch it.

Nobody faces prison for not wanting to watch the BBC. The TV Licensing website makes it clear that you only need a TV license if you watch live broadcasts (on any channel) and gives you the option to declare that you don’t need a license.

People could potentially face prison if they do watch live broadcasts on TV but don’t obtain a license. The rules there are quite straightforward. What you’re paying for is a government license to watch live broadcasts.

And you don’t see any advantage in a service that is not subject to commercial pressures, that attempts to find a middle ground, and unite rather than divide? I believe that to be short sighted.

Even if you never watch the BBC, you benefit from their existence. Current commercial efforts can’t drift too far down the cheap/low quality route, as there’s a baseline of service below which viewers will simply return to the Beeb. That is why it is Murdoch’s bete noire, it makes his life more expensive.

I personally would prefer to see the license fee made voluntary, and perhaps a 10% levy on purchases of AV equipment. That will lose the corporation money, but until something different is put in place I will continue to pay my license fee without complaint, even though I seem to have gone off watching the telly over the last couple of months.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
He believes what Murdoch tells him to believe.

controlled minds

Speaking of controlled minds and media manipulation did you catch any of the news concerning CNN's Technical Director Charlie Chester being exposed in a sting operation recently? You should check it out and now the whistleblower has been banned from Twitter. Propaganda and agendas are pumped out from all sides let's face it.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Nobody faces prison for not wanting to watch the BBC. The TV Licensing website makes it clear that you only need a TV license if you watch live broadcasts (on any channel) and gives you the option to declare that you don’t need a license.

People could potentially face prison if they do watch live broadcasts on TV but don’t obtain a license. The rules there are quite straightforward. What you’re paying for is a government license to watch live broadcasts.

And you don’t see any advantage in a service that is not subject to commercial pressures, that attempts to find a middle ground, and unite rather than divide? I believe that to be short sighted.

Even if you never watch the BBC, you benefit from their existence. Current commercial efforts can’t drift too far down the cheap/low quality route, as there’s a baseline of service below which viewers will simply return to the Beeb. That is why it is Murdoch’s bete noire, it makes his life more expensive.

I personally would prefer to see the license fee made voluntary, and perhaps a 10% levy on purchases of AV equipment. That will lose the corporation money, but until something different is put in place I will continue to pay my license fee without complaint, even though I seem to have gone off watching the telly over the last couple of months.

If you check page 6 of the attached 74% of 114k criminalised for non payment in 2019 alone are women, so essentially the BBC as an organisation is content to criminalise the low paid and particularly criminalise low paid women.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...omen-and-the-criminal-justice-system-2019.pdf

It’s quite likely that the vast majority of these women being criminalised would probably want to watch BBC output, however it’s also the case that this constituency will be in absolute poverty, whether single mums, middle aged divorcees etc.

Notwithstanding the BBC’s propensity to criminalise the poor generally this vindictive approach to poor women in particular should be investigated, not least on the basis of gender discrimination.

A shameful situation for a thoroughly disreputable organisation; given that many progressives are looking to modernise this country’s institutions these days, the BBC must be top of the list.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
If you check page 6 of the attached 74% of 114k criminalised for non payment in 2019 alone are women, so essentially the BBC as an organisation is content to criminalise the low paid and particularly criminalise low paid women.

It’s quite likely that the vast majority of these women being criminalised would probably want to watch BBC output, however it’s also the case that this constituency will be in absolute poverty, whether single mums, middle aged divorcees etc.

Notwithstanding the BBC’s propensity to criminalise the poor generally this vindictive approach to poor women in particular should be investigated, not least on the basis of gender discrimination.

A shameful situation for a thoroughly disreputable organisation; given that many progressives are looking to modernise this country’s institutions these days, the BBC must be top of the list.

1. As I’ve said previously, my personal preference would be for the license fee to be voluntary. (Perhaps at least substantially reduced for those on means tested benefit) - huge generalisation to claim that all/most single mums or middle aged divorcees are in poverty though, absolutely not true.

