Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear spain

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Lots of countries charge fees to enter, don't they?

Many countries charge you for a visa (Turkey for example, charges £10 for a 90 day visa at the arrival airport). You don't need a visa to travel between EU countries so it would be illegal to charge EU citizens for it.
It's just posturing, I'd suggest we sink their fleet (again) to teach them a lesson.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Have you seen it ?

no, tbh the news article i read dont show it. is it substantial enough to destroy the local Spanish fishing industry, as apparently claimed, and justify a blockade?

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Dear spain,

I have just cancelled my holiday to you, I refuse to spend my hard earned money in a country that has decided to tax 50 Euros to cross the border from spain to Gibraltar.

I will not spend my money in a country who has decided to ban all flights over spanish airspace to Gibraltar.

I hope everyone who can, without losing money themselves, will do the same.

Your economy is reliant upon holidaymakers, a huge proportion of these holidaymakers are British.

Yours hoping you suffer badly,

Hillian

Smell her :catfight:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
no, tbh the news article i read dont show it. is it substantial enough to destroy the local Spanish fishing industry, as apparently claimed, and justify a blockade?

I've seen it and was quite surprised a few years ago. They are building out massively into the sea.

I went there completely the wrong time. England were playing Wales and the place was full of Gibraltarians in England shirts.

It's a very very odd place.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Deer Meester Hillian,
We not care you no come here, jou can pees off to greez, eet no problem.
We got lot of work to do so go for siesta now, then we get up and get load of pesetas off our friends the Germans.
Amor
Espana

Dear Manuel,

Those Germans are paying you a redundant currency...

BP

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Gibraltar is a dirty dust bowl that is indeed not much different from what Swindon would be like if it was permanently hot and on the coast, and the only reason I can think anyone would ever want to go there is if they smoked like a chimney. Back in the day we used to go regularly, and tabs were incredibly cheap. That's what having no tax does, I guess. But the population are fiercely proudly British in the same way as Channel Islanders are, and they are not exclusively "Brits in the sun" types. They are not all fat fry-up eating tax dodgers - there is a significant indigenous population who look and sound Spanish but feel every bit as British as we do.

I'm comfortable with our stance on Gibraltar, especially seeing as the Spanish are so hypocritical with Ceuta and Mallila, who for those who don't know are two similar outposts across the 10 mile straight bolted onto what is now Morocco.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Gibraltar is a dirty dust bowl that is indeed not much different from what Swindon would be like if it was permanently hot and on the coast, and the only reason I can think anyone would ever want to go there is if they smoked like a chimney. Back in the day we used to go regularly, and tabs were incredibly cheap. That's what having no tax does, I guess. But the population are fiercely proudly British in the same way as Channel Islanders are, and they are not exclusively "Brits in the sun" types. They are not all fat fry-up eating tax dodgers - there is a significant indigenous population who look and sound Spanish but feel every bit as British as we do.

I'm comfortable with our stance on Gibraltar, especially seeing as the Spanish are so hypocritical with Ceuta and Mallila, who for those who don't know are two similar outposts across the 10 mile straight bolted onto what is now Morocco.

Yep, pretty much sums it up. It's really up to them in my opinion same as The Falklands.

But it isn't Britain. They are living in a Disney Land version about 20 years behind.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
When i served in Gib in the seventies and early eighties, there was no border crossing allowed at all, so even Gib citizens had to go first to Morocco, and then to Spain, if they wanted to cross the border.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here