2. The current rules being what they are, the TV licensing people are targeting addresses. Their letters are not sent to named individuals unless they have had contact with you personally. All the figure in the report highlights is that a greater percentage of women than men have (once under investigation) refused to settle their case and proceeded to court.

3. The rules are the rules. I would quite like to have a couple of million in the bank, but if I hold up my local building society (a “victimless” crime, because the building society are insured, so all risk falls on those evil money-grabbing insurers) then I risk prosecution (if identified as a suspect and caught).

On a much smaller scale, that is the game that those convicted of evasion have played and lost. “I wanted something so I took it”.

Perhaps they’ve been told down the pub that nobody’s ever been convicted for TV license fraud, believed it, and gone to court. I’ve some (limited) sympathy for those in this group, who’ve been badly advised by people they trust and shouldn’t.

Alternatively, they’ve been in the kind of money trouble that means they don’t open any of their mail. I have a lot of time and sympathy for people who’ve reached that point, and don’t believe there’s ever been a time when prosecution has made that situation better. That is when (IMO) the BBC needs to wind its neck right in.

Then there are some who just think “Nah, I’m not paying.” And that’s their choice, but it’s the BBC’s prerogative to prosecute and I don’t blame them.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
1. As I’ve said previously, my personal preference would be for the license fee to be voluntary. (Perhaps at least substantially reduced for those on means tested benefit) - huge generalisation to claim that all/most single mums or middle aged divorcees are in poverty though, absolutely not true.

2. The current rules being what they are, the TV licensing people are targeting addresses. Their letters are not sent to named individuals unless they have had contact with you personally. All the figure in the report highlights is that a greater percentage of women than men have (once under investigation) refused to settle their case and proceeded to court.

3. The rules are the rules. I would quite like to have a couple of million in the bank, but if I hold up my local building society (a “victimless” crime, because the building society are insured, so all risk falls on those evil money-grabbing insurers) then I risk prosecution (if identified as a suspect and caught).

On a much smaller scale, that is the game that those convicted of evasion have played and lost. “I wanted something so I took it”.

Perhaps they’ve been told down the pub that nobody’s ever been convicted for TV license fraud, believed it, and gone to court. I’ve some (limited) sympathy for those in this group, who’ve been badly advised by people they trust and shouldn’t.

Alternatively, they’ve been in the kind of money trouble that means they don’t open any of their mail. I have a lot of time and sympathy for people who’ve reached that point, and don’t believe there’s ever been a time when prosecution has made that situation better. That is when (IMO) the BBC needs to wind its neck right in.

Then there are some who just think “Nah, I’m not paying.” And that’s their choice, but it’s the BBC’s prerogative to prosecute and I don’t blame them.

My claim is that the BBC criminalises the poor, you can reject that in the belief that it’s wealthy people avoiding payment but, to be frank, that would be rank stupidity.

http://www.moragtreanor.co.uk/?p=350

We are at least aligned on the shift to voluntary payment of the licence fee, for those that want to support the BBC it’s strange that they fear such a development. If this country genuinely loves Auntie, then everything will be fine.

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
My claim is that the BBC criminalises the poor, you can reject that in the belief that it’s wealthy people avoiding payment but, to be frank, that would be rank stupidity.

We are at least aligned on the shift to voluntary payment of the licence fee, for those that want to support the BBC it’s strange that they fear such a development. If this country genuinely loves Auntie, then everything will be fine.

Good to see one person who has been suspended from NSC for being a racist supporting PPF, another person who has been suspended from NSC for being a racist.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

doesn't work like that, same as trying to pursuade people they should pay more tax, much easier to pursuade people to vote against their own interests, if there was some imaginary ot short term gain

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Show me a racist post ?
Regards
DF

Well there's this one :dunce:

Das Reich One year ban

Following a detailed review of posts from this person, the following was noted. Racism, homophobia, glorification of football violence, holocaust denial, Nazi apologism etc.

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?161013-Das-Reich-One-year-ban

Which is why calling you a Scrounging, Anti-Semitic, Racist, Homophobic, Glorifyer of football violence, Holocaust denying, Nazi apologist, trolling ****, isn't an insult. Just a simple statement of fact based on the reasons for your various bans :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here